Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Thanks for the update!. What was your best ET/MPH this season and what did it weight at that time? I know you might now want to say but just in case I figured I would ask.
X2! I agree it's OK dick,if you don't want to post your weight and best et over the past 2years I'd understand. I too was and still am embarrassed of the money I spent for the lack in performance I gained. It's everything I have to give and then some just to go racing with Pontiac power. If that is true that you only have picked up NINE HUN over 4 race seasons.Im glad I gave up the fight,cut my losses,and made a change for the better and a helluva more economical choice......so what was your best ET to date?Once again I completely understand if your ashamed to say. I have been there.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 01-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Serious question, why do a lot these builds have vacuum issues?
Are you biased towards high vacuum builds?

Old 01-02-2019, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
X2! I agree it's OK dick,if you don't want to post your weight and best et over the past 2years I'd understand. I too was and still am embarrassed of the money I spent for the lack in performance I gained. It's everything I have to give and then some just to go racing with Pontiac power. If that is true that you only have picked up NINE HUN over 4 race seasons.Im glad I gave up the fight,cut my losses,and made a change for the better and a helluva more economical choice......so what was your best ET to date?Once again I completely understand if your ashamed to say. I have been there.
ASSumptions that is what happens when someone is not happy with something and believes everyone else is also unhappy with it.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 01-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Evidently reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Chevy is the brand for you.

BTW, can one drill holes in those Chevy heads while they are on the engine, letting the metal shavings go into the crankcase? Just asking for a friend.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Kind of a MEAN post!

GTO George

Old 01-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ASSumptions and kind of a mean post? Ok, Dick Fulton.. Keep up the good work! If you would have kept your old combo and according to the amount you have spent per the post on this website. What was your your best et and mph in the past 4 years? I seriously am concerned because I have been there. It wasnt until I had a friend help with converters did I finally make leaps and bounds.....because just putting my car in the box let alone racing it cost a stupid amount.... I'm not a internet racer it cost me more than I can possibly give to race and do what I do. The keyboard jockeys is what makes the the pontiac community go backwards.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”

2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 01-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Evidently reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Chevy is the brand for you.

BTW, can one drill holes in those Chevy heads while they are on the engine, letting the metal shavings go into the crankcase? Just asking for a friend.
Huh? Sure it wasn't his manifold porting???

Old 01-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Kind of a MEAN post!

GTO George
You busted Dragncars chops on never running a 10.90...... I can only run a 10.90 on a very good day! I lol run 10.79 mainly.....if you wanna run heads up I'd gladly bust your ACE and you will most definitely have to FINALLY run YOUR 7 second pass to beat me... Call me on it.....YOU WILL HAVE TO run your 7 sec ET to beat me....Was that mean? Challenging George to run what he has always had in his car? Heck I'm only a 10.90 car...so slow but I bet I give George a run for his money!even if you want to put a dial on the car it's cool It wouldn't be the 1 st time I have crossed on a blower car

Last edited by S/st 54; 01-02-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
ASSumptions and kind of a mean post? Ok, Dick Fulton.. Keep up the good work! If you would have kept your old combo and according to the amount you have spent per the post on this website. What was your your best et and mph in the past 4 years? I seriously am concerned because I have been there. It wasnt until I had a friend help with converters did I finally make leaps and bounds.....because just putting my car in the box let alone racing it cost a stupid amount.... I'm not a internet racer it cost me more than I can possibly give to race and do what I do. The keyboard jockeys is what makes the the pontiac community go backwards.
Jason,
You are unhappy with what happened. The world knows that. But it does not matter what et or MPH Dick has run and if anyone is happy with these results or not. The only thing that matters is if Dick is happy with these results. I am really sorry that you cannot understand that.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
Pontiac Pump Gas List
Old 01-02-2019, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

I'm not sure what you are talking about.
My car is repeating like a dream. So I know my car isn't the problem. Just like Fulton only picking up 9 Hun over the past 4 seasons....... Is his car the problem as to why it's not responding to the changes..........asking for a friend TOO

Old 01-02-2019, 02:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are talking about.
My car is repeating like a dream. So I know my car isn't the problem. Just like Fulton only picking up 9 Hun over the past 4 seasons....... Is his car the problem as to why it's not responding to the changes..........asking for a friend TOO
So whats your beef with Fulton's car or him? Or is it just that he didnt gain what you would have wanted? ...if I remember when you switched to BBC power there were a few people who gave you a hard time. But it was your choice for your reasons so who cares right? ..but now you get to ridicule Fulton for what you percieve as not enough gains? ...sounds like an asshat move if you ask me.
Now, I dont know Fulton, he wouldnt know me if he ran me over. And this isnt a defence of his choice in cylinder head. Who cares...CV1, Tiger,Billet...who cares.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
So whats your beef with Fulton's car or him? Or is it just that he didnt gain what you would have wanted? ...if I remember when you switched to BBC power there were a few people who gave you a hard time. But it was your choice for your reasons so who cares right? ..but now you get to ridicule Fulton for what you percieve as not enough gains? ...sounds like an asshat move if you ask me.
Now, I dont know Fulton, he wouldnt know me if he ran me over. And this isnt a defence of his choice in cylinder head. Who cares...CV1, Tiger,Billet...who cares.
Scott I have no beef what so ever with Dick Fulton. I really hope after this 5th season of running cv-1's he shows a gain of more than 9 Hun. To this point I question why a guy would invest so much for a 9 hundredths gain . However my hats off to him for the time and money he spent.....the only thing I question is why has It taken so long to produce a legitimate gain in et and mph to this point,since he has been a mouth piece to the R2 brand to this point.
Also he has the same friends I have up in Minnesota and they all speak highly of him so I won't change my stance as being a Dick Fulton fan.....I do however wonder why he hasn't run any better than he has to this point.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Scott I have no beef what so ever with Dick Fulton. I really hope after this 5th season of running cv-1's he shows a gain of more than 9 Hun. To this point I question why a guy would invest so much for a 9 hundredths gain . However my hats off to him for the time and money he spent.....the only thing I question is why has It taken so long to produce a legitimate gain in et and mph to this point,since he has been a mouth piece to the R2 brand to this point.
Also he has the same friends I have up in Minnesota and they all speak highly of him so I won't change my stance as being a Dick Fulton fan.....I do however wonder why he hasn't run any better than he has to this point.
Seems you are taking two different da's and calling it the same..he went high 80's low 90's at norwalk with e heads.. he went .61 with a hurt cylinder with cv-1 heads at norwalk.. similar da. His 1/8 mph was 150 in a 1/4 mile car

Last edited by Scott Roberts; 01-02-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
From what I have read his gains were more than 9 hundredths. And as for being the mouth piece, it seems the people on the opposing side of the arguement are making him the mouth piece. They always bring him up. He seems pretty low key. Doesnt even respond on here very often. But thats just what it looks like to me.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:14 PM
Suspended

Quote:
You just like Dragncar! LOL!

GTO George

Old 01-02-2019, 03:27 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
Seems you are taking two different da's and calling it the same..he went high 80's low 90's at norwalk with e heads.. he went .61 with a hurt cylinder with cv-1 heads at norwalk.. similar da. His 1/8 mph was 150 in a 1/4 mile car
Off the throttle at 1000' IIRC.

Math isn't his strong suit either. 7.90-7.61 = 0.09 in his mind. Ignoring completely the issues involved or Mr. Fulton's own statements of satisfaction with power, just needing to get the power down.

Typical of this group's repeated posts of misinformation. Non-stop.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Off the throttle at 1000' IIRC.

Math isn't his strong suit either. 7.90-7.61 = 0.09 in his mind. Ignoring completely the issues involved or Mr. Fulton's own statements of satisfaction with power, just needing to get the power down.

Typical of this group's repeated posts of misinformation. Non-stop.
Off the throttle at 1000' doesn't do much for et, mph yes, et no.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone have a link to the time sheet for the 7.61? If not what was the MPH on the 7.61 run?

Stan

Pontiac Pump Gas List
Old 01-02-2019, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess it comes down to Fulton being happy with the money spent for the amount of gain and Jason was not. These are race cars and a hobby that is a luxury. Not everyone can be the tip of the spear and push the envelope.
Some have paid the price and it comes at a cost, family. Others make enough money where its not a issue. Work hard, deserve it.
Myself, I think Jasons car looks too good to have a Chevy in it. I would just race a Pontiac at a level I can afford. Most do just that but its a free country.
He has the only BBC GTO I give a d@mn about. Put a Pontiac back in and he would have a cool as it gets car IMO.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

$$$.... I don't care who or what brand, the cost to build a lasting high power bracket type motor is not cheap. Even SBC can get costly. (Their advantage is parts availability) Building to run it a pro head's up category is even higher.