Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtofreek View Post
Not to change the subject, but speaking of Paypal and E-bay, they both got me for a combined $1590. Seems someone who pays for something they bid on can just ask for their money back and in my case, they gave the money back but then wouldn't credit me the fees they charged me for the transaction. I will never deal with them again. Seems to me they give sellers no protection at all against fraudulant bidders. Users beware!
Not to change the subject but................ Works the same way with credit cards. I lost over $3,500 on 2 tranactions because they returned the money without hearing my side. My only recourse after that was court action but not worth the expense as i already incurred losses. My work and action meant nothing as it was their card company, not mine!!!!!!!!

One was a customer dropped off heads to be checked out. Then approved over the phone cost to do the work. Got them done and told him they are ready. 2 weeks go by. Then calls his credit card company and said he never authorized the sale. Contact him and said he never approved it. Phuckin liar as I talked to him. They refunded his money as he didn't have the heads and I did. I was left with a set of heads I could never get my money back out of as they weren't a big mover.

The second transaction was a BBC intake and fogger set up new. And he wanted me to install it. Over the phone again. Told him it was a back order at that time on the fogger. Paid and waited a mnoth and a half till it finally arrived. Called and told him I was getting ready to install it and he said he changed his mind. I told him I already have it, He said he contacted his credit card company to get a refund. Turned kinda ugly at this point. ONE DAY later we receive notice and $2,000 out of my account. So he had to do it before I contacted him. He never called to say he changed his mind, blah, blah, blah. Told them I took to long (he at the time said OK) and never received the product. Explained to them the story and they said as long as he never received the product, not their concern. A$$holes.

So beware as a business, the public can throw it to you any time and any way. And lie about it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Being in business for over 45 years and trying to bend over backwards for people I have a few stories. ;)

Old 12-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Senior Chief

WOW, I`ve met Andy a few times. Hard to believe, this is sad sad sad.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ken, let someone walk out of your shop without paying the bill and see how quickly you get paid. I let a local guy, I woln't mention names, but his initials are ART TURPIN, walked out of here with a Ram Air carburetor we built for him, and never got paid. Got hold of him once before he changed both his contact numbers, said a MO was on it's way.....that was at least 3 months ago!......I have about a dozen other stories just like that one. Bottom line, get paid BEFORE the job leaves the shop.......no exceptions.....Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 12-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Suspended

Never in million years would I accept credit cards in my business. How much are they charging you for that service? Have you ever added it up over the years?

With my business it's instant amnesia. When there electric is down they will do anything to get there power restored, but once its on, they forget about you risking your life connecting up there electricity in the rain or -10 degree weather. I get the agreed price in writing before I even open my tool box....

Can't let a few screwballs get to you though. Entrepreneurship is a wonderful thing. I decided to take off today to buy myself some toys for Christmas......:)

Last edited by PITTSBURGH 64; 12-23-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSBURGH 64 View Post
Never in million years would I accept credit cards in my business. How much are they charging you for that service? Have you ever added it up over the years?

With my business it's instant amnesia. When there electric is down they will do anything to get there power restored, but once its on, they forget about you risking your life connecting up there electricity in the rain. I get the agreed price in writing before I even open my tool box....

Can't let a few screwballs get to you though. Entrepreneurship is a wonderful thing. I decided to take off today to buy myself some toys for Christmas......:)

We did an engine for a guy in Vegas. He paid with his credit card when it was done. A month later our account is hit for 370 something dollars. When we questioned it, they told us it was for that credit card purchase. Seems that because he had frequent flyer miles on HIS card, they charged us 3. something % for taking it as payment. What a F*cking crock! It cost us almost $400 so he can get some free air mileage. Sure makes on not want to take credit cards. Oh, but they say, that's the cost of doing business. No it's not. It's just a rip off. Credit card companies and those handling the transactions always find a way to scam more money out of you. If you ask me, a credit card is a convenience for the card holder. Those conveniences should cost the card holder, not the merchant that is trying to help them out by taking the CC in the first place. Typical, the system just makes it harder and harder for the small business man to stay in business!

520-409-7236
Koerner Racing Engines
You killed it, We build it!
520-294-5758

64 GTO, under re-construction, 412 CID, also under construction.
87 S-10 Pickup, 321,000 miles
99Monte Carlo, 293,000 miles
86 Bronco, 218,000 miles
Old 12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's why they have so many " Visa " commercial's. They make it on both sides....

What I do here, Is I have 2 accn'ts. One the charges go straight into it, then I transfer online to another accn't. If I get a bad deal, and if I have time, I dump that accn't.

I got burned here once on a stolen CC.
And your right, that extra fee for " premium " cards IE: Airline miles etc, is pure theft in my book. Ever wonder why so many places offer these?
Credit Card company's will throw you under a bus in a heartbeat.

P.S, Johnny, I am sorry you got ripped off and thanks for warning us.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I dunno...I cringe when someone brings out their checkbook...But I'm relieved when I see the card.

I've been burned by more checks than cards so far.....

Old 12-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Back to the topic

Guys,

I think the topic here was Andy is ripping off people, not the other way around. I understand what owning your own business is like, I have one. The point being made here is that Andy is taking money and not delivering. I am also one of the victims. I gave Andy $3710.00 back in June to start a pair of 465 cfm CV-1's and have received nothing but bull***** from him. I would like to move forward with my build, but it is difficult to eat that kind of cash and proceed. I put a call into the Upland CA PD and they have yet to get back to me. Another guy from PZ went to Andy's yesterday with the Upland PD and finally got his car that he paid for. I guess Andy was a little shocked that someone showed up with police. Wish I was there. Andy might be really talented but he has NO business sense or morals, so buyer beware.

Thanks

Brian

Old 12-24-2008, 11:38 AM

Yeah its about Andy. The story in my case was that i bought a complete 494 stroker kit with roller camshaft and the neccesay valve springs.retainers and so on that matched the camshaft. Got the kit after many months had passed on....
I am still waiting on the valve springs and retainers for the kit ( bought it back in february)

The fun part in this case was that I actually planned to buy 10 stroker kits from him, but I would like to check one out first, I never told him that :-)

So who screwed who?

Well I am going to get my parts from him.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This is too bad. A lot of people have talent but no business being in business.. I wonder if his former boss taught him how to run a business.:rolleyes: I was in business for 12-13 years myself. I was given some advice from a good friend. He told me " Never spend customer's money that's not yours and always keep up with Uncle Sam's taxes ".
Meaning the profit is all you spend on yourself ALWAYS !!
It was tempting at times but I stood by friends advice and I still have the respect of my old customers since going out of business due to mental laspe (stupity) during a divorce !
Johnny I hope you and others get satisfaction...
You sure don't deserve this...

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 12-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roar View Post
Yeah its about Andy. The story in my case was that i bought a complete 494 stroker kit with roller camshaft and the neccesay valve springs.retainers and so on that matched the camshaft. Got the kit after many months had passed on....
I am still waiting on the valve springs and retainers for the kit ( bought it back in february)

The fun part in this case was that I actually planned to buy 10 stroker kits from him, but I would like to check one out first, I never told him that :-)

So who screwed who?

Well I am going to get my parts from him.
Just what I was talking about in my post Roar.
You take care of your customers and they will take care of you..!!
Trust has to go both ways...

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 12-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Senior Chief

this is a shock! andy is a super nice guy, great to communicate with and the motor he built me is good, no problems, just what i asked for.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Look like Bruce taught him well!!!!

Old 12-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The funny thing is, if you go on to Bruces site,he really gives Andy a slating, I wonder who actually tucked up who! By the way, Bruce states that Andy is Welsh, not so, he's English, I'm Welsh and Andy lived across the border from me. Just a little point that annoyed me!

Old 12-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The credit card thing is a real shame. I've got a shop north of Baltimore restoring my 65 GTO - good guys to deal with but I always thought it was kind of a PITA they didn't take credit cards. Now I understand ...

Old 12-25-2008, 01:15 AM

I waited four months for a 406 shortblock that never came. The day Andy got a wake-up call from his bank refunding my $2750 he called me up claiming the engine was done. He was easy to get on the phone until the point that I paid him. After that, I had a real hard time getting ahold of him. Even my emails took a couple weeks to get a response. This was from last November to April. I hate airing out laundry in public, so I didn't. I can see a pattern now, though. :rolleyes:

'05 Springer Classic
'07 Solstice GXP, wife's car
Old 12-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Heads came today

I just posted this on PZ.

The FEDEX man was just here and dropped off the heads. Attached are some pics, I only pulled one out at the moment from the eyes they look good. I will take them by the machine shop the first of the year when they open back up.

Assuming they check out well, my dispute with Mr. Mitchell will be over. I'm disappointed I had to go the hardball route but am pleased my issue is resolved.

It is my sincerest hopes and wishes that he will make right any other outstanding business transactions with his other customers.

No doubt the man is a talented machinist and engine builder. I hope he gets his business priorities in order and resolves his remaining issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2854.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	152653   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2855.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	152654   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2856.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	152655  

1980 Formula 350 Pontiac back burner project
1972 LeMans 350 Pontiac
Old 01-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My first rule of thumb... NEVER deal with people you don't know and have a LONG
history with. I've NEVER been screwed using this approach.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:09 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
... NEVER deal with people you don't know and have a LONG history with...
Umm... was that sarcasm? If not, then it seems to beg the question of "how to start building a long history"...

Old 01-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good point Jack!

520-409-7236
Koerner Racing Engines
You killed it, We build it!
520-294-5758

64 GTO, under re-construction, 412 CID, also under construction.
87 S-10 Pickup, 321,000 miles
99Monte Carlo, 293,000 miles
86 Bronco, 218,000 miles