Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Suspended

Franks has hung up me twice, won,t happen again, i wanted a decant trunk lid, he says 700.00$ Are you kidding im thinking??? I started saying i fill its a little pricey, click , hangs up!! Stay away from him, Eat your parts, Franks, I found a trunk lid for 75.00$ one very small rust spot, your loss is my gain.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:45 AM

I've seen Frank in action at the Pomona Swap Meet. I didn't like his arrogant attitude with customers, so I chose to move on. I'll never buy Pontiac parts from a guy like that. Lets face it, Frank wants to sell parts to people who think he's shrewd, people who wouldn't have the nerve of haggling on prices, people who realize his bad attitude is due to dealing with idiots 80% of the time and it just rubs off, and people who are willing to just deal with parts that are misrepresented....It's amazing to me guys like that stay in business!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Senior Chief

Default Just the Luck of the draw?

Over the past year, I delt with Frank twice. Both times involved small parts, but other than being pricy, I have no complaints.

After seeing all the negative posts, I was reluctant to deal with him.

I just received a dash segment from him that I was trying to locate for about 6 weeks.

He had the part and sent it out as promised.

I did learn not to question the price from earlier posts.

I quess "if you want to dance, you have to pay the piper".

:drum::old:

Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I should let everyone know that Frank eventually made it right. He refunded an agreed upon amount after I disputed the transaction. Almost had to take it arbitration, but a 3rd party, Bill Merrick (great guy if you don't already know him) stepped in and sort of 'mediated'.

I never had a problem with the price of what he charges for parts....... My issue was how he handled a problem that clearly was not mine. Frank's arrogant and "holier than thou" attitude through the whole ordeal made it so that I won't ever deal with nor recommend him again.

The real test of customer service is how a situation is handled if/when there's a problem. It's kind of like car insurance....you never know how good/bad it is until you have a claim.

Frank needs help in the people skills department.

BTW, the argument that he deals with idiots all day long, therefore his attitude 'is what it is' is bull****. I deal with a percentage all day long in my job too (OM of a busy dental office) and if I developed an arrogant attitude because of my clientele (sp?) we would eventually no longer have a patient base that supported us.

Last edited by 67 Lamnas; 10-20-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: mis-spelling, and addition.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:47 PM

I agree with the above post from 67 Lamnas. Even though Frank eventually made the transaction right...It almost took arbitration and a third party before he would correct the problem.
It still sounds to me that the average guy who buys a part that is misrepresented by Frank is going to get a healthy dose of his arrogant attitude when that guy asks for Frank to make it right.
Also, rlfonad wrote, "I did learn not to question the price from earlier posts"....Why is questioning or haggling prices such a sin? Frank sells used car parts, and sometimes sells them at swap meets. Haggling is part of the game. If he's firm on his prices, that's all he has to say, without being an arrogant, rude, A$$!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I buy from him pretty regularly:

The good:
Always seems to have what I need,
great website, nice clear photos
Choice parts, that nice clean SW desert stuff
everything I have bought was reasonably priced
everything shipped fast and very well packaged

The not so good:
he has his days, its best not to speak to him then

I have to give a good example, restoring a 69 bonneville, nice rust free car but sitting for 30 years so inside of gas tank was corroded and inch deep in gunk, sender junk. No one repops these tanks and senders are tough as hell to find. He had a 69 Bonne tank and sender for $250, had it two days later and it was mint, inside looked NOs and outside looks exactly like the one that came off my car; nice desert patina.

He saved my skin after a 6 month search, I know we should demand friendly service but damn he always has the goods.

Just my 2 cents

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)
Old 11-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I found a part I was looking for on his site last year and emailed him about it. He said give him a call if interested. I called, the first thing out of his mouth was "I'm busy, what do you want?" As I began to tell him, he hung up on me. Didn't get in two words. I emailed him back and told him to eff himself.
Hope he chokes on all his parts.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to poison heart

There is no need for that. That's ridiculous. There are other people and other places to buy parts from.

1959 Star Chief 4 Dr HT dual quad 389 4 speed
1962 Pontiac Plain Jane Catalina

http://pontiac-59.com/
Old 11-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mviker View Post
I found a part I was looking for on his site last year and emailed him about it. He said give him a call if interested. I called, the first thing out of his mouth was "I'm busy, what do you want?" As I began to tell him, he hung up on me. Didn't get in two words. I emailed him back and told him to eff himself.
Hope he chokes on all his parts.
wow that's just down right RUDE, amazing he's able to keep the business going

Old 11-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've tried to be the total opposite. I make my living working on the cars and sell parts to suppliment the income. If someone calls me looking for stuff I try to go out of my way to get what they want and make clearly sure it is what they are looking for and its described accurately. I'm trying to get a good reputation, not the picture that is being painted of this guy. For example, I had a guy drive an hour and a half yesterday to come look at some '77-'81 T/A shaker hoods I had. 2 I didn't care to sell but one I was wanting to keep and use on my car. He really wanted the one I wanted to keep so I let him have it. He left happy and he has some parts I can use on one of my cars. I don't know what people don't understand you have to build relationships with people. That is what keeps them coming back and they help you out. Half of my customers have become friends of mine and they call me all the time with good stuff they have found. Being an a$$hole gets you nothing but ulcers and a bad rep.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Senior Chief

Default Franks ----

Is this the same one in Texas ? because that Frank was great every time I dealt with him....

Old 12-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtopont View Post
Is this the same one in Texas ? because that Frank was great every time I dealt with him....
I don't live in Texas, but I can tell you that if you had a great experience it definitely was not Frank of "Frankspontiacparts.com" infamy.

400 + .020, decked to .005
SD Performance 240+CFM 670 heads
RARE HO/RA manifolds
RARE 2.5" Exhaust (18" Magnaflows)
SD "Stump Puller" HR cam (230/236, 112LSA, 107.5 ICL)
PRW stainless 1.52 roller rockers
Forged TRW slugs
SCAT H-Beam forged rods
Old 12-22-2008, 06:24 PM

Is there another "Frank" that sells parts too ?? I just got a nice email reply about a tail panel from Frank DeLarzelere. Which Frank is that ??

67 GTO...Gulf Turquoise w/Black bench and 4 speed...
Follow the resto in pics here...http://s1357.beta.photobucket.com/us...28454765976114
67 Camaro ss/rs 350
66 Chevelle SS 396
70 Chevelle SS 396
Old 12-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Is there another "Frank" that sells parts too ?? I just got a nice email reply about a tail panel from Frank DeLarzelere. Which Frank is that ??
Doesnt he own Garys GTO Goodies?

Old 12-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

Frank owns Billions and Trillions Inc aka 'Bikerfox'...LOL

Old 12-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Senior Chief

Default Frank - Billions & Trillions

I once sent an email to Frank @ Billions & Trillions regarding a "NOS" 69 endura bumper. It was black in the picture, looked like a new reproduction unit (the ones that need a bunch of work...as much as fixing up an old one...).

I asked if it was NOS original........or NOS reproduction that has been sitting around.....no reply....no reply couple times....

Old 12-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The 2 Frank's and Gary must have went to the same school of customer service and never attended class.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacmuscle View Post
Doesnt he own Garys GTO Goodies?
No, that's Gary Renn.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Senior Chief

I've dealt with Frank years ago, bought items over the phone with him. He would talk to me while he was walking around his place looking at the parts, Describtion as to quality was always good. Packaging was always good, delv. quick. I did notice a bit of attitude so I know when not to push things, I always paid what he asked.

When visiting my brother in San Diego I went to Franks to pick up a fender and some other large parts instead of shipping them back. I call before I stop in, he says do you know where I am, I says yup,. After all I have his address, I can find it. So I find the place, Go to the house and knock and no answer. He's expecting us, so I start looking around the side, in the garage. He has his parts on a hill above his house, must of heard us come up. He comes down to the house, he was not in a good mood, bitches about bothering his wife. Says "I thought you knew where to come". Was a mis-understanding. I apologized and he took us up to look at the parts. was OK after that, chatted some, enjoyed it. I bought some parts for a wagon, not highly desirable stuff I'll bet. I mean after all how many passerenger side front doors does he have a call for from a '65 Tempest 4 door?. So the price was very good and the door was Excellent.
I guess if I needed something I'd try him again, but I know that I have to walk carefully like I'm on eggshells with him.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ive used franks pontiac parts quite a few times, & ive also reffered many people to him....
Ive heard good & bad but ive never had a problem. He had the parts i needed, i DO NOT try to negotiate or badger the quality of parts or service. I just think he gets bombarded with calls, tire kickers & negotiators........ The people who try to negotiate with him or challenge him are the ones left with bad tastes in there mouths and no parts......

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread