Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If there is one of those “must have” parts or cars on EBay, I’ll sometimes just ask the seller if they are planning on ending the auction early. Not to be underhanded, but because I know others are most likely asking him too. Kind of a way to keep the auction going to the end I guess.

The last few cars I listed on EBay, I was bombarded with “end the auction” and “trade me for my Harley” offers.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that guy treated you right by reneging on the deal you'd made, especially when it cost you money.

Rich

Old 03-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower
EBay ID: fat-block
Somewhere in New Jersey

Total deadbeat agreed to by my 67 GTO outside of EBay as long as I would end the auction early. I ended the auction and he backed out and did not pay my $120 listing and final value fees.
I find that most ebayers that offer to buy now off ebay never in fact come through. They are impulse buyers. If someone offers buy it now on my ebay stuff, I will only do so if I have a duplicate and not in fact end the auction on the original item. Even then, I never hear from them again.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here is my list of blocked bidders, people selling junk, people copying your listings (theft of intellectual property, copyright), know-it-alls harassing you through email on your items they know more than you about but know nothing, impulse buyers, people who buy your items and return for no good reason or swap with their junk, return junk and keep your nice items, people stiffing you:

02transamturbo, 1982oneton, 1bigtop, 2way33, 4theboys2, 67blueponcho, 78taman, a1-towing, arffy, bfoster1991, big_blackford, bigorange4x4, bigunde, carrygobringcome, d_sondej, douglaszx11, dq1690, ed_yowell, groutman13, hoosierauctions, instantbiz, instantbiz4you, jakeewing, loud88z, lovettes, madwombatz, marek0493, markalarson, micahhickman, mopinow, mr340mopar, multiple68, nckid4u, nitrouscoupe, partsman4u, pmd39, purduetwinkie, rearsandgears, robertr7562, rtehs, ryansta, rydrdie, sellpros, sevadjian38, sgleach, stacyt99, tadeuszbobek, teighinger, toyspet, truckgirl63, wolfman698, ************@cs.com

Old 03-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If your willing to end an auction early just tell the potential "buyer" that the listing will remain in place until payment is received. I have never been paid before an auction ended. ;) This weeds out the nuts. Be prepared for tons of stupid questions if you put your phone number in an ad especially for a car! I got to the point where I would ask: Did you even read the ad? I hate Ebay but if you actually want to sell something for a decent price I don't see a real alternative. Anything I buy over $100. gets paid for with a Postal Money order sent registered/certified mail that HAS to be signed for. I had one guy after paying for a set of Hooker super comps say he didn't receive my payment. Oh really? I have a card here in front of me with your signature on it and will be talking to the Post office about mail fraud. Oh wait! I have it here right in front of me. Imagine that... ;)

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 03-10-2008, 12:42 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Gregg V- thanks for answering my PM, and confirming that your "rearsandgears" heads-up does NOT refer to the Seneca Falls, NY business run by John Giovannini.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Senior Chief

John,

Outstanding thread idea.:hail: For all who have posted their blocked bidders list, would you recommend that any of us just copy and paste your list into our own list? Some of those names listed have a reason given and some just have the name. I don't really care to take the time to review each of these. Has anyone ever gotten a question from a blocked bidder as to why they are blocked?

Here's my blocked bidder list:

6567mcc, 69bgblck, brb0110, cbrodz, cruiseinbob, enmcarz*n*partz, george631, hopsonst

It's a mixture of bad buyers, sellers, and a couple of real smart a$$es.

Thanks, Terry

Old 06-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Senior Chief

you listed 6567mcc? I have dealt this guy he is a pretty decent shooter it seems

Any insight for future

CURRENT CARS
68 Firbird 400ci convertible
Old 06-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Chief

I have him listed because I won't do business with people that have an attitude like he exhibited to me recently. Most of you probably won't have any problem, especially if you're in the NW. I didn't edit my list so I wouldn't step on anyone's toes, I just posted what I have. If you've dealt with him before with no problem, then I would not put him on your particular list.