Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Help with Cheater in PY forum/ebay - Pontiac Locator/loc8tor

Hi!
I just wanted to ask if anybody ever dealt with an ebay member called loc8tor? He sells various car stuff and also often old Pontiac things.
I bought and a Catalina rear bumper from him in mid November 2006 via ebay and payed for it immediately by Paypal. Unfortunately i have not yet seen anything of it. In December he told me some excuses like bad weather and much to do but by now i start getting nervous...especially since the shipping costs to Germany alone were really quite heavy.
So my question: Does anybody know him and could tell me if he is just unbelievable slow in shipping things or is there a good chance that i have been cheated and will not see my bumper or my money ever again?

Thanks and regards

Helge

Old 02-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't know loc8tor....where is he located ??
Sorry I can't help you...

I have a friend of mine that posts on here and goes by pontiac locator...
He deals in Pontiac parts and is very reliable..

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 02-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

well acordding to ebay feedback he has 9 neg feedback within the last 12 months.i would contact the guy and see if he gives you a answer if not file a copmplaint on ebay.oh yea,hes in waynesboro pa

Old 02-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Helge,
Hopefully your paypal payment went thru your credit card, if so contact your cc imediatlly to find out how long you have to dispute the charges. Some cc's only give you 60-90 days to dispute charges. Do this & I bet you'll hear from him pronto! The least he should do is keep you updated on shipping progress~delivery confirmation #'s.
Good luck!

Old 02-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

did you get any kind of trackin info

Old 02-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just checked his current auctions and here is how his listings read:

FIRST THING I NEED TO DO IS APOLOGIZE, to anyone and everyone who in the last 2 months has won an auction of mine. I have had, and am currently dealing with severe computer issues and I am impaitently awaiting a new PC. I lost alot of information in the process, if you have not recieved your item please call me at 301-667-3047, and I will look at the tracking info I have to see if it has been shipped. If it has not been shipped I will get it shipped asap, but, I will need the item number/description, your bidder ID, Name, Address and means of payment. AGAIN, Im very sorry, and everyone will get there items that they paid for....for those few who took action thru ebay/paypal, and have been reimbursed, Im truly sorry and those parts will be relisted soon. Today, and in the next few days I will try to list a few items in various categories to try and spread my apologies to those who may not view this auction.

You might have a shot at a refund or the part. Good luck Helge71

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 02-03-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Thanks for all the answers

@ GTO JOHN: Very helpful information...that may explain why i did not hear anything and got no answers to my last emails...
I will try to get in contact with him and see what happens...i might get my rear bumper at last.

I keep you posted.

regards

Helge

Old 02-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He's also a member on this board. I believe he was selling a couple of Firebirds, last I recall.
But I don't recall seeing any postings from him in a while. The computer crash may be legit (but I know I could get a replacement if needed within a couple of days, week at the most).

Old 02-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If pontiac locator is Shawn Bingaman, I believe I was burned by him on a $38 part (w/shipping) approx. 5-6 years ago. He was supposedly moving from MD to PA (funny how he lists different phone numbers in his ads). Took my money and I received nothing. I will never forgive or forget.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wonder why a neighbors computer or a public libary couldnt have been used? Sign on its all there.Sales info, messages, paypal info ...everything.

Sorry to hear this.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:40 AM

Default News on loc8tor

Here a quick update:

@ Held for Ransom: Yes, loc8tor is the guy you are talking about...unfortunately in my case we are talking several 100 $$...

But there is still hope:
I finally got an answer after i posted a question on one of his new ebay articles. It seems all my information got lost during his computer problems (for several months...?) but at least the bumper is still there and he promised to send it out soon (may take a while 'cause he is very busy...).
So i hope now that there will be no more excuses and the bumper will really be shipped in due time. I realy do want to start the coming season with a nicer rear bumper...

Regards

Helge

Old 03-15-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Patience required...

Still no bumper...

Even though a very helpful forum member who obviously knows "Loc8tor" helped me to contact him 3 weeks ago and he promised (again) to send out the bumper the next days still nothing happened... It has been 4 months now since i paid for the bumper and the shipping costs and i am still waiting and hoping to get it some day. All the more frustrating as the old car season over here is about to begin and i had planned to start this year with a nice new rear bumper :-(

I just wonder how he can be too busy to ship the goods he already sold when on the other hand he has time enough to put lots of other articles on ebay the whole time...

Sorry if it sounds like whining but i am a bit frustrated by now about how this deal is coming out and seeing that i can not do very much to speed it up...

Helge

Old 03-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If it was me i Think i would be demanding that he just stop with all the Crap and sent me my money back .But thats just me. Good luck i hope it works out for you.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Suspended

I drove to Shawn's (pontiac locator) house about a month ago. I picked up a 70 WT engine with #12 heads, etc. It is barely inside of PA near MD. He's got an ever changing number of parts and cars coming and going. This engine was in a firebird that he sold a yr ago that I was interested in buying back then. I hadn't heard of the problems you guys have experienced until now. I did see that he has neg feedback in his ebay account though.

I have not fired the engine up at all yet. I've already decided to sell it because I won't be needing it afterall. It has antifreeze in it, the oil is clean, and it turns over as it should with no issues. That's my experience--but I was dealing with him in person.

I heard there was a computer crash too.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:24 AM

@ david400

well, i had this idea also and asked for my money back if he has trouble shipping the goods...guess what: no reply....

@ PonchoV8

i wish i could deal with him in person too...but for a quick flight over the Atlantic Ocean i have neither the time nor the money right now:(

Helge

Old 03-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yeah i understand your over the atlantic thing .If you used pay-pal to pay him they have been very good to me settling problems like that .Its easy just file a dispute .I believe you can file one with pay-pal or Ebay .i would that would at least put some presser on him.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Senior Chief

Also keep in mind the shipping time and how he shipped the item. Larger items, and items shipped with basic airmail can take up to three weeks to get to parts of Europe. Sometimes it takes two weeks to get something from Canada and I'm only 10 hrs from the border. I hope you get your item!!!

Mike

Old 03-19-2007, 02:16 AM
Suspended

that guy is peeing on your leg and telling you its raining..

i would start to harass him and his family..

Old 11-08-2007, 07:00 AM

Default Help with Cheater in PY forum/ebay

Hello PY forum users,

Although i am quite reluctant to take this step it is more or less the last straw i have and many users encouraged me via pm to try it here...

The story:

In November 2006 (!) i bought a rear bumper for a '65 Catalina/GP on ebay from ebay member loc8tor, active in this forum under the name Pontiac Locator.

I paid USD 228 for the bumper and USD 622 (!) for the shipping to Germany right after the auction via Paypal. Unfortunately i never received the bumper. The nasty thing is that Shawn/Pontiac Locator kept me quiet with friendly and plausible excuses and promises not to cheat me and regular email contact until all ebay or Paypal deadlines for complaints passed and my chance to get my money back expired. After this he just refused to answer any emails or questions in this forum and also the friendly help to contact him from forum members who know him lead to nothing.

Now i am definitely not willing to just write of the money or the bumper and just file it away under "own stupidity", especially since i have made several great deals with members from this forum or ebay and know that the Pontiac community is generally very thrustworthy. Unfortunately i have no idea what i could reasonably do from this side of the Atlantic to persuade him to either send me my bumper (which looked really nice on the photos) or just paypal me my money back...

So if any reader has any idea what i could do or could help me i would really appreciate it.

Sorry for the long text but i just had to get it out...

Helge

Old 11-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Senior Chief

Have you contacted Pay Pal. they can help with this type of issue, also if you used a credit or Visa bank card with your Pay Pal acct you can contact your card compony and dispute the charge. Be sure to report him to e-bay also. Hope this is of some help.
Walter