Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Senior Chief

Jesus, I would be piddled off if this was happening to me. I`m watching this closely as many many people are. I will be holding off buying a new block from whom ever, until I see the results of this dispute. Again keep us all posted.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn
What blackmail? People coming forward with their bad experiences about a vendor and the reaction of that vendor to the complainant being published seems to me to be open, fair, and above reproach. KRE has full access on this site to explain their side of the dispute. After a week KRE still has chosen not to take advantage of this opportunity. Instead, what we are seeing is you making negative comments against anyone that has a dispute with KRE. Are you KRE mouth piece/spokesperson by proxy? You keep trying to discredit the messengers and disregard the message.

I'm still waiting for Jeff Kauffman's response to my yesterdays email message about part of the problem I discovered with the heads I purchased from him.
Glenn- do us all a favor and run your mouth before talking to Jeff - PLEASE.

Just get it over with, please. Your killing me with suspense on this, I can not wait to hear what you found, but confirm it with the vendor first, Please. ( now I'm being sracastic in case you didn't get it.)

Why would any vendor air thier dirty laundry here when it is between them and the client? Frankly- it's really none of my business.

I've said my peace, I just believe everybody deserves a fair shake. Even Glenn.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think it IS everyones business to know what vendors you can count on if there is a problem. Especially if it has THEIR name on it!! I would most likely never buy an aftermarket block but I do have aftermarket heads and will buy more in the future. It's looking like I will not be in the market for KRE's if this is the type of customer service I can expect if there is a casting problem.

I have looked at other products that they have and thought about buying from them but it's not looking good now. I have not made a final judgement but.......

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 10-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome to the world of high performance. In this industry we have what is called the 90-10 rule. 10% of the products we purchase will fit without issues and 90% WILL NEED to be machined,reconfigured, or modified in some way to work. I am not saying that one block is any better or worse as I have not personally had an MR-1 block to build yet. I can tell you though that like P-DUDE, I to have had issues with the IA II blocks as I have personally built three of them, and have two more to do. Like Ken I have had professional dealings with ALLPONTIAC. Frank at ALLPONTIAC without hesitation remedied my issues (allthough minor) quickly and professionally.

I think that controversy is good for product development. As it will make the strong stronger and weak will fade away. I have seen it many times as I have been in business over 25 years.
Don Johnston
DCI MOTORSPORTS

Old 10-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats
I just checked with my machine shop and they couldn't find any mark near the distributor except a small "I" or "1" about 3/8" long cast into the surface. No TC and no triangle.

Based on concerns expressed about the blocks, I had them sonic check it last week and they found no wall thinner than .307" (the block is bored to 4.330").

I ask again, on what basis did you make the remark about the blocks picked up by Steve Barcak at Norwalk? Like most Pontiac guys, I'm building a race engine on limited funds. I'm trying to put together a bullet-proof combination that I don't have to worry about and that won't split in two at high power levels like my '68 Pontiac factory block did. To that end, I need all the FACTUAL information I can get. Rumors don't cut it. They only add to the fog. If you have verifiable factual information you want to share, I welcome it and I'm sure others do as well. But if you're just passing on rumors or stirring the pot, keep it to yourself.

Jim
Jim,

Brian's block was delivered to Norwalk. KRE was selling blocks at Norwalk. Steve Kaufmann offered Scott a refund if he could resell his useless block. Do the deductive reasoning.

Have your machinist measure the #7 cylinder wall with a caliper through the cast-in water hole in the deck next to the cylinder and see if it's .300". I'd also test its Brinell.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn
Once again my point is - I get agitated when it appears the forums are being used for balckmail rather than to report on an experience.
If you can demonstrate beyond a reasonable doubt how drunkininjun is blackmailing KRE, I'll gladly buy you 50 lbs. of ice cream at Norwalk 2007.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

HAHA brian good one.

Let me clarify- I would prefer a vendor fix a problem without me using the tool of posting a public memo. Meaning- I would hope it doesn't come to the point where you have to threaten public release of this issue to get resolution.

Blackmail may be a strong word.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:00 PM

Ponjon-
You don't seem to understand. As far as Steve kauffman is concerned the issue is resolved. After 2 phone conversations and an agreed upon contract (signed by Steve and myself and dated) He had the block picked up from me and brought to his shop for inspection. He then called me to tell me he did sonic test the bores and got " Similar numbers to mine". Now if he got numbers even remotely close to mine, the block was no good to begin with. His next statement was he spoke to his lawyer and federal law state I had 90 day to claim defects and if I had modified the piece in anyway he did not have to take it back and how did I want to get my block back. It is being picked up today by a trucking company and brought back to me. This is now purelly an issue of service. I will post our little agreement here soon. You can voice your opinions alllllllllll you like. It will not slow me down or crush my commitment to getting the FACTS out to anyone who will listen. None of this is my opinion about the MR-1! These are facts backed up by 3 different machinest and their own measuring devices.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

DnI- if you feel as though all your efforts are exhausted to resolve this then have it.

It also sounds like lawyers have been ivolved......sad ending.

Will it survive in a street application....sounds like no?

I still feel as though it should never have to come to this or the forums should not be used as leverage to get something resolved.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:35 PM

Ponjon

Again, this is not to get a resolution. I have a much bigger and dastardly plan than that and this is the perfect place to start. :D (LOL)

Old 10-19-2006, 04:47 PM

Here is another good board to visit!:D Just trying to help other potential victims.

http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8962/index.cgi

Old 10-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like the Kauffmans too PonJohn, but if something is wrong then it needs to come to the attention of the public as I do not have as much money as I would like to keep buying parts. I have spent enough in the past on worthless parts and have been messed around with by machine shops and suppliers and can not afford to keep buying parts or services that are not up too par.

The thing about this forum is it works both ways. The vendor can come on and air out their side as well. If they do come on then the other members in the community should not attack them and make them feel that no matter what they say it is not going to be right. I hate to see anyones business affected negatively as they are trying to make a living as anyone is. I also dont want to see someone who is having to scrape their hard earned money together to try and make it in an expensive sport get screwed either.

I am not in the market for an aftermarket block now, but within the year I will be with the hopes of building a twin turbo motor. I am not a hardcore racer, but like having my ego stroked when I can drive a high HP car on the street and know that I can beat most of the cars at the cruises.

Robert

Old 10-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk'n Injun
Here is another good board to visit!:D Just trying to help other potential victims.

http://bbs.cartserver.com/bbs/a/8962/index.cgi
Any bets on how long that will stay there?

Old 10-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The quote below is a huge red flag!!!!! What a quality company to throw this in the customer's face..... LOL....looks like KRE shot themselves in the foot on this one. They'll never see any of my cash.....nor any of my friend's. The internet brings power to the people through the written word. Thank God for freedom.....I coulda lost $3K on a crap block.

"His next statement was he spoke to his lawyer and federal law state I had 90 day to claim defects and if I had modified the piece in anyway he did not have to take it back and how did I want to get my block back."

Old 10-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick67bird
The thing about this forum is it works both ways. The vendor can come on and air out their side as well.

Robert
Steve Kaufmann has posted on this board in the past to "air out his side".

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=429514

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=451173

Given Steve's claims of the MR1 not being a "carbon copy" of the IA1, I find it curiously interesting that at least in the case of Scott's block, it measures up comparably to an IA-1 block that KRE sonic checked back in 2000 (see link below).

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=420910

Old 10-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Brian, great links. BTW who is "Frank" in the last link?

Old 10-19-2006, 06:07 PM
On Vacation

drunk'n Injun

Would you be interested in a brand new 10-71 Blower? Stage 4 Alky with bird only, no barrel valve or lines. Asking $2800

Old 10-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
Jim,

Brian's block was delivered to Norwalk. KRE was selling blocks at Norwalk. Steve Kaufmann offered Scott a refund if he could resell his useless block. Do the deductive reasoning.

That's not deductive reasoning, Brian, it's supposition. There's a difference. IF there are problems with a product and IF the vendor won't resolve them, we all would like to know--deserve to know. But you're adding nothing to the debate when you speculate on negative possibilities with nothing to back it up.

Jim

Old 10-19-2006, 06:52 PM

I remember a thread a little while ago that a member posted a complaint about a vendor. That guy responded and made the member look like a moron. Seems pretty interesting that there's been no response in this case.

1968 Lemans
1987 Buick Turbo T
Old 10-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would like to hear both sides, but it sounds like the facts were given in the first post. I am contemplating buying a MR1, but after this exchange of posts, I need to rethink hard on this purchase.

Closed Thread