Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:13 AM
Suspended

I noticed he is advertising....I think(?) in the pontiac section of hemmings motor new

Old 11-10-2006, 08:06 AM
Senior Chief

I've been dealing with Gary for years...before he became an Ebay seller. Early on I had only good things to say about doing business with him. No issues. Gary used to have about a dozen GTO's all either restored or very original. In my opinion, and I don't know this for a fact, but I believe Gary may have hit some hard times trying to support his hobbies because out of nowhere he sold EVERY one of those cars!!! I could see selling the majority of them but wouldn't you at least keep one for yourself?? Anyway, thats when he started doing the Ebay thing.

Here's what I found in my dealings with Gary after he started on ebay. First, his attitude has changed dramatically for the worse. He comes off as if he is the God of GTO parts and we all NEED him and his parts. His prices reflect that too. Makes you wonder what the hell this guy is thinking.The last time I spoke to him, it was an unpleasant conversation revolving around a ridiculously high price he was looking to get for the part I had inquired about. I decided at that time that I would no longer be doing any business with Gary.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It seems he person was a nice guy, had nice parts and prices. He also had a lot of nice toys. Now he sold all his toys, parts are sometimes questionalble, and has an attitude.
Sounds to me like the classic signs of someone that developed a taste for nose candy, if you know what I mean.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:54 AM

I had no problems with my recent ebay transaction. Items as described and mailed promptly.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ten NEGATIVE feedbacks in the past 12 months says a LOT. I wouldn't do business with him, every single time we've done business with sellers with negative feedback, who didn't take Pay Pal or Credit cards, it has been a bad experience......Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 11-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some people get tired of dealing with the public and some people get mean and nasty as they get older. Both apply to GARY's GTOGOODIES.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

I can totally agree with going to the dudes who have the rare parts your looking for but I can see putting up with bad attitudes and abuse to get it. Just my 2 cents......

Old 11-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The parts are scarce enough, and expensive enough to NOT have to deal with any "attitudes" to get them, or to return them, or get a refund when they do not meet the specifications that you were looking for.

We look very closely at feedback from Ebay sellers. Any seller with negative comments, or "private" feedback, we just keep looking.

We also will NOT bid on auctions with "reserve" pricing. We've caught dozens of sellers "boosting" their own auctions. Why not just list the item's starting price as the lowest amount you are comfortable with right from the start? A LOT of sellers tell their "friends" the Reserve price, then you spend a week in a bidding war to find out what they wanted for the item in the first place?........Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 11-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I E=Bay'd once: Was a good deal.
Like BlackJack, I'm ahead of that game.
I don't E-Bay.
I don't Gamble.

Excellent result occur when I go to Swap meets and look, handle, and ask about the part, then a Transaction occurs with no doubt.
1. Norwalk : Complete Round Remote Mirror for $5, & Round Remote mirror PARTS for $20.
2. Trans Kick-Down Switch & Bracket for $5 (a spare).
3. T-3 bulb for $5.

This Gary GTO Goodie Guy would sustain a superb attitude if he had customers bought stuff sight-seen huh. Would be fun again.
Oh, never met the guy.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got an email from someone named "Gary",funny thats mine too,
and his email was GTOGOODIES at AOL.com
I asked if he was a vendor looking for parts.
Heres his quote, I deleted the ph # but can supply to verify if its him.
"I will look you up. I am not a vendor. If I had your telephone number, possibly I could arrange to visit with you this weekend. Please call us at XXX-XXX-XXXX or leave your phone here.

gary"

Old 11-19-2006, 03:49 AM
Suspended

I dont have pay pal specificly because what is said on this website about how useless it is for protecting the interests of sellers and buyers and the fact that service after the sale is nonexistant. that is ifyou have a problem and you pay a fee to use paypal it does not guarentee protection. I'm a little guy and dont accept credit cards either. I got screwed trying to sell an entire Dodge Powerwagon on E-Bay. running engine trans transfercase drive shafts and axles and combat rims. TOP BId was 63 dollars! Because I gave a dam about negative feed back I followed thru with the sale. I felt like I was going to the firing squad. Ha! it ends up some scam artist comes along and claims to be the buyer and buy's the whole lot and takes off with it. I was pretty upset at letting it all go so cheap but was actually happy the buyer got shorted on the deal. I'll never go thru with a sale just for a good rep when I have no control over bidding. 63 dollars for 900 bucks worth of parts!

Old 11-19-2006, 09:20 AM

Pontirag,
Not to bag on you, but why are you happy the buyer got shorted? He followed the rules,and might have had a higher proxy bid that wasn't needed. By starting an auction with a low starting bid and no reserve, you run the risk of being stuck with $63.00 for the winning bid. If you wanted more $, then you should have started the opening bid higher or had a reserve. Don't blame someone else for getting a deal legitimately.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Pontirag
Tell me why Paypal or Ebay is at fault here. Like Scht says, anyone that lists something for less than they are willing to sell it for, without a reserve, only has themselves to blame, not Ebay, not paypal. When the auction ended, ebay sent you a notice, that your item sold, and the name and address of the winning bidder. Ever think of asking for an ID, to make sure the scumbag really was the right guy. You probably will in the future.
I had a guy email me once right after the auction ended . He used a different email address than what ebay gave me. I told him to email me back using the correct address, which he did. You have to watch yourself, no one else will.
Gary

Old 11-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Suspended

Default ram iv judge----sweet

RENSSELAER-----GREG

Old 11-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Suspended

Ebay and pay pal are as responsable as I am primarily due to the fact that they conseal the identity of users which leaves others vunerable to abuse. Second with regards to E-bay they are not user friendly. Also they push pay pal down a user's throat when it is clear that that user or paying bid winner has already selected a method of payment and has gotten to the point where they are trying to contact the other party to conclude the deal. Also as a result of having to wind my way thru thier sight specificly for that perpose i am forcibly directed to review options i have already clearly bypassed in my attempt to contact the other party involved. furthermore the same problem occurs when one attempts to contact them and inform them of fraudulent activity.It may seem to you that it is hard to imagine that they are to some degree at fault but they are. Its about user friendly, customer service and dealing with a guantlett or obstical course when trying to bring to thier attention possible issues of fraud. They dont try to stop it they are just trying to reduce some imaginary statistical number that to them is a measure used to represent fraud that occures. If they are not user friendly, that is, to buyers or sellers and who pays the bills? .

finally here's a statistic that measurably underscores the facts. each person whom i have dealt with thru e-bay regardless what method of payment is involved has always made it a point to identify themselves and a means to contact them independent of any E-bay mechanism. All of those people are people with whom I have had no problems dealing with. In almost every other case where I have had to rely on e-bay to provide the ID, there have been some shenanigans going on and I get Emails from faux eBayers trying to separate me from my money. I've become wiser in two important respects: I dont do Ebay nearly as much and the few times I have I make it a point to contact the other party at least twice by separate means to determine who is authentic and who is not. All of this I do independantly and outside Ebay mediums. I cannot fault ebay for the price i recieved on my stuff but hear's another statistic: that is the only time i ever sold domething on e-bay that did not have a starting price.Its probably the last time I'll do that for a while. My best luck has been selling right here on this website.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have purchased a few things from Gary in the past (3-4 years ago) and the parts were very good. Given the problems people have had with him since, I avoid his auctions like the plague!

Old 11-29-2006, 03:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I spoke to him on the phone two times. Seemed like a nice enough fellow. It was about 5 years ago (when he was selling his cars.)

I've bought a few parts from him since. Good deals. As described. And shipped promptly.

I'm feeling kinda lucky.

I can say this. I owned (still do) a power wheelchair business for 14 years and have dealt with thousands of customers on some high priced items ($5,000 to $50,000) and I can personally attest to the insanity and absolute lying that customers will engage in. It's not alot when considering the % of all the people out there ... it's just that it can wear you down emotionally and believe it or not ... physically.

I'm not defending Gary ... don't know him. But I am saying that dealing with nitpicking people (which car guys are especially pontiakers!) can be demoralizing ("You said good consdition but I expected perfect" and things like that.)

Old 11-29-2006, 03:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default gary's ok

gary's a peach compared to some. i call one guy the parts ****. "no parts for you! ...NEXT!"

Old 11-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

LOL! "Go away - one year, do not come back!"

400 + .020, decked to .005
SD Performance 240+CFM 670 heads
RARE HO/RA manifolds
RARE 2.5" Exhaust (18" Magnaflows)
SD "Stump Puller" HR cam (230/236, 112LSA, 107.5 ICL)
PRW stainless 1.52 roller rockers
Forged TRW slugs
SCAT H-Beam forged rods
Old 11-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i think that he is advertising in hemmings to buy projects or title and tags to "complete our collection"