Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Gary's gtogoodies - thumbs down

I just had a very unpleasant conversation with Gary of Gary's GTOGOODIES. I think he is the rudest person I have ever spoken to in the car hobby. He got offended when I asked him about the condition of one of his parts. He then went off on some tirade about how people are so nasty to him. I will never, ever buy another part from him. People who take their customers for granted will soon run out of customers.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You have to be carefull because a lot of his auctions use file photos. The part your bidding on is not the part in the picture! I'm not saying he doesn't have some nice parts, I would just like a good description & picture of the ACTUAL PART I'm bidding on.

He recently had a right side turn signal filler for a 70 GTO on auction.....but the picture was of a left side filler! :attention

Old 10-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And god forbid you to ask any questions about his parts. Wow, this guy has a major attitude problem. People who get burned-out dealing with the public need to find different careers.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Senior Chief

Gary's Ebay auctions also don't show the Bidder IDs. You will read "User ID kept private."

I've often wondered why a seller would do that? It's a great way to run up the bidding price using a fake bidder's name that nobody can see.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob - Sellers use this tactic for the reason you mentioned and also because they don't want other sellers e-mailing their bidders with lower priced items.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:14 PM

I have purchased products from him. Once when I questioned the product after recieving it, he quickly offered a full refund. While he wasnt friendly at all, he did offer to do the right thing. I'm looking for good parts, not a new friend, so I'm good with him.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Suspended

Deleted, not related to this thread.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is this the place up in Wyoming?

Old 10-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Senior Chief

68 coupe-this wouldnt be a hobby if we all had to be insured and regulated would it?, wow i guess i must just be one of those jerks selling out of my backyard , or garage, at least ive never had a problem with any of the parts that ive sold to anyone on this board, or others for that matter, when it comes to making purchases of used parts on here or elsewhere its a 2 way street, the seller should be honest in thier description and the buyer should ask all questions and hopefully see pics before purchase so as to not get burned,jmoa.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Two items to address here-
1) deals with the purpose of this thread Gary's GTO Goodie- just look at his pictures they all have the same blue background and no matter how far apart you look at his parts they all look great and all look alike. Also he does not take pay pal and/or credit cards, that way you have no recourse through those companies to dispute and get your money back. Bought one part and when he refused my credit card I told him I didn't need the item, threatened negative feedback on e-bay, I told him two could play that game and he went away without any more remarks.

2)68coupe -- who the H*ll pulled your chain????? this thread has nothing to do with you or your pi**ing and moaning from another thread (yes I have read that entire thread). I know no one involved, but anyone with half a brain can see the problem and guess what you see it in the mirror everyday. You need to invoke a five minute rule-----wait 5 minutes after you have a thought before you share it with anyone. DON'T BOTHER WITH A REPLY, AS I REFUSE TO HAVE A BATTLE OF WITS WITH AN UNARMED PERSON.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ken's GTO - I'm not looking for new friends either, I just want to be able to ask some questions before spending top dollar for parts. In my case, he described at item as "excellent chrome", when in fact he had machined off all the chrome and shined up the pot metal, so his ad was deceptive. When I questioned this, he got all upset.

The internet breeds this type of behavior from sellers. If you don't ask the right questions, you'll probably bet burned, so I ask the questions. If the seller won't answer the questions or gets offended, I avoid him and share my experiences with others.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I also heard horror stories. thankfully, the fellas selling on this board so far have been good to me. All these dudes with parts "stores" are for the most part jackwads who think they have the last part you need....i avoid them like the plague...they make this hobby very not fun....

Old 10-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68addict
I also heard horror stories. thankfully, the fellas selling on this board so far have been good to me. All these dudes with parts "stores" are for the most part jackwads who think they have the last part you need....i avoid them like the plague...they make this hobby very not fun....
I totally agree!.....But what the fock is a jackwad?:confused:

Old 10-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Senior Chief

I ordered a radiator support from Gary's. When he removed it from the car he found it to be too damaged/corroded and promptly issued a refund. He was square w/me, no complaints.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Senior Chief

I've been looking for a good rear bumper for my '69 Judge restoration, and the last 2 I bought from re-chromers (core as well) I had to return since the rear of the bumper looked like the surface of the moon with regard to pits, had a bunch of hammer marks, and one even had a patch welded in it and the new chrome was peeling off ! Now, I may be getting a little picky here, but to me, the underside of the car is almost as important as the top side with regard to finish. So, when I saw a re-chrome bumper on Ebay from Gary's gtogoodies, I sent him an e-mail asking him if he could send me a few photos of the back of the bumper, so I could get a better idea of the condition. This was his response:

"I dont have any more photos, but there are no repairs or rust. It is also snowing and I wont be taking any more photos this week.

The bumper was just rechromed two weeks ago. The backside is not polished, but does have the same triple plate chroming dont to the front. It will have imperfections and some minor pitting from the years of riding on a car. But nothing unusual. The backside of the bumper is very difficult and almost impossible to see when installed. We have sold over two hundred rechromed bumpers in the past years on ebay. Only two have been returned for replacement. Both were damaged in shipment.
If you have concerns, do not bid. But you have a money back guarantee that it is a very nice bumper."

gary

First, I didnt need advice on what I can and cant see once the bumper is installed on my own car ! Second, I understand how a bumper is chromed and finished. Third, I cant read his mind to understand what "nothing unusual" really means with regard to pits - we all have different interpetations. Lastly, while he does stand behind his bumper, he really is not willing to accurately answer my question. So, due to my concerns, I will take his advice, and not bid.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Funny I asked him about shipping USPS to Canada . He said and i quote i have many customers in canada and they are willing to wait for shipping from western US. I don't remember asking about time of shipping? Just how he shipped to Canada.........

Old 10-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Gary is "No longer a registered user" on Ebay. Anyone know what happened?
A-body

Old 10-27-2006, 07:41 PM

I SPOKE TO HIM LAST NIGHT. HE SAID SOMEONE HACKED INTO HIS SYSTEM & POSTED ABOUT 40 ITEMS AS HIS.. HE SAID HE'LL BE UP & RUNNING ON EBAY WITHIN THE WEEK

Old 10-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Senior Chief

I hope one of the items listed isn't the headlight switch I just sent the MO for.

Old 10-28-2006, 02:45 PM

Default GTO Goodies

Bought a front left fender from them for my 66 GTO---said they had to "clean it up a bit and weld in a new patch but other then that a good straight piece". After three weeks finally arrived. Had to cut the patch out, do over and clean up some other overlooked rust. Long story short I got what I ordered a front left fender but not in condition described. After some hours invested to correct noted items plus some other fixs we have a good lookin piece now hung and painted. Called Gary to advise situation and to ask for a discount and afforded the curtosy of "if you do not like it return it but no discounts". Like others have noted before me I am not looking for any new pals and Gary's general "old coot" attitude goes a long way of insuring that be the case.