Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Amazing you will try to use Fulper to discredit Kaufman.
You will now have a better than out of the box head since you spent your 250and have better results. Maybe now you will give them credit for designing and putting to market a good head? Maybe now you will make 30 more HP than Cliff does with the same combo as his heads are untouched?
I would like to know how they perform on your car.
My 310 cfm kick ass.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If your going to use flow numbers from Fulper then make sure you compare them to flow numbers on the same bench for his heads. There is a reason that he has never published his own flow numbers. You can PM me for more info if you like.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:24 PM
On Vacation

I thought that the pictures that Bruce provided added a fresh perspective to the issue.....One thing that both Bruce Fulper and Jeff Kauffman have in common, they both claimed that flow numbers aren't all that important, especially when someone calls them on their heads not flowing as advertised or sub-par.

As I said before, the flow numbers from K-heads from my guy and the other independent head shop both as well as the others talked about in this thread seems to backup my assuration that KRE highly overstates their head flows, and if anyone that purchases their heads desires to get the performance that they expected to get in the first place must be willing to spend $250 to $500 additional money to get to that goal.

Seems like the Kauffman's customer service policy is just ignore a problem and the problem will go away....I know I'm not ever going to get any monatary relief for my additional costs due to the KRE's defective product with a half-a$$ed valve job and dirty castings, but I can tell everyone whose interested the type of products and people they are dealing with if they spend their money at Kauffman. I can proudly say that I've personally cost Kauffman several sales of their heads and a MR-1 block. Maybe $10,000 in sales. When you dismiss a customer, ignore his phone calls and emails it always comes back and bites the seller on the a$$. A dissatified, pi$$ed-off customer always ends up costing much more than the few bucks they make from the deal.

As also shown in the MR-1 thread KRE acts of contempt toward the people that purchase their products will have long time negative repercussions.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A Super Stock racer once took his heads to R R E to have them flowed. Numbers were coming up about 40 numbers lower than at his regular head shop.

I also had Bruce flow a set of Bill Foder ported # 62's back around 1992 and they cam up about 35 numbers short of SMS's bench. I think Brucie needs a new vacuum cleaner.

Glen, I forgot to answer you. My Kauffman D's were reamed out a bit and flow just over 320. Now I'm moving to a set of High Ports.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Again you never attempted to see what performance they will give, just looked at them with the attitude they suck. You did not have to spend extra money on them. they would have peerformed to what you expected them to. Now they sghould perform beyond that as you did some additional work. Unless that work hurt them somehow. All I know is my heads look great work awesomely came totally clean and Jeff has been great with his Customer relations towards me. As he has with many others. A flow bench is no grounds to state a product has been misrepresented. Install them and have fun.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:13 PM
On Vacation

Ron H
Nowhere ever have I said that the K-heads suck....my only statement is that THEY DO NOT FLOW AT THE RATE THEY WERE ADVERTISED (not even close). If you recall my head guy, Gregg at Port Flow Development said he likes the bare K-head very much and in many ways are better than the E-head mainly due to they can be used in many more applications that the E-head isn't as good. Mostly in smaller, less hp street engines. I also said that KRE did a half-a$$ed valve job that could have been done by a chimpanzee with about the same quality I would have expected from Pep Boys. You are probably correct in your statement that if I had just bolted them on and ran with them I would have been happy.....my ignorance would have been bliss, but I am probably one of the very few that did examine and check the specs, and found them falling short of those advertised specs. At least now I think that I will be getting the performance that I paid for, and paid for, and paid for. I thought the analogy about buying a 12 oz drink but only getting 8 oz, but saying that's OK because its a very good drink was very much right on the point.

I've posted my emails to Jeff Kauffman at the begainning of this thread and also posted his unresponsive dismissal. His failure to respond to my other email telling him about the problems with his valve job went totally ignored. Maybe these types of responses from KRE seem like good customer service to you, but not to me.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just think Ron H., if you had received the heads you ordered, flowed what they said they would, you would be flying.

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

you did say defective...to bad your seat cutter head porter didn't offer to dyno the heads or have you run some 1/4 mile passes before and after his work to show you that your $250.00 was not just buying him groceries.

Part of the CFM # is advertsing, part is that KRE doesn't want to tell everyone which part, where, and why the cylinder head works so well in it's basic or ported form.

-Rob

WWW.ICTCengines.com

Old 10-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Trust me Ron I am flying. I will be running 11.10's in 6000' DA with these heads in my car. Corrected that's mid 10's.
These heads with a slightly bigger cam will yield me a second faster than the 6x combo you see in my sig.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've seen at least 3 pairs of pretty fast KRE heads.

What I have never seen however, is how much they picked up with no other changes...the owners of said heads have always made other changes at the same time (most notably camshaft changes).

I can say the same for E-heads too, so, what was my point again (LOL)?

Old 10-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Several years ago I sent a set of 6X heads to JBP to be ported. I was told that I would be getting 250 CFM@ 25". I know today most people use 28" as their test pressure but back then some were still using 25". After receiving my heads I was at SD Performance when he had his shop in California. Dave offered to flow the heads for me. He came up about 20 CFM short of what Butler had promised. Mind you Butler had flow sheets that he sent with my heads that indicated 250 approx. at 25" test pressure. I was a little disappointed. Dave suggested that I call Jim and I did. Jim said that he felt that Dave's SF 600 was accurate and very close to his bench in accuracy. Jim told me to send him the heads and he would re-test them. I sent Jim the heads and Jim confirmed that the flow was lower than advertised. Jim apologized for the mistake and told me that he would finish the port job, and after complete send them to SD Performance to verify the flow was correct. Jim also paid for my shipping both directions and paid Dave to retest my heads. This my friend is customer service. I can't over emphasize how important this is. The man admitted his mistake and made everything right and it didn't cost me a penny. Jim told me later that the guy that flowed those heads and made that flow sheet no longer worked at his shop. Now that is what a reputation is made of. The mistake is long forgotten, but the great customer service that I received by that man and his shop I will never forget. Customer service is everything. All these years I never posted the mistake on a message board, why? Because he made it right, no argument no BS just took care of it.

Tim C

Last edited by Tim Corcoran; 10-25-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Why not just ask Car Craft to take one of their 455's and bolt on a set of each heads and test them all back to back stock out of the box and see where they stand?

Old 10-25-2006, 07:11 PM

Guys come on, some of you are giving Glenn a hard time for a really good thing here, even if it comes down on the set of heads you picked for your ride.

Seeing the pics of the heads as they come out of the box all full of shavings and with alot of work needed to be done to them is all I heed to see !

Old 10-25-2006, 07:12 PM
On Vacation

Ron H.....I would be interested to see your reaction when you purchased your set of advertised 310cfm KRE heads, and when you got them they flowed 280 cfm. I really don't think you would be very happy about it. I bet you would contact KRE and voice a complaint, in spite of them improving your cars performance. Then when you are totally dismissed by Jeff Kauffman with a smart a$$ed answer like you don't race flow benches, just cars, that just might piss you off even more.

Of course the K-heads are going to improve anyones performance from going from stock 165 cfm 670 Pontiac head to even a 236 cfm aluminum head....I don't want a head that flows anymore the what KRE advertises, but also don't want any less either.

Firebird400...It's becoming quite obvious that Rob and Ron H are shills for Kauffman Racing. Jeff Kauffman lacks the gonads to step-up and defend his products personally, but instead uses tools like these guys.

Tim, good story. Fact is, had Jeff Kauffman had done likewise (the right thing), I would be singing KRE's praises instead for warning people about them.

Last edited by Glenn; 10-25-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

LMAO - Now Rob and Ron H have a "vested" interest in KRE - I sold my stock to them.......This can not get any better.

Glenn - why can't ROn believe in a product he purchased? You have chased 10k$ worth of business away from KRE and Ron is promoting his results. What's the problem?

This thread and the MR1 thread - I never denied there were or weren't issues, I just had a problem with how both were handled.

Last edited by ponjohn; 10-25-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
I've seen at least 3 pairs of pretty fast KRE heads.

What I have never seen however, is how much they picked up with no other changes...the owners of said heads have always made other changes at the same time (most notably camshaft changes).

I can say the same for E-heads too, so, what was my point again (LOL)?
I am doing just that Brian. I will dyno my car tomorrow and show the results of the direct head swap with no other changes on the same machine I used last month in my sig. I did a pull on Saturday but there was shake problems and my crank pulley broke. I showed 430 RWHP with the cut outs closed.
Tomorrow I hope to see 450 RWHP with everything the same as my 6x combo. Then swap to 1.65 rockers and see the change from there. I am sure I can make 500 RWHP with my combo after a cam swap over the winter. With 18% loss that is 610 Flywheel HP. Right about where a set of 310 cfm flowing heads should be.
My 6x-4 heads were ported based on the dims from a Dave Bischop 6x head that has 245 cfm @ .500 lift. They dynoed at 375 RWHP.

Glenn, I understand that the bench you used to test did not show the same numbers as KRE's does. But this has been gone through many times. Every bench is different. I thought about having mine flowed when I first read your post. But the result would have been different so why bother. I decided to go from the performance direction to show results. If I make x amount of power they have to flow x amount give or take a bit.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

what is ironic on BFs website is, first he states he does not talk flow numbers, then proceeds to talk flow numbers........hehe....

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds
Old 10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am so so glad I did not order a set of KRE dports. After reading the 2 recent threads I have to agree this company has absolutely no ethics, reselling know defective parts that have been conditionally returned. I don't have to assume that they won't make good on casting defects, machining errors etc because I have seen the response here. Very much like the Edelbrook heads which have a great warrenty as long as they are not raced??

"Anybody want to buy my 455 block. It's really a 400 but hey pretend it's from KRE and the posted specs mean nothing." Alan

Old 10-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAY400
I am so so glad I did not order a set of KRE dports. After reading the 2 recent threads I have to agree this company has absolutely no ethics, reselling know defective parts that have been conditionally returned. I don't have to assume that they won't make good on casting defects, machining errors etc because I have seen the response here. Very much like the Edelbrook heads which have a great warrenty as long as they are not raced??

"Anybody want to buy my 455 block. It's really a 400 but hey pretend it's from KRE and the posted specs mean nothing." Alan
It's amazing that you would come to this conclusion. NO WHERE IS IT PROVEN OR CLOSE TO FACTUAL THAT THEY RESOLD A DEFECTIVE PART. There is 2 sides to every story. One you have not heard any of.

You are now slandering a company and to what benefit?

You need to reread the thread so you can get the actual facts from it and not a bunch of BS you decided you wanted to read.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:15 AM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
It's amazing that you would come to this conclusion. NO WHERE IS IT PROVEN OR CLOSE TO FACTUAL THAT THEY RESOLD A DEFECTIVE PART. There is 2 sides to every story. One you have not heard any of.

You are now slandering a company and to what benefit?

You need to reread the thread so you can get the actual facts from it and not a bunch of BS you decided you wanted to read.

That begs for one question Ron.....Why doesn't KRE grow a pair and step up and give their side of the story instead of letting tools like you make denials about matters you have no knowledge about.

Your use of the word slander basically means you are calling me and others liars. That is the true use of the word slander. As far as reselling known defective parts I don't know, but neither do you and that discussion belongs in the MR-1 thread.

Ron H, you keep finding it very convenient to ignore KRE's poor customer service and how they ignore their customers requests for help.

I would suggest anyone that is going to do any business with KRE first get a Dunn and Bradstreet financial business report....that can be very enlightening. Do they pay their bills on time, are they on a COD basis or a 30 day open account with the companies that provide their materials. I don't know, but for $30 it might be worth the cost before sending a large amount of money for parts that won't be delivered within a few weeks.

Alan, I'd go ahead and buy the K-Heads because the design is good, depending on the application. I just would get the bare heads and let someone else prep them for you. From my one time experience with KRE machining skills, they seem just to be interested in getting product out the door, not interested in taking the time to do a good job.....most customers would have not known the difference.