Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Tripwr 1964

No body said you were stupid or crazy, you are an engineer for caterpillar and you are probably great at you job – I am also an engineer and started inline tube to do it better than the rest. We list hundreds of pages of tech support, articles, instructions and picture most of the products we sell nobody has a web page as extensive as ours – this is all the help the customer – learn and understand what they are buying. I know we are not the only company out there compare go on the web sites.

Most of our problem call comes from guys with modifications to cars. Our parts are designed for the original cars with the original components. Many years later these original parts are missing and replaced with something and it causes problems. Headers are a nightmare and we always find out after the fact not when the order is placed. Some of these cars have the wrong radiators, Trans, Engines, rear ends, and the list goes on. We try to help the best we can but our parts are made to fit the original car with the original parts. Not all radiators, trans, master cylinders, boosters are the same although they will fit in the car there are usually the source of the problem. Since it is easy to bend the line or buy a small part rather than buy the correct radiator or master or booster that is what people usually do.

Now your car is a 1964 GTO you have added disc brakes to. 1964 never had disc brakes, so you got some parts from a bunch of different suppliers that did not end up working together. This is not uncommon. You are using a bracket that never came on any production car. It is aftermarket with a valve that is from a 1978 because of the wire lead that plugs into nothing. It is a warning light your car has no prevision for. The booster is also a generic piece and who knows what the master cylinder is since there is so many different ones. They all have the green and blue fittings but the spacing and length change. This all adds up to your problem.

At this point we could make custom lines off your patterns or you could bend the ones to fit they are not that far off. The better solution is to buy all the parts from the same supplier that way you will know that they work together. I have posted 2 pictures from our web page that show the same lines and they are working fine. They are the same ones you bought.

When you called fine lines you just got lucky that there lines fit that particular master cylinder. Luck of the draw. There are 6-8 different disc brake companies all doing the sets a different way mixing parts usually does not work.

Since we are on the topic that setup is not at all the best option for your car unless you have headers and other serious modifications that I do not see. The best kit would be http://www.inlinetube.com/disc%20bra...on/DBK6406.htm
this one. It uses all factory components, booster master, and the block goes in the stock location. The block is broken into front and rear to separate the system and this kit even comes with all the lines that have modifications from the originals – the 2 master cylinder lines. The rest of you old stock lines will hook right up. This kit is 749.00 most likely less than you paid and you had to buy additional pieces.

You went with a very general kit we you have a very specific car. All the disc brake companies offer these general one size fits all kits and do not give you the lines and other hardware because that stuff is very specific. Inline tube is the only company that has specific kits designed for the specific cars. We just stepped into Master powers problem which they refer to us all day long.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=555599

The link you show of the other guys car is a completely different setup from yet another supplier CCP. So it does not help.

It has taken me alot of time to explain all this and it is the necessary homework a customer must do before they buy a product.

I will only be able to improve what is going wrong when the cars are put back together with the right parts.

Pictures from inlinetube.com I am not sure what i am doing hope the pictures show up form the inline tube web site www.inlinetube.com

Thanks hope we can help in the future. John

Old 04-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

your picture was

Old 04-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

mcmc,

I understand what you're saying about mixing and matching parts. It kind of comes with the territory when working/upgrading 40yo cars.
My buddies car was not on any post here. I did e-mail a picture that clearly shows the tubes formed differently.
I measured his MC ports, they were the same as my MPB MC. Therefore, the lines, without the bracket, should fit and they didn't. I asked if he had modified his lines, and he said no. I held them up side be side.... they weren't the same bends (same general shape), but not formed properly. It's not rocket science here.

The kit I received from Finelines fits just fine (including their bracket).

Old 04-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Tim I got into work today and did more looking into this.

This order was placed on 3-17-08 and the order was pulled and shipped on 3-18-08 and you received it on March 20 at 5:18 pm – from what the tracking number said. So it was at your door in a couple of days.

We keep records of every call after the customer places an order so we can follow it through no matter which sales guy you get on the phone under the invoice number is a full record of the conversations. Your first call was on 3-26-08, Six days after the order was received. The invoice states customer called after email was not returned within a couple of hours. He talked with Camaron and the sales manager replied by e-mail. The manager stated he would have to look into it and he would get back to him. The next day 27th tim called saying we suck – we don’t help – and he just wanted to return everything. Camaron offered assistance again calmed him down and told him to loosen everything up to get slack in the entire system and screw the fittings in and adjust the lines if needed. Then he asked very specific questions about the other lines that Cameron could not answer and he told Tim he would ask the tech’s and get back to him tomorrow. Customer replied with and angry email that he is upset with the product and said he is sending it all back. He was then called and given a Return number on the 28th per Marc the sales manager. He was charged no restocking fees and demanded a full refund on shipping that was denied. Credit was made the when the parts came back on 3/31/08.

Those are the facts.
When the lines came back none of the caps were removed from the lines except the 2 master cylinder lines. So you never tried to install anything but the two master cylinder lines. The reason for the master cylinder lines not fitting that I stated yesterday is that we have know idea what the disc brake master cylinder is that came with the kit. There are many gm masters and the spacing changes slightly from master to MC. We make all the lines for master power and they have 18 different sets depending on the master. With out knowing the exact master we sent you the set we make the most for them. That is all we could do. You are right it is not rocket science just tweak them in place and be done no big deal. (same general shape).

I also talked to Rick at Fine lines today and he stated he has the same kits we have one that mounts the valve on the bracket up by the master cylinders for header cars and another that mounts it on the frame for more stock cars. He sent the CCP bracket and lines hoping to have better luck since the master power one did not work. You just got lucky you found the right combo.

Nobody gave you a hard time and the facts show nobody blew you off or was rude, You just did not want to resolve the problem and chose to send the product back and since no resolution was good enough – we decided a return was the best route and someone else could try to help you.

We returned all you money – we worked on the problem caused buying parts from multiple vender differences. We are out hours of time, pulling and packing the order, then restocking it when it came back. The owner of the company worked on it, the sales manager worked on it and the other sales guy Cam worked on it. Fed Ex got the shipping money, inline tube paid for the box and all the time the company spent trying to help you out.

I am sorry we could not make you happy but it is not by lack of effort.

Closed Thread