Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm unsure what to do. I don't want to order from inline tube, but I sent 2 e-mails to both right stuff and inline tube, and inline was the only one that responded to my questions. That said, when I called them they were a real cocky bunch with a total condescending tone. So, I won't do business with them out of principle. It does concern me that Right Stuff hasn't answered my e-mails. Add to that, Classic Tube's website absolutely sucks. I don't know anything about their products (esp. relating to Disc conversions), other than hard tubing. I see a business opportunity here - I could run a business far better than any of these jokers, at least from a sales & mktg, cust svc standpoint.

400 + .020, decked to .005
SD Performance 240+CFM 670 heads
RARE HO/RA manifolds
RARE 2.5" Exhaust (18" Magnaflows)
SD "Stump Puller" HR cam (230/236, 112LSA, 107.5 ICL)
PRW stainless 1.52 roller rockers
Forged TRW slugs
SCAT H-Beam forged rods
Old 10-18-2006, 12:31 PM

Fine Lines is another top quality outfit.
I've had 2 problems with products from them and both times it was
handled profesionally and quickly. 1 was a defect with a stainless tube(had a pinhole) they asked for it back for quality control. And the other involved a tube that I had to ship them the original so they could put it into their programming.
They get all my automotive plumbing business now

96 SS Impala
05 Ram Daytona
Old 10-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm glad I read this thread as I was just about to order brake and fuel lines for a '70 Formula and a '73 TA. Looks like I won't be buying anything from Inline Tube!!!

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 10-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatracer
Now once in a while a mistake may happen with any company,
Once in awhile? From what I've read in this thread, it appears to be more than once in awhile. It helps when you call with exact details with your car, and take the time to send them a half dozen digital pics detailing the poor fit of the part...then when you follow up with calls and asking if they can help and get nothing. I spoke to them on 3 occasions and they acted as if they hadn't the slightest idea how to help me come up with reasonable solution to the parts not fitting correctly. Next time I have $300 laying around I'll just flush it down the toilet...not much difference between doing that and giving it to Inline Tube.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I just placed my order with Right Stuff Detailing. After a conversation with "Bear" there, I knew exactly what I needed and the best course of action to take. Inline Tube was too cocky, and tried to sell me stuff I didn't really need - either out of ignorance or greed. We'll see how the Right Stuff turns out...

400 + .020, decked to .005
SD Performance 240+CFM 670 heads
RARE HO/RA manifolds
RARE 2.5" Exhaust (18" Magnaflows)
SD "Stump Puller" HR cam (230/236, 112LSA, 107.5 ICL)
PRW stainless 1.52 roller rockers
Forged TRW slugs
SCAT H-Beam forged rods
Old 10-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Senior Chief

bought all new brake lines for my car a 1 yr ago,had no problem ,the guy on the phone knew everything I needed and wanted.seemed very interested.
everything came undamaged and perfect fit,
my buddy with a Chevy Nova recommend them and had great luck with them also ..
I guess I got lucky ,

Old 11-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I took my old lines to "The Right Stuff" & Doug who works there made me all new lines for my '63 Lemans. They really care about doing things right the first time! We had to do some tweaking on a couple of my new lines because I changed my car over from 4-wheel drum, stock, to front discs. He also made me a brand new steel Vacuum pipe that runs from the intake manifold all the way back to the transaxle. (This is what helps time the car as to when it will shift from low to high on a 2 speed automatic transaxle.) The 1/4" pipe for cars with a 4 cyl engine is shaped different in the engine compartment than the one they used on the 326 2bbl V8 cars. He has an original, perfect pattern for both types, in house now.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've bought lines from them for two of my cars and never had a problem. I've even had custom lines made by making them a pattern and giving it to them. Those lines came out sweet too. Oh well I guess I'm just the lucky one. Thanks, Bryan

Old 11-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My experience with Inline Tube was exactly the same as Vidguy's.

My father bought my '72 Formula brand new back in the day. I bought it from him in '86 and began the restoration on it in '97. It was probably in '98 or '99 that I ordered all stainless brake and fuel lines for it from Inline Tube. Most everything fit okay except for the coiled lines from the prop. valve to the front brakes. Neither side fit right. When I called to inquire if I'd received the wrong part I was told that all their lines are bent on CNC equipment so there must be something wrong or different about my car. Funny, but I'd taken the original GM lines off and tried replacing them with their lines which didn't fit. Since they were unwilling to even consider helping me out I did two things: First, I made their lines fit by re-bending them, and second I swore they'd never see another cent of my money nor would I ever recommend them to anyone.

Everyone makes mistakes, it's how they handle the mistakes later on that distinguishes the good ones from the bad. If the owners of Inline can't take the time to train their employees in the meaning of good service, and if they are so arrogant themselves that they can't believe they might be wrong once in awhile, then I don't have time to deal with them.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Suspended

Inline Tube bangs another customer.

http://72.22.90.30/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=349016#349016

Old 05-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just had teriffic experience with Inline. I called him, told him I needed custom lines bent 1.5 inches shorter than OEM, told me 2 weeks, same price as the over the counter items. I had the parts in 5 days.

John

Old 05-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've dealt with inline tube also and did not feel like a valued customer when I had a problem. There answer was, I can't take any more time to deal with your problem because the profit I made off you is already gone. What? They should correct the problem regardless of the amount of profit from the sale.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:51 PM

Default inline tube NOT

Have to echo the stories told above. They made the mistake, sent me the wrong lines, then blamed me. This was a few years ago and I spoke to both of the owners, not the underlings. Hung up the phone on me several times and had MASSIVE attitude problem. Totally unwilling to work with me to resolve THEIR F*UP as it was all their way or no way. Rude and abusive. End the end I was out $200...

Interesting to note that most if not all of the positives given to INLINE TUBE on this and other boards appear to emminate from the Michigan area, where INLINE TUBE is located....hmm..........methinks I smell a RAT............

I will say that the quality of the product they sent me appeared ok but I had no chance to use it as they sent me the wrong tubes and they would not fit.....So if you are lucky and they send you the correct parts in the first place you might make out alright............but dont expect anything remotely resembling customer service from them if anything goes wrong...

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!:(

Old 12-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep.......they tried to blame me, too......for incorrect trans lines for a '70 GTO.....they were about 8-10" too long......it was like pulling teeth trying to get them to realize that they might have possibly made an error.....and I work in a dental office...........

Old 12-12-2007, 09:15 PM

I agree. I was told the same thing from them. Figuring they were local I would use them. I purchased a gas tank from them for my 69 GTO. Had it installed in my car and the the fuel guage would only go down to 1/2 full. Turns out it had a baffle in it. It's for a 1970 GTO. The shop working on my car calls them and Inline asks do you still have the box it came in? They give the shop the run around so, the shop calls Quantas the gas tank manufacturer and they tell him it's a 1970 GTO tank. When I took my car to the 2005 Woodward Tiger Show I asked him about it. His answer was basically everytime there is a problem with a part they blame me for it. Unbelievable! I'm from Michigan and there are a few other people I know who wouldn't use them again for the same reasons listed above. Stay away!

Old 12-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hmm... I guess I feel pretty lucky then. I bought all the stainless lines for my 69 TA from In-Line Tube about seven years ago. The primary fuel line didn't match the originals so I took and sent comparison pictures and measurements of the originals along side theirs. They sent me a correct line a week later.

With all lines, I had to tweak the bends in some places but I expected that and I'm happy with the quality.

My only beef with them was regarding the 69 Firebird chassis detailing decals that they sell. I asked them to make a set for my car (several part numbers on their sheets don't jive with my cars build configuration). I gave them the part number, picking code info, and a copy of my PHS build sheet. They said they'd get back to me in a few days. Hearing nothing, I called back a couple weeks later and was rather rudely told that they got the info but refused to make them unless I gave them a copy of my chassis broadcast sheet. I don't have one. Bummer!!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Deal with "The Right Stuff". They care about their customers and they let you know it.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I can't help but take a jab at Inline every chance I get. They have no problem taking people's hard earned money, but then "pass the buck" to the customer every time there is a problem. Jerks!

Old 12-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have trans, brake and fuel lines from Inline Tube on my '68. Every line fit well, save for some minor tweaking. I've had no problems with their product or service.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess what really sucks is that they have the ability to make good stuff. But it's brake lines, not anything unique or special, and there are other people out there doing the same thing. What stratifies the companies that make these parts is customer service. I spend my $$$ where I can trust the service. Wouldn't you?

Closed Thread