Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 11:48 PM

Bryan kept screwing around with straigt answers about the car--I found the engine the day before trying to final the deal on the car but someone else had told the engine owner that they had put a check in the mail to him for the engine--by the time I was able to get a straight answer about the car and then finding out that Bryan did not own the car and the car was in Ohio and I needed to deal with someone else--the guy that owned the engine got the check from the guy that sent it in the mail--without all the BSing around I could have made a bank transfer, which the guy would have let me do--But I didn't want the engine without the car---I explained this to Bryan very clearly as he was playing his daddy wants more gameand would talk to daddy sometime latter in the day--that is when I told Bryan to get daddy on the phone and give him my final offer after he jacked the price up on me. By the time all the bull sh*ttin around got finished engine was gone---and Then after all that I find out from Baron that he owns the car and I have to deal with him on the sale and the car is in Ohio------Now does it make since and why I'm pissed---By the way Bryan had kept changing averything for 2 or 3 days before that.

Last edited by 66 GOAT; 04-11-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I was hoping that somebody would have taken the buy it now option I had by this point, but it appears that is no longer avaliable. AS WITH ALL MY AUCTIONS, I HAVE A NO RESERVE TO SHOW YOU I AM SERIOUS ABOUT SELLING YOU A GOOD QUALITY PRODUCT. However, I cannot simply give away these parts either. AT THE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM I WILL ONLY TAKE 150.00 as is stands, either here at auction or from the highest bidder. If the auction does not go up to this point or the buyer does not pay the minimum amount, I am going to relist with a reserve.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I have to make some money off of what I sell as well. Thanks, Bryan"
Somebody should report him to eBay for fee avoidance. They don't look too kindly on that.

Looking at his feedback you can see he's nowhere near as as honest as he claims to be...
Reply by bryansgtogarage: my engine blew a rod and I had to use this one after the sale was completed

Old 04-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

66, How are you out any money if you did not spend any?

I understand being mad at not getting the date code right engine. Yes, he jerked you around, but you never laid out $2,600.00
How much did you ACTUALLY lay out of your pocket?
As far as the engine goes, maybe it just wasn't meant to be...

Old 04-12-2006, 08:55 AM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 GOAT
I found the engine the day before trying to final the deal on the car but someone else had told the engine owner that they had put a check in the mail to him for the engine--by the time I was able to get a straight answer about the car and then finding out that Bryan did not own the car and the car was in Ohio and I needed to deal with someone else--the guy that owned the engine got the check from the guy that sent it in the mail--
I kind a agree with TJH. As far as the date coded engine, it looks like you never had a deal struck with the owner because someone already placed a payment on it. If you bank transfered money to the guy, you would have been undercutting a guy that had a check in the mail for the engine. That isn't right either.

Did you incorrectly breakdown the timeline perhaps?

Old 04-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The engine ....Date code correct, is for the car Baron has?
Or another car you have?

Old 04-12-2006, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P
Reply by bryansgtogarage: my engine blew a rod and I had to use this one after the sale was completed
That appears to be a response to a non reserver sale of 400 for $290 on Dec, 18, 2005. Wasn't his engine apart at that time? How do you lose a rod in an engine on a stand?
Looks like the price wasn't right (even though no reserve) so he screwed someone.

WOW, it does not take long to put together a trail of lies, deciets and victims with this clown.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, so you really didn't lose out on the engine. Lke you said, it was technically already gone when you first contacted the seller.
Put it this way- if YOU had been the guy who struck the deal on the engine and immediately put a check in the mail, and then some other guy comes up and snags your deal with cash from under you, then the seller would be the bad guy, and you'd be b!tching up a storm about him, and how he screwed you.
But, since it's YOU that would have been the one with the cash, if the seller had screwed the other guy, that would have been okie-dokie with you?
Look, Bryan is a real piece of work, to be sure. But it really does appear that you have a bit of a double standard going here.
And that really doesn't paint you in a very flattering light...

Old 04-12-2006, 09:38 AM

The engine was for Barons car--which is the same car that I had been dealing with Bryan on except Bryan stated it was his car and in my state 5 hrs away not Ohio--as far as the engine goes, the guy selling the engine had been waiting for the check from the guy for a week and thought the guy was jerking him around--thats why I could have got the engine by wire transfering the money--the guy was getting tired of waiting for the check not knowing if it was realy sent to him or not since it was taking so long---It is true that this HAS NOT COST ME THE $2,000 EXTRA FOR THE ENGINE YET AS I HAVE NOT FOUND ANOTHER YET--BUT I CAN SEE THAT IT PROBABLY WILL--as far as the car being in Ohio--the shipping will be about 600 more--So no the engine has not cost more yet--amount more undetermined--shipping 600 more--time fooling around playing games--lost access to a good date coded engine-- also I should add that the seller had already told the other guy that he would sell it to who ever got the money to him the quickest and he had already been waiting about a week for the check. I don't think that makes me a bad guy, just not sure If the other guy was realy buying the engine and not wanting to take a chance of losing to someone else that might come along--but again I did not want the engine without being done playing Bryans games with the car--as I didn't want to have the money in the engine and not have the car to put it in---I started dealing with Byran on the car days before I found the engine for it but couldn't put the two together because of all the screwing around--I don't think anyone would of done any differently than that--but maybe.

Last edited by 66 GOAT; 04-12-2006 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:55 AM
On Vacation

Engine story makes sense now.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_

'tis the truth

bryan gave me his phone # after he realized how ugly it was getting
plus, with $1,000 shipping, there was no way he could make money on the deal - he was going to lose money

Harold was not a happy camper

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=618281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9KworCMRE
Old 04-12-2006, 10:58 AM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron_
'tis the truth

bryan gave me his phone # after he realized how ugly it was getting
plus, with $1,000 shipping, there was no way he could make money on the deal - he was going to lose money

Harold was not a happy camper
I just wonder how someone doesn't have the intelligence to not have calculated or built shipping cost into the price of a car that is damn near on the other side of the country? Shipping a 3# package across country costs about $15-20. What do you think a 3,600 lb package that has special shipping requirements is going to cost?

Old 04-12-2006, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrektd
I just wonder how someone doesn't have the intelligence to not have calculated or built shipping cost into the price of a car that is damn near on the other side of the country? Shipping a 3# package across country costs about $15-20. What do you think a 3,600 lb package that has special shipping requirements is going to cost?
Please refer to my earlier post re: Bryan's intelligence.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Poor Bryan.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm not sure why you are so worried about finding a correct date coded engine anyway. Unless you get the original motor stamped with the number marked on the PHS docs, you will never have a numbers matching car. Will having a correct dated engine make it worth more? Pontiac engines are readily available.
Gary

Old 04-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

in 1966, they didn't stamp numbers on the block

so a date coded block = 'original' or as close as anyone else would come
late in '67 or 68 is when the VIN stamping started

Old 04-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron_
in 1966, they didn't stamp numbers on the block

so a date coded block = 'original' or as close as anyone else would come
late in '67 or 68 is when the VIN stamping started
Not completely true. While the VIN number was not stamped on the block, the serial number was. The engine serial number is also on the Protect-o plate if you're lucky enough to have it. Thus, you can determine if the engine is indeed the original one to the car if you have the Protecto plate for the earlier models. I have the Protecto plate for my '65 and the serial number on the plate matches the engine.

Lacking this, you can only go by dates to determine if the engine is likely original...

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 04-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

true true - haven't seen a GTO protecto plate in a while and didn't think about that

but no protecto-plate = no way to tell
(and i own the '66 they're talking about - and i don't have the protectoplate for it)

so, a date coded motor was as good as harold could have done

Last edited by baron_; 04-12-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:09 PM

Baron, my 65 GTO has the original block and the vehicle serial number is stamped on the block.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

One of my 67's was a june built car, and it did not have a VIN on it, but it did have a serial no., or engine production number stamped next to the timing cover. That number is listed on the PHS docs. Is it not listed on the 66's? If not, then I guess a date coded engine is as close as you can get.
I did manage to find a correct YZ block for the car I restored. I suppose I could have restamped, but didn't think that was the "right" thing to do.
Gary

Old 04-12-2006, 10:21 PM

Sorry for all the deleted posts, guys.

In all fairness, I removed the posts I felt were just "piling on." Any post with new or informative points in it remain.

If you have additional dealing you would like posted here, please PM a request to me and I will re-open the topic and post it. Otherwise, consider the topic closed.

Thanks-

Kurt

Closed Thread