Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 09:20 AM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprmich
Bryan, haven't done any business with you but this statement puzzles me. Why don't you give him the number and let him take his chances? I would guess there are many here that have approached an old man and his treasure of cars, only to be rebuffed. Seems like a quick fix to simple misunderstanding unless there are other motives. Why, at your age, do you feel like you are the more intelligent negotiator? Appears, from the outside, that you aren't being upfront.
Ray
What a novel idea! Give me number, warn me, and let me go on my own. Then you can say "I warned you", just like others are saying to me for dealing with you bryan.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am confused. Baron is selling the car correct?
Baron is to elderly to deal with?

Is this a different deal, being brokered?

Old 04-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Jensen
Adam....you failed to realize many aspects on my end.

1.) Yes, the car was for sale to you at 6k...but then my dad gave the guy a call while he was at work without my knowledge to get more information, and he said he had slept on my new proposition on a lower price and he said he wouldn't sell any lower than his original 8,500 asking price. Basically my father and myself got him riled up to realize that he had some demand for the car, and he was going to jack up the price. I tried everything I could do on my end to get it back down, but he said for 6k he's rather I walk away and forget I knew it existed.
My bull$'hit detector is twitching. If this were the case, why would you word your email to the board member you were "brokering" the car for in the manner you did? Why wouldn't you tell him "my father stepped in without my knowledge and now the buyer wants full price"? Why would you instead say "my father is now interested in the car" leaving the impression that it is no longer available for sale AFTER you've already closed the deal? A good "broker" would advised the seller they already had a deal. A good "broker" would have told his father he already sold the car and made $600. Or perhaps the "broker" did all of these things and the father decided he wanted the car for himself anyway?

[QUOTE = Bryan Jensen]2.) I would have been more than willing to give you the guy's number. But this guy is an elderly gentleman, and he's difficult to deal with at best. He has a lot of Pontiac cars and parts, but he just doesn't do business with anybody. He can also rip you off really bad. I bought a steering column from this guy yesterday for 50 bucks that he said was all there...and when I got it home 3 hours later I realized he'd sold me one that had been used for parts!!! That, and if you try to buy something from him and he doesn't like what you hear, he'll kick you out. Also, he's very unfriendly. I go over there and buy stuff from him because he has good pontiac stuff, but try to have a conversation with him and it goes nowhere. All he cares about it your pocketbook and once he's got that he wants you out of there. And if he doesn't like you, he won't sell anything to you at all.[/QUOTE]
More twitching from my detector. Sounds like you and this gentleman have alot in common.

[QUOTE = Bryan Jensen]So please answer me this: If I tried to sell you a car for 6k and the price without my control jacked back up to the original 8,500...how in the devil am I going to rip you off??? I've lost money...but I felt sheepish at best because I offered you a 67 gto at 6k when the price was once again back to 8,500. Basically, you and I were in a lose-lose situation. I didn't want a 6k check showing up at my door and not having a car for you in return!!!![/QUOTE}
Man the lifeboats, my detector in into the red. Go back and read my first response to the post. You never notified the buyer that the seller jacked the price up AFTER you already closed the deal, you told him your father was interested in the car now.

[QUOTE = Bryan Jensen]And to answer why I haven't posted?!?!? I've been at my grandparents for the entire weekend, and they do not have a computer. I've only been dumbstruck with this outlandish accusation to myself and my integrity. All I can say is I know I'm an honest person, and that I do honest dealings.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Bryan...my BS detector just broke. You cannot possibly think you're "honest" when you've cut a deal between a buyer and seller, and backed out on it because your father now wants the car. If you were honest, you would have told the buyer on the first email notice to him AFTER the deal was struck about your fathers meddling and teh seller jacking up the price...but you didn't. You didn't because your father wanted the car and was willing to pay more than $6500 for it. Is Daddy going to give you your $600 finders fee? He should. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE = Bryan Jensen]Those headers I tried to sell??? I wanted to get rid of them because my engine builder told me he wanted to go with ERdelbrock e heads. How was I going to use a set of d ports on pontiac e heads. Well, I wasn't. So I offered them up here so I could put them towards the round ports I was going to need. Then he says he'd rather use kauffman's d ports. So I said...ok they're not for sale. Done deal. That was why.

And really, let's stop this here. Mabye I'm immature, mabye I don't know a lot and mabye I have a lot to learn...but everyone has to start somewhere and I'm starting at the best place I know...

Bryan[/QUOTE]
And you're starting off on the wrong foot, that's for certain.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratman

2 different deals from what I gathered. This is better than the Sopranos.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:04 AM
On Vacation

Default Hard keeping all the bad deals in order.

Quote:

Two different cars that Bryan was brokering. Bryan tried brokering Baron's car as well. Baron simply was caught in the middle of it when the deal went sour. It is explained in this thread:
page 1 post #14.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...5&page=1&pp=20

Old 04-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have to ask. You didn't check out the steering column BEFORE you drove off with it?

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 04-10-2006, 10:43 AM

Default What a Web we weave

[QUOTE=Bryan Jensen]Adam....you failed to realize many aspects on my end.

2.) I would have been more than willing to give you the guy's number. But this guy is an elderly gentleman, and he's difficult to deal with at best. He has a lot of Pontiac cars and parts, but he just doesn't do business with anybody. He can also rip you off really bad. I bought a steering column from this guy yesterday for 50 bucks that he said was all there...and when I got it home 3 hours later I realized he'd sold me one that had been used for parts!!! That, and if you try to buy something from him and he doesn't like what you hear, he'll kick you out. Also, he's very unfriendly. I go over there and buy stuff from him because he has good pontiac stuff, but try to have a conversation with him and it goes nowhere. All he cares about it your pocketbook and once he's got that he wants you out of there. And if he doesn't like you, he won't sell anything to you at all.

You didn't look at the column before you bought it? "He can also rip you off reall bad" but "I go over there and buy stuff from him because he has good Pontiac stuff" But "I bought a steering column from this guy yesterday for 50 bucks that he said was all there...and when I got it home 3 hours later I realized he'd sold me one that had been used for parts!!!". Please decide which one of these it is. If this guy really has the parts you claim it is obvious you are trying to work to broker them by not giving anyone the guys #. If anybody pi$$e$ him off he might take his wealth off parts and shut everyone off from them.

So please answer me this: If I tried to sell you a car for 6k and the price without my control jacked back up to the original 8,500...how in the devil am I going to rip you off??? I've lost money...but I felt sheepish at best because I offered you a 67 gto at 6k when the price was once again back to 8,500. Basically, you and I were in a lose-lose situation. I didn't want a 6k check showing up at my door and not having a car for you in return!!!!

You opened the can of worms with your Dad now open up and swallow. You get the good with the bad broker boy.

And to answer why I haven't posted?!?!? I've been at my grandparents for the entire weekend, and they do not have a computer. I've only been dumbstruck with this outlandish accusation to myself and my integrity. All I can say is I know I'm an honest person, and that I do honest dealings.

"I've been at my grandparents for the entire weekend, and they do not have a computer" except when you picked up the steering column.

And really, let's stop this here. Mabye I'm immature, mabye I don't know a lot and mabye I have a lot to learn...but everyone has to start somewhere and I'm starting at the best place I know...

Stop playing dumb. I'm waiting for some board members to step forward & say what a standup guy you are.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreysonWinfieldEsq
I'm waiting for some board members to step forward & say what a standup guy you are.
It surely won't be me!! :mad: :mad:

Old 04-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Dont want to sound picky but I believe the proper term is
"Borkered"
Your welcome

Old 04-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Little prick sells me a piece of crap and has the balls to give me negative feedback for telling him about it. He better go on retreat because he is going to need to get away so someone doesn't kick the $h1t out of him!!

Old 04-10-2006, 11:47 AM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian '74
Little prick sells me a piece of crap and has the balls to give me negative feedback for telling him about it. He better go on retreat because he is going to need to get away so someone doesn't kick the $h1t out of him!!
PecosBill may be interested ;)

(old inside joke) A while back I stood up for bryan when Pecos was calling him out. This is what I get (and deserve).

Old 04-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had no business dealings with Bryan (though I did tell him that his eBay store "woe is me, my dad is sick, I'm only 18, please help" ad was not the way to build a business). After reading some of the interactions others have had, someone should put in a call to the California Dept. of Consumer Affairs (I think he's in CA) to find out if he even has a license to "borker" cars. That'll get him to either clean up (or close up).
Frank

Old 04-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got my hand smacked for calling him out too. I believe what we have here is a real live pathalogical liar. I ALMOST ( but not quite) feel sorry for him. I am beginning to think that he must really believe himself, or just be really really stupid for not having enough sense at this point to just stop.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

:rolleyes: It's amazing how much personal information someone will post on the internet. :rolleyes:

*****Moderator note: Please refrain from dragging PY into this mess by posting a member's personal information. Thank You.

Kurt

Old 04-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok. I guess just really really stupid. I'm done.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:38 PM
On Vacation

I want to point out that I finally posted a thread that recieved 5 star status!

Old 04-10-2006, 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=Bryan Jensen]

Those headers I tried to sell??? I wanted to get rid of them because my engine builder told me he wanted to go with ERdelbrock e heads. How was I going to use a set of d ports on pontiac e heads. Well, I wasn't. So I offered them up here so I could put them towards the round ports I was going to need. Then he says he'd rather use kauffman's d ports. So I said...ok they're not for sale. Done deal. That was why.

You are obviously as intelligent as you are honest (your not so bright). First of all do you think that feeding us another line of crap and the old "I'm young..." line are going to get us to forget about your past transgressions?

You don't get by reading these posts that a lot of us thought you were a crooked blow hard to begin with and you just keep reinforcing this perception every time you post. The headers are a prime example

02-02-06 you post:

"I ended up finding a new-in-box set of ceramic coated hooker super comps off of ebay for 450.00 bucks. I'll shoot some pics, they're awesome!!!"

02-08-06 you are selling for $600 and you say that you paid $600 for them from Summit.

Do you honestly believe that we are too dumb to read other posts? Now you try to explain the issue by saying your engine builder...

Two final questions for you:

1) You got all bent out of shape once when a fellow PYer said he didn't work on his own car, and you flamed him pretty bad. But whenever you post anything it is your engine builder, your body guy... Do you really do any real work on your car?

2) Whenever something goes wrong or you find that you opinion does not agree with our why do you blame your Dad? My dad called the guy with the 67 and the price went up. My dad is forcing me to go with EFI. Etc, etc.

Sit back and think about what people are really saying here. Maybe get your father to read it to you because you obviously are not bright enough to get it. And learn something.

BTW smart guy, are you not the same guy who posted his Mommy's credit card number on the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bryan1.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	49563  

Last edited by Northern Goat; 04-10-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Senior Chief

http://216.178.81.108/forums/showthread.php?t=473785

Funny I don't see anyone jumping all over this :confused2

Old 04-10-2006, 05:00 PM

You guys should leave some info about him on the other post of his where he is trying to sI've got WAYYYYY too much Pontiac stuff I need to get rid of: (mostly 66-67 gto only)ell parts--might help someone else from getting burned

Old 04-10-2006, 05:10 PM

http://216.178.81.108/forums/showthread.php?t=473785

here's the link

Closed Thread