Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Senior Chief

You know i just had this happen on ebay and also paid with a money order , but ebay ask me to fax them a copy of the money order ....long story short i got my money back it was $200.00 but it took 3 months ..

Old 01-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Did E-bay actually refund your money??

Old 01-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Senior Chief

yes they did .. it took months. but they put it in my pay pal account !! i paid by money order when i bought the item ..

Old 02-01-2006, 07:06 PM

Default yup ebay sucks when it comes to fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajunkman
ebay wont do anything, they dont care as long as they got their money. Your best bet is to try and get Bill *tacentral* to make a phone call. That alone might do the trick. When he starts yelling its scary.
I found this out not to long ago in 2 different incidents. In one I paid for an item that was never delivered (why I hate buying from new sellers). When I went to contact ebay I discovered how difficult it was to find the links to complain. That there told me that they are not out to protect you should you become a victim of fraud. I did eventually get a refund through them but I will never have confidence in what they can do for me.

In the second incident apparently the seller violated ebays terms with his auction. Of course ebay pulled the auction and notified me but only after the auction came to an end. Being the fast payer that I am I had sent payment via paypal minutes after the auction ended, ebays notice came a day or two later. Now I had already shelled out about $300 on this auction. Lucky for me the seller was an honest person. He notified me that he would be a bit late with delivery and then notified me when the item was delivered and afterwards to make sure I was happy. I could have really been screwed since ebay notice said that I wouldn't be protected since they (ebay) pulled the auction. Of course I gave them a piece of my mind the way they pulled an auction and notified me after the fact and they never replied or apologized. So I just have to say buyers beware, check feedback, contact seller (not that that means much, they always answer till they got your money then disappear) and with cars or car parts see if someone on the message board is close enough to the seller to see the product and report back to you.

Anyway sorry you got burned and hopefully you get your refund. I can't stand dishonest people.

Allen
allioop108@aol.com

Old 02-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like the crook has struck again!!

Old 02-03-2006, 11:30 AM

RAJ

Is this matter still unresolved? I'm an attorney in Alabama. May not be able to do much, but I'm willing to try. This ones on me. Send me a PM with your contact info so we can talk.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's the latest.

No sir the matter has not been resolved. I sent the wing back to the seller UPS Tracking number 1Z610x020343270097 and UPS says that it was delivered on January 19th. The seller says that she/he never received the package and they refuse to give me a refund unless they receive it.

They suggested that I file a claim with UPS to get my money back from them.

I filed a missing package claim with UPS and they sent the original driver out to find the package. The driver was supposed to have the seller sign a form stating that they did not receive the package. Once that happens, UPS will start the claims process. Even though my package was insured for $1300, I will have to produce proof that the wing was worth $1300 for UPS to consider paying it. UPS will then review my claim and may or may not pay it.
UPS has chosen not to pay 2 other legitimate claims I've had in the past. Bastards!!

This is what I believe happened. The seller needed money for christmas and so they sold the crappy aftermarket wing as an NOS piece. I bought it. They took my money, spent it, got caught selling crap, couldn't afford to refund my money, received the wing and hid it. UPS gets the blame, they get the money and the wing back. I'm waiting to see if the seller tries to sell the wing again.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:42 AM

Default e-Bay shisters

The legal term is "theft by deception" and I just had the same thing happen to me on eBay and paid via PayPal. Neither will do anything about the seller or assist in resolution.

Two people are involved, Gail and Dan McCarthy and they use "superdutyfirebirds" and "ramairsix" on eBay.

Gail Suzanne & Dan McCarthy, 253-735-8679 (ramairsix@aol.com)
1320 26th Street NW, #10
Auburn WA 98001

NOTE: I have decided to post this as a seperate thread to ensure
the sellers are identified and other Pontiac folk do not experiene
this situation.

Last edited by Hard-Timess; 02-06-2006 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Decided to post as seperate thread
Old 02-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Senior Chief

See ebay schisters for more on above post.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like the crook FUQUED another E-bayer. That makes 4 in a row and 5 total. E-bay does nothing and the world goes round.

Man what an eye openning experience this is!!!

Old 02-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

UPS DENIED MY CLAIM ON A DAMAGED PACKAGE. SAID IT WASN'T WRAPPED PROPERLY. YOU CAN APPEAL THEIR FINDING. I DID AND THEY PAID MY CLAIM FOR THE DAMAGED REAR WING. ALL I NEEDED WAS A COPY OF MY E-BAY SALE PAGE ,SHOWING THE ITEM ,IT'S NUMBER, AND THE SELLING PRICE.

Old 02-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Like TA central said there are a group a pontiac people here that we all know each other here in GA and i never heard of this guy either and i'm only 15 mins from carterville,maybe i'll call this guy and see if he has any pontiac item for sale and make a trip up there to see this crook.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I worked for UPS years ago in the claims department and we were instructed to always refuse the first claim. If the claim was disputed then we would look at the size of the customer and refuse it again if they were not very big. If the person was persistant then we would pay the claim. If you insured the part for $1500 then that is what the value is. To prove the value all you have to do is show them the auction and an invoice or the money order for payment. If UPS still refuses you can request mediation.

Robert

Old 02-18-2006, 07:55 AM

I cant believe people kept buying from him after looking at his feedback. What are people just not paying attention or what....

Lucerne 71 gto
Old 03-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I as well have been burned by this guy. I bought a set of 69 Firebird grills that were repops and was told they were NOS. This pile of SH*T need to be taken down and I will do my very best to end his dealings on e-bay. Please help me and inform all of his folks that bid on any new auctions that this guy is a FRAUD!

WARNING FRAUD!

send Vince to bust his knees!

mo

Old 03-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Take this guy DOWN!

We need to take this guy out of the picture and do it NOW!

Old 03-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via ICQ to GOAT72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428RA4
We need to take this guy out of the picture and do it NOW!
I can have some of my scambaitin' pals take him out, but that's all I can tell you. I need his email address and give me an item, or items, he's selling.
Then give them 2-3 days.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Take this durt bag down!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...=firebirdsof69

Here is his ebay user name and e-mail link.,

thanks

mike

Last edited by 428RA4; 03-08-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by se428bandit
Like TA central said there are a group a pontiac people here that we all know each other here in GA and i never heard of this guy either and i'm only 15 mins from carterville,maybe i'll call this guy and see if he has any pontiac item for sale and make a trip up there to see this crook.

I'll ride with you. But my record has been clean for so long. Well, all good things must come to an end.

I like how the jacka$$ replies that the guy tried to send back repro parts for a refund.

Sad but true, as long as ebay gets paid they will do nothing. I think someone there should monitor feedback and after so many you should either be suspended or put under probation. Then block thier IP so they cannot use another name.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 03-08-2006, 11:27 PM

Man I feel for you! I traveled 1200 miles to buy a custome 74 lemans conv.in Florida. Add said runs good, top available. Saw the pics I thought "boy you got a rare find here". Got to FL. only to find engine frozen (350) no tranny and no custome top. Interior was suppused to be white..under the 1/4 inch of green mold maybe it was. Kid selling the car said "I'll ruin your e-bay rep if you don't pay me" Told him to stick the car in his "lower unit".. (I wasen't that nice) and left . Never heard from him again. I have seen the same place put auctions under other ID's BEWARE of "courtesytowing" in Altomonte Springs FL. on e-bay. On the other hand found a nice car a 73 GP on ebay and have been happy ever since...LONG STORY SHORT.. Those who misrepresent on e-bay should have their KNEES REMOVED with a blunt instrument...tHX John H cincy Oh.