Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Help with a Crook in Georgia - Ethan Allison (warriorbirds@yahoo.com)

Hi guys!

Here's the deal. I purchased an NOS wing on E-bay (E-bay item# 4597242163) for $1281 on Dec18. I sent a Money order for $1320 (have reciept) on December 19th. The seller marked payment recieved Dec25. Item took three weeks for wing to arrive and turned out to be a cheap aftermarket piece valued at $200. I contacted seller who said it was real. I then took wing to Pontiac dealer who confirmend wing was not real which confirmed that the add was fraudulent. I contacted the seller and then sent wing back via UPS Tracking number 1Z610x020343270097. UPS says the package was delivered on Jan 19. I tried to contact seller after return but no reply thru e-mail or phone. One time when I called, they picked up then hung up the phone. The phone wasn't hung up all the way. Heard them talking and say that they had no intention of refunding money. Item is over $300 which if no refund is given is a felony in Illinois. Will press legal action if required. My only recourse is to scare him into refunding the money or actually get him in court and sue him in the state of Georgia. Any lawyers in Georgia??

Here's the contact info should someone take it upon themselves to voice their opinion to the seller.

Ethan Allision
14 Bramblewood PL SW
CArtersville GA 30120
Phone (770)500-7934
e-mail: warriorbirds@yahoo.com
e-bay name firebirdsof69

PS I just looked at his feedback and he tried to the same thing with another e-bayer with the username 428RA4

Old 01-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i just called and left a message.hope it helps.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:35 PM

man that pisses me!!!!!

I feel like calling, but I'll just scream and yell!!

Old 01-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Senior Chief

Keep us posted to what this huge pile of dung does.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What really pisses me off is that this guy doesn't care that he screwed me and that he's gone so far as to screw another Pontiac guy in the exact same way!! He's obviously feeling comfortable with this practice and unless stopped will continue.

As for myself, I've given away thousands of dollars in free parts (400's TH400, subframes, misc parts) to guys to help their projects and expected nothing in return. When I sell something and there's a problem, I immediately make it right. I'd rather lose money and make a friend than take money and have anyone pissed off at me. If you need something, then ask and I'll do my best to find it.

Anyways, thanks for your support!! Time to go and spend some time quality time with the kids to take my mind off of this a-hole. I'll keep everyone updated on what happens.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:14 PM

I'd be making a call to the Georgia Attorney General's office on Monday morning. This type of scam is worse than those Romainian bastards.

1968 Lemans
1987 Buick Turbo T
Old 01-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll give him a call in the morning. Cartersville is north of me about a hour and a half. There are some good folks up there and some backwoods folks as well as it is in the foothills of the mountains going into tennesse. I will wait to call him if you want to email some specifics about the deal so I know what I am talking about when he wants to argue with me. It's the least I can do.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 01-29-2006, 08:42 PM

Sorry to hear about this, I'd be pissed to. My advice, don't sweat it, you'll get your money back. Start keeping a log of all the time you waste as well as any additional expenses you incur in trying to get your money back. Call the courthouse in Cartersville and find out what the process is filing a small claims suit. I don't know where you live, but if you can file everything though the mail I would go this route. If you have to file in person, you might want to contact a few local attorneys there and try to find one to file a suit for you. Once you determine which course of action is best for you, email Mr. @$$h0le and lay out everything for him step by step. Tell him the choice is his, either refund your money now or refund your money and all your expenses later. No sense in kicking yourself over this or letting it get to you. Everyone gets ripped off at some point in their life, just the law of averages there. Just consider yourself fortunate in that you know exactly who ripped you off and you have a recourse for getting your money back. It sucks a bit, but not nearly as much as being ripped off by someone and not having a clue as to their identity. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:24 PM

That's all we need is another crook from Georgia screwing people over, I live about a hour from Cartersville, I have never heard of him. We have a small group of Pointiac guys in the metro Atlanta area and he's not in it. But I will keep a look out at the upcoming shows and spread the news. But I hate to to tell you your in a pissing contest with this guy Georgia law will probably not even recognize a claim on what would be considerd a used part. I have sold parts for years in Georgia and have heard of such a clause in the law, never used it but have heard of it. Good luck! I will haul to Cartersville if you wanna get go open a can of "WHOOP ASS" on him.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Senior Chief

Have Hitman will travel. Nice to see were stick`in togeather. Can you imagine 20yrs ago. How the hell could we let people know of rip off dung piles like this guy. The internet is Dam good at informing people of scumbags. Keep us posted.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think it was less then 20 years ago that Al Gore invented the internet? The guy needs a small bat taken at his knees.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:15 PM

I hope you contacted EBAY. But good luck there.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Senior Chief

ebay wont do anything, they dont care as long as they got their money. Your best bet is to try and get Bill *tacentral* to make a phone call. That alone might do the trick. When he starts yelling its scary.

Old 01-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi guys. Yes- I filed a dispute with e-bay but they won't do anything about it. They got their money and because I didn't opt for additional buyer protection or paid for the transaction with Pay-Pal they could care less. E-bay's response was to kindly inform me to contact my local police department and file a report. Then they suggested that I go to www.ifccfbi.gov but the site never comes up. Two days later e-bay sent me a survey and asked how they did. Needless to say, they got an earfull.

The main reason that I posted this is to try and stop someone else from getting screwed (and to make life a little less comfortable for the seller). I too am greatfull that PY has provided this site and that we can use it to warn others about who the lowlife scum is and where they live.

I also turned this issue into squaretrade and they are mediating on my behalf. In the last correspondance from the seller to the mediator (this morning), the seller indicates that he never received the wing from UPS. I know that this is BS because UPS's website says it was delivered on Jan19th. To cover all my bases, I've filed a missing package report with UPS. The UPS claims rep said that UPS has 8 days to find the or they would issue a claim. To get the claim approved, I have to give them proof that the wing is worth the $1300 I insured it for. I've learned first hand that UPS will do anything and everything in their power to avoid paying claims so I'm sure I'm in for a fight with them as well.

Believe me. If I didn't have a wife and kids, I'd be returning from Georgia with a sore stinky foot and my money buy now.

Rob Jackson

Old 01-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You may want to look into the idea of mail fraud. The USPS has lot of of high payed inspectors that would love something to do. You do have to prove intent to defraud..But in the long run attorneys fees @ $250 per hour gets expencive real quick. May not be worth it.

You may have to chock it up as a loss . As a recommendation..Always use a charge card for the purchase and make sure you get an invoice from the seller. Also document shipping via tracking numbers.

Definatley bad Karma for that guy!!

Old 01-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What if you bid $10k on it but retract with 10 seconds to go everytime he list something?

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 01-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I don't think you can retract that soon before auction ends. Good idea though.

Looks like he is out of stuff anyway..more than likely will come back out under another name.

One thing that is odd...he has been a seller for awhile with alot of good feedback... wonder why now the dishonesty? He did the same thing to another guy about some grills. and another that he paid a refund to.

RAJ7395..not to take sides, but what made you think that the item was a repro? Is there any part numbers stamped on it? Having worked in a Pontiac service department, I know first hand how hard it is to find a parts counter guy that remembers the old stuff, let alone the fact that he may have any old catalogs to verify the items authenticity.

Joe

Old 01-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just so happens that the service manager of the local Pontiac dealership is also a member of the local Pontiac club. One of the clubs members has a bone stock 1969 TA and the service manager has worked on it many times. Additionally, my mechanic is an ex-pontiac mechanic who now owns his own shop and was the president of the local pontiac club for many years. Both guys looked at the wing and immediately said that it was a fake. Here's why.

1) The original wing end tips sit about 1/8" above the rear quarters with the deck lid closed. This one sat over 1" above the quarters

2) The bolt holes in the pedastals didn't line up with the holes in the wing so you couldn't physically bolt it together

3) The original wing tips had a mitered end pockets for the rubber end pads to glue into. This one had rounded pockets and would not accept the end pads

4) The original wing was made like a surf board with solid foam inside and fiberglass hard shell. This one was hollow.

5) If you look at an original wing from the back, the wing bowed up slightly in the middle to follow the body lines. This wing was flat as a board alll the way across.

6) No part number or GM stickers anywhere to be found

7) Wing had lots and lots of air bubbles in all the leading edges of the fiberglass. Very very bad job!!

Old 01-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What???? No NASA engineers?? LOL

Anyway..sounds like the jury has spoken..Again sorry to see you or anyone get burned..I have bought and sold on Ebay for over 10 years and only had problems three times. Two with sellers and one buyer that bought an item that was destroyed durring shipment to him. Rather then file for damages through UPS (That were insured for the amount paid for) He promptly shipped them back (Uninsured) leaving no recource to file a claim. He wanted me to refund him anyway for a part that was destroyed and had NO chance for resale. I refused.

The lesson he learned was that he should have reported any damages upon reciept and keep comminications open with me to get him compensated for his expence and the item. He did try to cancel his payment through PayPal, but was denied because he failed to persue UPS as he should have.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to 6tee7goat

I don't see why UPS wouldn't pay you the claim if it doesn't turn up. The proof you need is a receipt for the amount you purchased the merchandise for. Which of course is the copy of the money order you had sent as well as any e-mail invoices or receipts showing the amount due and paid. The only problem is they are usually pretty diligent about finding out where an expensive package went so hopefully the seller continues to plead the 5th. It won't take care of the seller but at least you may re-coup your losses.