Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnova
Judging by SportsCar's post, You hit the nail on the head with that.

P.S.
Thanks for the reminder with the classic screen name, My wife and I got our 15 year old son off World of Warcraft long enough last night to enjoy the "Nights"....he laughed his a$$ off.

:biggerGri Glad i could help. LOL

Old 01-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone else notice that this dealer has really shied away from this thread ever since more of his dis-satisfied (and litigous) customers have appeared?
I grew up not far from where this clown has his business. After seeing all of this, and his classless commentary, I'll be sure to stay clear of him.
And, I'll tell all my friends that still live in/near Pittsburgh to do likewise...
Let's see what we can do about his aforementioned financial stability. He most definitely deserves to be out of business.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJH
Anyone else notice that this dealer has really shied away from this thread ever since more of his dis-satisfied (and litigous) customers have appeared?
I grew up not far from where this clown has his business. After seeing all of this, and his classless commentary, I'll be sure to stay clear of him.
And, I'll tell all my friends that still live in/near Pittsburgh to do likewise...
Let's see what we can do about his aforementioned financial stability. He most definitely deserves to be out of business.
A friend of mine moved down there for about the last year. Just came back. He went to some school down there for flight operations or something. Anyways, he went and had a look at some of the inventory a couple days before he came back and when he got back he told me most of the stuff is really poorly done. Tape and spray jobs.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:08 AM
On Vacation

I've got nothin' positive to add except he's selling a '71 Ranchero GT claiming for it to be a SCJ when they didn't build 'em in '71. All 429s were CJs for the Torino that year. Nice vehicle nonetheless . . .

Old 01-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

About a year and a half ago they started a Motor Dealer Council here where I live. It sets a code of stadards that ALL car dealers (new and used) have to follow. The sales men have to take a two day course ($500.00) to qualify for a licence to sell cars. The dealers have to post a bond to the "council" ($2500.00). If there's a dispute about the purchase they can have the council hear it and if the dealer is found to be guilty of an offence, the council will pay to the customer the amount in dispute and then go after the dealer for the balance. If the dealer doesn't want to pay, guess what, they pull his license. I took a dealer to court last year and won. The guy didn't want to follow the court order. I could have gone the "Motor Dealer" route, but decided to get a bailiff to go down and start towing vehicles. He paid up what he owed plus the bailiffs $600.00 charges. :D

Old 01-05-2006, 01:15 AM

Location: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult In The Motor City

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMSU
I've got nothin' positive to add except he's selling a '71 Ranchero GT claiming for it to be a SCJ when they didn't build 'em in '71. All 429s were CJs for the Torino that year. Nice vehicle nonetheless . . .
It does look nice. Every car on his site I checked out looks nice.....One thing I noticed is they all say the same thing in the description "The body is laser straight and there are no dents, no dings, no waves. I cannot find any body filler." and "Nails you back in the seat when you punch it and spins the tires through 70 MPH with a stab of the throttle!!" or some variation of that statement.

8.5" 10 bolt with Auburn race series posi, 3:73 gears and 4 wheel disc brakes
Looking for the right Ventura for the drivetrain ('73 w/o Sprint nose)
Old 01-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Man, after going thru this thread.........and I am not taking up for the dealer.........you guys that plunk 20k out without looking are asking for a royal scr..ing!

Just remember, DON'T impluse buy! There will always be another GTO, Mopar, or whatever out there..........

I hope everything works out between the parties involved and maybe a lesson is learned on buying expensive toys sight unseen.

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds
Old 01-09-2006, 09:43 PM

Here's what i thought i was buying.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/315407/scan.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...7/scan0002.jpg

Here's what i got.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...lder_id=807557

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...lder_id=795642

PLUS the wrong motor, no working gauges including speedo and a slipping clutch.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Maybe he can't find any body filler, since he put it all under the Macco paint job.

65 Catalina Safari 4DSW
Old 01-09-2006, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASJayhawk
Maybe he can't find any body filler, since he put it all under the Macco paint job.

:bounce:

Oh yah, my perfect no cracked steering wheel? It's not cracked but the black rattle can paint is coming off showing the lovely original green. :-ohwell: :doh:

Last edited by Newbomb Turk; 04-07-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorta like "rust free" means only the holes remain.

65 Catalina Safari 4DSW
Old 01-10-2006, 11:17 AM

Location: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult In The Motor City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk
Here's what i thought i was buying.

Here's what i got.
I hate to say it but a simple "walk around" would of steered you away from that purchase.

8.5" 10 bolt with Auburn race series posi, 3:73 gears and 4 wheel disc brakes
Looking for the right Ventura for the drivetrain ('73 w/o Sprint nose)
Old 01-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

http://sportscargallery.com/

Old 01-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Haven't heard much from Sportscar guy in a while. Think he regrets running that mouth and bragging about how much money he has. Sounds like some of that money might get redistributed.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:30 PM

Here's all the pics from his add. I saved them.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...lder_id=769287

Last edited by Newbomb Turk; 04-07-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow- That car is a real turd.
I love the steel box used to prop up the seat! That is definitely factory original- it was part of a very rare optional seat height adjustment, which was only available through select dealers.
And the underbody rust is in reality a factory Chrysler "swiss cheese" lightweight drag racing track pack option package. Again, this was only available by special order, and then only available through dealers specifically licensed by Chrysler. These were sold from the factory with disclaimers regarding body structural integrity, since the sheetmetal was lightened by so much, that these cars would often break in half under any more power than that offered by a base slant six.
Of course, these cars now have legendary status, and are extremely rare and highly prized by collectors...
You lucky guy, you...

Old 01-10-2006, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJH
Wow- That car is a real turd.
I love the steel box used to prop up the seat! That is definitely factory original- it was part of a very rare optional seat height adjustment, which was only available through select dealers.
And the underbody rust is in reality a factory Chrysler "swiss cheese" lightweight drag racing track pack option package. Again, this was only available by special order, and then only available through dealers specifically licensed by Chrysler. These were sold from the factory with disclaimers regarding body structural integrity, since the sheetmetal was lightened by so much, that these cars would often break in half under any more power than that offered by a base slant six.
Of course, these cars now have legendary status, and are extremely rare and highly prized by collectors...
You lucky guy, you...

LMFAO!!!! :bounce:

Old 01-28-2006, 11:28 AM

Just keeping it on the top for any newbies. The more that read this the better. :)

Old 01-29-2006, 10:49 AM

Any progress on the Legal front?

Old 01-29-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr71transam
Any progress on the Legal front?

This has been ongoing for almost 2 years. I'm hoping for a court date or out of court settlement by this summer.