Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 04-26-2005, 08:50 PM

amen herds....I'd love to bitch-slap this pimp.....call me a lady and I'll take a road trip to show sportsfarce some Jersey Justice.

I can't imagine a bigger fool, thnks for posting. It would be nice to think that some poor soul would be able to avoid similar heartache. The fact the idiot posted showed he reads the boards. Time to create a HAll Of Shame...he can be the first inductee by popular vote!

Old 04-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ummmm...this may not be over. Anyone that knows someone else that has been misrepresented by these people? I would be interested in knowing about them. Cap

Cap & Robin Proffitt-GTOAA PR & Member Recruitment Team
Old 07-04-2005, 09:10 PM

"Ladies?"

I guarantee he would NEVER say this in person to any of us. If he tried it with me he'd spit teeth and fast. He's obviously got some serious issues. Newsflash to Sportcar! word of mouth is THE most important tool in business. Paid ads dont earn you lifetime customers. Just one sale. Then they are gone.

I run my own very succesful business, and have for almost ten years. Though I run a yellow pages ad, that isnt the bulk of my business. Almost ALL of my customers have come to me via referrals. I keep 98% as repeat clients. Why? Becasue I guarantee my work, and stand behind it 100%. If the customer makes a mistake, I soemtimes eat that too, and get the profit back by keeping the customer. See, the whole idea is to KEEP your customers! The key to success in any business endeavor is HAPPY clientele. Retail or wholesale, counter sales or service.

Here is a factoid from the rand Institute. If the customer isnt happy, he tells a min. of ten people. For every one person who complains there are ten who dont. How many could you have brought in had you you used basic diplomacy? Dispute or not? You surely lost at least one or two that were in the queue and who knows how many others. Every time someone "googles" your company name these threads will come up. And you hung your own ass out for all to see. What a nincompoop? How smart are ya now pal? Don't believe me on the google? Try it and see!

You act like a bully. I know from reading these threads you are a liar and a cheat and when you are not face to face, a name caller. I would LOVE to have you say something like this to me or one of my fellow pontiac enthusiasts in person so you cant run. I'd love to test your "manhood" as it were and see if you can take as good as you seem to enjoy giving.

Like I said in a previous post, it's not when things are right that you find out who you are dealing with. It's when things go wrong. Screw one guy, it costs you a LOT more than one customer. It's not the dispute that has me cheesed at him. It's his arrogance and name calling. "Sportcar" I would refrain from insults unless you have the means to defend yourself 24/7. You have made some mighty good people mighty angry and most of us had no grievance with you. Now, it's a different story.

It's VOLUME your needin'!!!

I like to Turn it up to 11...Nigel Tufnel...Spinal Tap
Old 07-05-2005, 01:54 AM

Well i have been reading all these posts and i must say you all got points.But remember something most of these dealers are buying cars off ebay or out of the paper giving it a quick cleanup and trying to get a million dollars for it most dealers dont even know what they are looking at they see musclecar and see $$$$.Now this meatball from the sports gallery sounds like one of these people.And also i dont care what anyone says there is no perfect car at a inexpensive price all cars have problems wether it is completely done or not.I personally have sold over 30 cars mostly gtos and i tell people like this it is what it is and if your not interested someone else will be.I think what this guy is doing is uncool and should be reported to better business maybe they can look into his dealings.I am sorry to see fellow members get taken.And i agree in detail have someone you trust look at car if you cant and never ever buy anything that is a maybe in your mind on any part of the car.The bad part is people like this dealer hurt other honest dealers or sellers because now others will be very skeptical of everything and i know sometimes it seems like man i better get it or it will be gone always remember their will always be other cars.And the only way to make sure your getting truley what you want is to build it yourself or a qualified person you can trust.Just my view.

kenny

Old 07-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

well here are my .02 forget the fact that the guy has no customer service skills he just should never have jumped in and add fuel to the fire, but one big thing has to be remembered is that a deal was made and if the buyer is unhappy with his decision well the seller should not be responssible for the buyer's remorse, but I guess that is the American way "lets not take responsibilities for our actions let the lawers sort it out"

Old 07-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

pro-tour79,

I think the thing that you're missing is that he is mis-representing the cars he sells.

If I were to buy something from someone based on their description of "rust-free", and I received a poorly repaired rust bucket, I would consider that to be fraud.

There is a different level of knowledge you expect from a dealer of collector cars than what you would expect from an individual.

Mike

Old 07-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

in that case I would agree with you , but did the seller know this and wasn't the car looked over by an expert?

Old 08-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well Its not the customers faults here AT ALL! He makes money making false statements. He pockets 2 grand plus evertime he takes a car back. Look earlier in the thread he lost about 5 judgements for MISREPRESENTATION! That shows a pattern and Gives everyone he ripped off a serious paper trail of a pattern. Sure hes finacially stable because No matter what happens with the car hes making good coin. Sure Ill take it back minus 2 grand then the next guy buys it off ebay and another 2 grand is made. Better yet they keep the car and he makes 10's of thousands in profit. SCREW THE DEALERS BUY PRIVATE. We all love our cars and know thier history that can pay off in the long run over a dealer. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS SHIESTER!

Old 01-03-2006, 05:31 PM

Hello, i too have dealt with this dealer and I and another person are currently suing the dealer for fraud and misrepresention. We are making good progress and welcome any others to join us. If any of you would like to contact me feel free and i will put you in contact with our lawyer. If you know of anyone else who has had dealings with this dealer please tell them about me. All my contact info is in my profile.

Thank you, Tim :)

Last edited by Newbomb Turk; 01-03-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Newbomb Turk- I'm the guy that started this thread. I am in the proccess of trying to contact you. I am mucho interested! Cap

Old 01-03-2006, 11:28 PM

Got your PM. I'll call you tomorrow. Things are gonna get interesting from here. :biggerGri :D

Old 01-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Manual hide-a-ways?

Just how does one explain that?

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegstek
Just how does one explain that?

Well, i bought a 1966 Plymouth Satellite. It was supposed to have a 1967 C code 375 horse HP 440. The 1st year of this motor. It has a 1970 440. It was supposed to be rust free with no panel replacement. It has rusty, poorly patched floors and the quarters are patches of sheetmetal and filler. It was supposed to be a turn key ready car. NON of the gauges work and the clutch slips under hard acceleration. I could go on but i think you get the point. And i have ALL this in print. Another guy bought a 1964 Plymouth Belvedere. It was supposed to have the #'S MATCHING 383, it has a 1963 361 and is in worse shape than mine body wise.

Last edited by Newbomb Turk; 01-09-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

newbomb,
i'm just curious.
did you inspect this car firsthand before you bought it?
how about the other guy you mentioned?

david

Old 01-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

NewBomb...please keep us posted. Thanks!

Old 01-04-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6t7gto
newbomb,
i'm just curious.
did you inspect this car firsthand before you bought it?
how about the other guy you mentioned?

david
Does it matter? Fact is he put all these "facts" about these cars IN PRINT. All bold faced lies. And no, i didn't go look and neither did the the guy who bought the 64 Plymouth. Does this make it OK for the dealer to print false statements about the cars? NO. I will readily admit i should have gone to look. I have no problem with that. BUT, i DO have a problem with all the lies he put in print. FACT, my car is supposed to have a 1967 C CODE 440. FACT, it does not. FACT, my car is suppose to be RUST FREE. FACT, it is not. Etc..... People can use the argument all day long that i/we should have gone to look in person. It won't cut the mustard simply because he LIED. And this is the last i will debate about this. That is for the lawyer's and judge's.

P.S. I will do my best to keep you all abreast of the situation.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

newbomb,
thanks for the reply.

david

Old 01-04-2006, 07:37 PM

Location: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult In The Motor City

I'm not minimizing the fact that this place is misrepresenting the vehicles he is selling but I'm amazed at the number of people here who have dealt with this guy didn't look it over before buying.
I bought my Omega for $500. and spent an hour going over it! for $15,000 or more I'd go over it myself AND have a professional third party go over it.
He is in the wrong (in more ways then one) but if I don't see the car first hand, my money doesn't leave my hand.

8.5" 10 bolt with Auburn race series posi, 3:73 gears and 4 wheel disc brakes
Looking for the right Ventura for the drivetrain ('73 w/o Sprint nose)
Old 01-04-2006, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnova
I'm not minimizing the fact that this place is misrepresenting the vehicles he is selling but I'm amazed at the number of people here who have dealt with this guy didn't look it over before buying.
I bought my Omega for $500. and spent an hour going over it! for $15,000 or more I'd go over it myself AND have a professional third party go over it.
He is in the wrong (in more ways then one) but if I don't see the car first hand, my money doesn't leave my hand.
Lesson learned here. I tended to be a very trusting person before all this. Not anymore. I guess i thought someone with a business reputation to think about would be a little more careful. Apparently the almighty $ is more important than a good reputation and being an honest person. Kinda sad. :(

Old 01-04-2006, 09:19 PM

Location: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult In The Motor City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk
Apparently the almighty $ is more important than a good reputation and being an honest person. Kinda sad. :(
Judging by SportsCar's post, You hit the nail on the head with that.

P.S.
Thanks for the reminder with the classic screen name, My wife and I got our 15 year old son off World of Warcraft long enough last night to enjoy the "Nights"....he laughed his a$$ off.

8.5" 10 bolt with Auburn race series posi, 3:73 gears and 4 wheel disc brakes
Looking for the right Ventura for the drivetrain ('73 w/o Sprint nose)