Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Suspended

Default Thanks for the info....

The car that we are putting the motor in is a Beat the Heat car. Beat the Heat is the oldest Law Enforcement anti-street racing program out there. We spend most of our time with the youth in an attempt to educate them on the woes of illegal street racing and illegal drugs/alcohol abuse. We have worked on the car for the past couple of years and have a great platform for some power. Now, we didn't hull out our TA just to make it a little faster, we wanted it to look nice. It has a 4-link rear end, 35 spline axels, 10 point cage, ect. The engine on the other hand was a good street motor around 350-400 hp. That way it looked nice yet was cheaper to maintain. That was until the bottom end came apart and now it is back to the drawing board. I have spoke to several of the "Big Named" builders that several of you have mentioned and they seemed to give me the cold shoulder, almost as if they were not interested because I haven't discovered that money tree yet. I had never heard anything negative about any of the builders before including R&R and he may not have been building anything the times that I talked to him but he treated me better than any of the others.

Who knows?:faint:

Last edited by spinninmywheels; 04-16-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninmywheels
The car that we are putting the motor in is a Beat the Heat car. Beat the Heat is the oldest Law Enforcement anti-street racing program out there. We spend most of our time with the youth in an attempt to educate them on the woes of illegal street racing and illegal drugs/alcohol abuse. We have worked on the car for the past couple of years and have a great platform for some power. Now, we didn't hull out our TA just to make it a little faster, we wanted it to look nice. It has a 4-link rear end, 35 spline axels, 10 point cage, ect. The engine on the other hand was a good street motor around 350-400 hp. That way it looked nice yet was cheaper to maintain. That was until the bottom end came apart and now it is back to the drawing board. I have spoke to several of the "Big Named" builders that several of you have mentioned and they seemed to give me the cold shoulder, almost as if they were not interested because I haven't discovered that money tree yet. I had never heard anything negative about any of the builders before including R&R and he may not have been building anything the times that I talked to him but he treated me better than any of the others.

Who knows?:faint:
Hey Spinnin Wheels! I noticed that you are working on a Beat The Heat car. I have donated some work the past two years for a friend of mines Beat The Heat car here in Tucson. It's a 55 Chevy though, but very cool none the less. I donated engine machine work and Cryo-treatment for that car. I think Beat The Heat is a great program, keep up the good work!:cool:

As far as RRE is concerned, I have e-mailed Bruce on two different occasions asking him questions about his products, looking to buy some things. Both times he went off on some tantrum about Jim Butler Performance. ?:confused: ? I never even mentioned anything about the Butlers or anyone else for that matter but he was hell bent on telling me how he felt about them and never did answer any of the questions I asked him, either time I e-mailed him. The e-mails were a couple years apart also, so I don't know what his problem is. The Butlers must really be cutting into his pocket book! Or so he thinks. Me thinks it's his own reputation doing that! I went and bought the stuff from the Butlers instead!:D

Also, I fixed a set of E-heads that came from him that the intake valves sealed so good on[:rolleyes: ], that the intake runners looked like exhaust ports, all the way to the intake manifold!:gag:

I've said enough.

520-409-7236
Koerner Racing Engines
You killed it, We build it!
520-294-5758

64 GTO, under re-construction, 412 CID, also under construction.
87 S-10 Pickup, 321,000 miles
99Monte Carlo, 293,000 miles
86 Bronco, 218,000 miles
Old 04-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

spinningmywheels...

We have received no request for information from you. We're a whole lot closer than California... Perhaps we should talk.

Jim

www.centralvirginiamachine.com

Old 04-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

P-body will do a great job for you!

69 GTO 11:66@114.17 all balls no bottle
406 d-port iron heads 3700lbs all steel
Old 08-19-2010, 11:04 PM

Default My experience with the afore mentioned person...

Plunged into the car hobby after retiring a couple years ago with the purchase of a 1965 Lemans convertible. I could write a book here but I'll skip to the last chapter. Did everything myself, engine/trans being the last to get tickled. I was in a driveline shop and picked up one of those throw away car magazines and flipped thru it. Saw an ad for "Serious Pontiac Horsepower" and made a note of the website. I was a babe in the woods. Believed it when the guy said he was great. Well, two weeks went to two months went to something like 9 months. I figured out what a fool I was along the way but it was too late. He had my old motor and alot of money. So, I kept on a full court press and got my engine. I was so greatful to get it I didn't yell about the absence of any sort of build sheet or dyno printout. He gave me a litany of lame excuses and I just took my motor and left. It poured oil out of the rear main. Called him. He suggested I beat the pan with a hammer at the rear main. Seriously? Turned out he hadn't touched the crank. Standard bearings. The seal area looked like a plowed field. Had it polished. It cost $40. Several rod bearings were scored. Just what's in this thing? Fast forward some months: We're in small claims court in Riverside County and the judge is a female whose father owned a body shop. She smiled at the 8X11 pictures of the car. The theme from Bruce was "I'm great. Just ask me." Gave me the last word. Took a friend who came late to the party and was my expert witness. Retired naval shipyard maintenance supervisor with a long list of credentials. We ripped him a new one. I won. He ignored the claim. I got busy and never went after him for the money. Later, I joined the local Pontiac car club and when I told the story they said, "OH NO! YOU'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT BRUCE FULPER ARE YOU?!!!!" One guy looked at me and calmly said, "I'm surprised no one's put a cap in him yet." I feel like a fool but looks like I'm not alone.
I've made alot of friends in the hobby over the last two years working on my car and my Chevy truck. I've never had so much fun in my life and most of the people are great. I have friends now that are mechanics (real ones), transmission guys, rear end guys, body and paint guys and tons of other car guys and gals. My wife has been great and has joined in even though I know this really isn't her deal. An embarrassment of riches! What I'd tell a newby is, join the car club FIRST! Get up to speed and then buy a car. Thanks guys. Y'all been really great! Don