Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here's an update on my engine. The oil pump pick up was not fastened properly and fell off. This caused complete bearing failure. I now need a crank, two rods, and of course, a complete overhaul. I notified Bruce and he said he wouldn't spend a dime to get me back on the road/track. We are talking less than 2000 miles. My new machinist said it wasn't line bored ever!!! I gave Bruce Fulper $1800 labor in short block machine work!!! Do not buy or trust this man!!! I spent over $10,000 on a race engine and now I have to double check every inch of his work. Oh Yeah, the man who is handling my edelbrock heads said he does the heads for Bruce's racecars. Bruce I'm sure you have my address I'm home most evenings if you ever want to talk about it.

Old 02-14-2005, 06:10 AM
Senior Chief

I had found an article about this guy before,when I was doing some random net surfing.
Sounds like bad news.
Wonder how long he will keep getting away with this?

Old 02-14-2005, 02:12 PM

Gobrdgo, sorry to hear of your misfortune. I had similiar experiences with Bruce. Your only recourse is to file a complaint with the Bureau of Automotive Repair, in Riverside. They are familiar with Bruce and then let them pursue the complaint, which takes about a year. When it gets to the secondary stage of mediation, you can file a lawsuit. The only agency that could possibly shut Mr. Fulper down is the BAR. If and when you get your judgement, you will be in line behind others. I believe he owns his house, you can file a lien. Good luck.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry about your misfortune .

I have been informed that "speed shops" are not subject to the CA's Bureau of Automotive Repair's regulations/reviews since they specialize in "modifications", instead of repairs. Call them to be sure.

Good luck on recovering your loss.

Les

'65 Buick Sport Wagon Custom, 340, T350, 3:23
'66 GTO Post/468, 700R4, 3.31 (Mike's as of 9-16)
'68 Grand Prix/455, dual AFBs, T400, 2:93 posi (sold)
'72 TA tribute/461, T400, 3.08, (Russ's as of 9-16)
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Turbo, Konis, 5 speed
'09 Torrent GXP, nav, Sun & Sound pkg., Bilsteins
Old 02-14-2005, 03:34 PM

Wheelspin, I speak of the B.A.R. because of personal experience. Bruce did a rebuild and defrauded me. He gave a 350 motor, and passed it off as a 400. The B.A.R. told me engine rebuilding is considered a repair. They followed through with my case and were supportive in Small Claims court. I posted my experience a couple of years ago. The only disappointment is that they continue to allow Bruce to operate a shop. They told me it is because I was only the second complaint to have crossed their desk. Probably, because of misinformation about what they do.

Old 02-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

GOBRDGO - It is too bad that you had to find out the hard way. Good luck on recovering what you can.

Old 02-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

There is a long and logical story to why Bruce built the engine. I will leave it at that. An older and wiser Pontiac fan I recently became lucky enough to know gave me what I think is some solid advice. Focus on the positive and work on getting her up n runnin again better than before. I can jump up and down and complain all day but that won't do any good. Hell or high water I'll be at Pontiac Drag Days in a few months! Thanks for everybody's support.

Old 02-14-2005, 06:11 PM

Gobrdgo
Sorry about your problems with your engine. Up to about 2 years ago I was grinding all of Bruce's cranks and my dad before me. Stop doing business with him for many reasons.
It sounds like your are on the right track with your engine. Good luck! If your need any help with your crank just call Chris or Andy at
Wlison bros. 909 949 2911
See you at Palmdale.

Old 02-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What kind of crank do you need ?
I have 2 high mileage from running engine 455 cranks sitting on the shelf here i am in Lancaster CA.

Old 02-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Formulas, I need a 455 crank preferably 020 or less. I don't want to run a compromised crank in my new combo. Plan on squeezing this one alot. I might use a new eagle, but would rather use a good old american stocker.

Old 02-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Both of mine are std. std. i would turn them as they have miles on them or they could be evaluated size wise and simply polished to provide a race tolerance and smooth surface.

I dont have a hankerin to sell one but your fairly close and need a break.
e-mail dfxceo@yahoo.com

Old 02-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Formulas you have mail

Old 02-15-2005, 01:23 AM

I've read sssooooo many posts about the fulper frolickes its sickening,I own a shop here in So.Cal. and have been out to bruces shop to back-up a customer of his NOW mine,and after hearing his BS story for 20 min. all I could do to keep myself from loosing it was to walk outside and cool off! I just dont understand HOW he is still in business or alive, sorry if I sound a little bitter but it pisses me off when I think about the way he conducts his business and gets away with it!

Old 02-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This is exactly why this board is so important to us in the pontiac family.
Before I spend any large amounts of money, I check them out right here.
And you know what, every other pontiac guy I have met has been upstanding. I quit E Bay a while ago. I know the BF has given Ccass some grief over this forum also, but look what happens if we don't post the good and the bad.
Another reason to support Chris and this forum.

Old 02-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Amazing that this guy cannot be closed down. Always thought America came first when it comes to justice.

Old 02-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"Law is the best deterrent to justice..."

Old 02-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I often wondered how he could keep advertising in Smoke Signals? As POCI would I thought frown on deceptive behavior.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SDBOB:
I often wondered how he could keep advertising in Smoke Signals? As POCI would I thought frown on deceptive behavior. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, they do. Only trouble is, 99% of the POCI membership is not into racing or building performance engines that make more power than they did in OEM form. Therefore, they don't hear about all of the bad happenings from RRE customers. We're talking about an organization that just within the last 2 years decided to have a drag race at their annual convention. We're talking about an organization that let GM influence them into including GMC trucks into the membership (which has turned out to be a collossal flop, no pun intended...there just haven't been many GMC owners join the club). We're also talking about an organization that is so hung up on only giving a "Best in Show" trophy at their annual convention to a pre-war car, that when they took numerous complaints about it, rather than just award the trophy to whichever was the best car (regardless if it's pre or post war), they came up with two "best of" categories...best of pre and best of post.

Sorry for the rant, carry on.

Old 02-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

GOBRDGO, You stated in another post, that you contacted Bruce about your problem,and that he offered to fix the damage, however he wasn't going to fix it for FREE. is that unreasonable? we are talking about a "race engine" are we not? sure, he should/would have to eat the labor costs, but parts would be another story, would like to hear from the engine builders who post here, on how they would handle this? I seem to remember a PY member who posted awhile back, about a quality problem with his Eheads that caused him some engine damage, when he called edelbrock, looking for help, he got none! when he posted here to "vent" most of the guys on here told him to repair the damage, take the financial setback, and move on. do any of the engine builders here give full parts and labor warranty for race/ or street/strip motors? not trying to start a p*ssing contest, but you were happy with it until something broke!

1966 Lemans, 3700Lbs, 406 ci, #96 Heads, Crane 467/494 cam, RPM Intake, Q-Jet, 11 inch Converter, 3:90 gears, 3 inch exhaust, Best ET 12.62@107 MPH 414ci shortblock coming soon!
Old 02-19-2005, 05:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Brian I guess I still believe in right is right.The first SD I built,I was robbed,poor machinework ,lucky I didn't run it, I got all my stuff paid the bill(the guy was achebie builderwho used kids to help) and found someone else.Still try to trust people but I do get skeptical. Also I was showing my SD at Gettysburg POCI years ago in stock,the SD that won had a 'moon' roof.I got 4th.Sooner than later given enough 'rope' they will hang themselves.

Closed Thread