Old 11-19-2013, 11:48 AM

Default 12 Bolt Install

Purchased a new rear at carlisle this summer. the paint was shiny black with a clear coat. it had a spool in it so I got an original posi unit and installed it with the 3.31 gears. i got some polyureithan bushings from UMI while there and a speedo gear for the M20 from ed hrdtnet also. you got to love carlisle. any way my 66 is wating for the new engine will pick-up friday so last weekend i installed the new rear. the prior owner had installed a compleate hotchkiss suspension system so it all came out easy. found a conversion u-joint was on the yoke will go back to regular no problem. the hotchkiss lowering springs were to low for my taste so i made some lift kit out of 2 7/8 heavy walll pipe and 1/4 inch steel plate total 2 3/4 lift. welded painted and used the 2x4 lift method to install. had to go to PY for the spring clamps since there was a 67-72 rear in there. the prior owner said it was a low gear posi---not. the old one is a 308 pontiac peg legger. maybe i will scrap it. can't wait to install the engine/ tranny next week. i am to old to be doing this stuff by myself. it has a nice rake now the springs were 1 inch lower now it is just right.

Jim

Old 11-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Photos required.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:45 PM

i new you would say that. away from her now pix laterin week.

Jim