Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
Ken, it sounds like I'm #2 and Scott (Drunkn') is #3. You could possibly be #1. If we're going to be like a Mexican band, I'll be the big fat one playing the big fat bodied guitar.
Always figured you as a wind instrument player

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 10-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
great job Kev!!! youve done something that no one else has done! rail or door slammer !its the fastest n/a pontiac on the planet bar none. :

Quickest (et) yes but not the fastest (mph) ....Rex is still way faster

Sorry just one of my pet peave's (sp)

Old 10-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Its a KRE record and thats it.I will bet that there isn't a single factory Pontiac part on that engine.It's a Pontiac(based) engine.I know I will get a bunch of slack for saying that but everyone knows that making that much hp N/A with any brand will take almost all aftermarket parts.
Congrats on the 7.37.

Last edited by Jeff V; 10-01-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote by Cliff,

"What I've found from being in business for several years now, is that when we do something great, some folks will take notice, so once in a while expect a compliment. Screw something up, expect the hear about it at least 100 times....and...I'll leave you with this:

While you are out there doing great things, if you suck one carp along the way, you will ALWAYS be known as a carp sucker!....FWIW....Cliff"

Cliff, Cliff, Cliff, I keep telling you that is not the way that it is spelled.
Think Rooster!

Everything aside, Cliff's comment about seeing faster REDs every day at a typical bracket race is true. Take for example the SB Chebby that runs in Steve B's class out west. That little SB Chebby has pretty much had the field covered for the last few years. Steve B keeps trying and he apparently has the et record for a pontiac I think but in my mind that is like rewarding a kid because he can count to 100 when the rest of the kids are doing calculus. I guess every one has their small pond somewhere where they want to be the big fish. Now in those small ponds you will always have a few trash fish like the Carp Suckers that Cliff mentioned too. I wonder if Carp like Butter?

JMO

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:47 AM
Suspended

Posted by Tom V.; I wonder if Carp like Butter?

Me thinks this is going to be quite a show.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goquick
Posted by Tom V.; I wonder if Carp like Butter?

Me thinks this is going to be quite a show.
How does the old saying go? "Birds of a feather..."

Old 10-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
Ken, it sounds like I'm #2 and Scott (Drunkn') is #3. You could possibly be #1. If we're going to be like a Mexican band, I'll be the big fat one playing the big fat bodied guitar.

I can't be #1. I have a car.

That's why I asked?

Glad I'm not included as I only made mention of the ET/MPH to hp to weight to chassis type deal which I feel is more important and shows one's ability.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupergasDil
Dang guys, be happy for him. He's running a PONTIAC and he's flying. Right ? He prefers to do it in a rail, I prefer to do it in a car. Can he go faster with less power than me ? Yes. Do I care ? Nope. I'm just glad he did it with PONTIAC power.
SupergasDil... you make sense. I think a few guys on this thread are more into controversy and arguing then Pontiacs and racing. If they put into their cars what they have wasted on this thread alone they might be closer to their own goals on the track. I got to go do some more research on some parts I'm looking at getting and contact some friends about some suspension ideas I have. Racing is a great hobby and doing with a Pontiac is the best part.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to NHRASuperStock455SD

Records are by which we have always set performance standards. My whole life since I was growing up my Dad always talked about the 4 minute mile in track and field. Or the 2 minute 1/2 mile. (I broke the second one, but not the first) One of my heros was Jim Ryan as a kid.

None of them are perfect, and Chevy guys always get the rules handed to them on a silver platter, but it is still a great standard to measure ourselves.

Lynn

Old 10-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lynn the Chevy guys know where to direct their bitches to. Thats part of the reason the rules fall in their favor. If the sanctioning bodies listened to all the cryin that goes on here we'd be dominant! Their are chevy guys who hate each other but they will defend them if its advantageous for them to do so. Doesnt seem that way here. It is like a bunch of old women sometimes, they still hold a grudge against that girl who "stole" their boyfriend 50 years ago and just wont give it up! They will do anything to make them "pay for it" forever regardless of how it affects themselves or others.

Last edited by BruceWilkie; 10-02-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Numbers game.
More chevies then anything else.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Found this on you tube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTP3qxzOKRs

Old 10-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Suspended

[QUOTE=BruceWilkie]Lynn the Chevy guys know where to direct their bitches to. Thats part of the reason the rules fall in their favor. If the sanctioning bodies listened to all the cryin that goes on here we'd be dominant! Their are chevy guys who hate each other but they will defend them if its advantageous for them to do so. Doesnt seem that way here. It is like a bunch of old women sometimes, they still hold a grudge against that girl who "stole" their boyfriend 50 years ago and just wont give it up! They will do anything to make them "pay for it" forever regardless of how it affects themselves or others.[/QUOTE]

With all due respect Bruce, do you even know what the "grudge" is about? If Rex was running as fast as he is now on KRE parts, i wouldn't have a negative thing to say about him. Scott is a great guy and willing to help anyone. I don't have anything negative to say about smuland(sp). He's fast as hell and doing it with KRE parts. I've mention several times in other post that they have good heads ( HP's & DP's) which make great power. I don't hate the game I just dislike the player. Also in a previous post under this topic I mentioned that Kevin put together a good and fast combo. That in no way makes me think any more of him as a man!
My "grudge" stems from what has happened since the block deal went down and what others have gone through with said venders. To often people get screwed and nothing gets done about it. I was always told to pic my battles and I felt this one was worth fighting and still do! I have countless e-mails and PM's from people in the same boat, but are scared to say anything. I have been racing car (Chevys &Pontiacs) for about 15 years. I have been screwed on many parts and some service . Well......... I got sick of it and took a stand. Too many venders and individuals hide behind: "well thats just racing and theres no warrenty" . Granted in alot of cases that is true BUT ITS NOT IN ALL CASES.
I have decided for my own piece of mind and based on your last statement that i'm done. I have decided to stop talking smack about said venders on this board and others. I have always been pretty easy going and positive and your right, these kinds of post take a toll on me and other members. I will not however be giving up on the "battle". I just won't bring it here anymore.

P.S. No Baker, this isn't the result of a registered letter

Old 10-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bruno and Vinny must of showed up

Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
"It is like a bunch of old women sometimes, they still hold a grudge against that girl who "stole" their boyfriend 50 years ago and just wont give it up! They will do anything to make them "pay for it" forever regardless of how it affects themselves or others."

Does that mean that after 50+ years we can change the bore spacing on the block and still call it a Traditional Pontiac? Talking about "Old Women!"

With a different bore spacing we could have a stronger aluminum block, we could have an even bigger cid cast iron block, we could have better air flow, etc, etc. Then we could set some et records that would match the Chebby and the Ford numbers.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

D.I: I agree. Seems treating people right doesn't mean sh*t now-a-days. It's all about the BBD for themselves and as long as they haven't been jacked themselves who cares who else got bent over. I see it more and more over the years being in business.

Shame society has dropped to this level. Shame.

The only one I know of that takes a constant rap and people seem to avoid is BF.

Why is this? Maybe because his mouth and ethics run along the same line. Ya keep quiet and do people over then it's OK?

Old 10-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Whatever happened to Butlers idea of building a Pontiac block 1 inch longer.Dont pro stock BBC blocks have bore spacing that is not factory?(396-454 specs)

Old 10-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar
Whatever happened to Butlers idea of building a Pontiac block 1 inch longer.Dont pro stock BBC blocks have bore spacing that is not factory?(396-454 specs)
First I have heard of that. Sorta like a Poncho stretched? What's the block length of a cheddy 454 and what is the block length of a 455? Then there is the head width? right? I guess if some one was going to design and produce such a block ... all the current heads, headers, intakes, cranks, cams, etc... would have to be redesigned and manufactured?

If the MR-1 and IA-II could improve even more on the oiling and water cooling probably wouldn't need a stretched block?

Last edited by triathlonx13; 10-04-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
"If the MR-1 and IA-II could improve even more on the oiling and water cooling probably would need a stretched block?"

...and might I add more head bolts!!!!

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 10-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad69bird
Quote:
"If the MR-1 and IA-II could improve even more on the oiling and water cooling probably would need a stretched block?"

...and might I add more head bolts!!!!
Yup !