Old 12-29-2011, 07:20 PM

Default 1974 GTO

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and am enjoying the site. I just recently located and bought my 1974 GTO of which I was the second owner back in 1977. Sadly it was the one car I didn't want to sell. Surprisingly the car is in tack with the exception that there is a 455 in place of the 350.(the original 350 came with it.) The car is white with a red interior and is a true 4spd car. I'm sure I'll have many questions over the next few months while a look for the needed parts to restore.

Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040283.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	268603   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040284.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	268604   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040335.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	268605  

Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Tough cars to find nowadays and little appreciated. I did articles on these cars a few years ago. Is yours a hatchback?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 PM

Default 1974 GTO

It is a coupe model. According to GM Canada it was one of 195 GTO coupes brought in to Canada in 74. I assume there were even less of the hatchback model due to the low overall production..

Old 12-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Senior Chief

My very first car was a 74 GTO, I always keep an eye out for them, but yes very underated by GTO peeps. I guess that is because they have never driven one. Great looking car. Have fun.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:04 PM

Thank you I'm very excited to have my old car back. I just have to give it the attention it deserves.

Randy

Old 12-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTO View Post
Thank you I'm very excited to have my old car back. I just have to give it the attention it deserves.

Randy
Thats pretty neat that you got your old car back! Did you sell it to someone you know or did you track it down and offer to buy it back?

Old 12-31-2011, 01:41 PM

Default 1974 GTO

I spotted the car on "Kijijiji" in September. it peaked my interest as I knew there could not be many surviving the same colour as my old car. The guy selling the car had only had it for 6 months and didn't know the history, but he need give me a GM Canada document that was addressed to a guy in and around the same area I sold the car to back in 1978. I was able to find his phone # on the internet. When I contacted the previous owner he said my story of the car did not fit what he was told but he gave me a phone number of the guy he bought it from. Two minutes into the conversation with the next guy and he had given me the name of the guy I had originally sold it to, confirming it was my original car, small world, we even knew some of the same people from my early years.
I live a 16 hour drive away from where I bought the car so it was quite a surprise to find it, if I hadn't been ad surfingon the intenet I never would have seen it.

Randy

Old 12-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I love Kijiji, sold and bought lots from it. Randy, you've managed to do a trace of your car. That's cool. Very hard to learn the history of an older car. I hope rejuvenating the ol girl goes well for you. Let me know if any parts are needed. I find stuff all the time.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pretty Neat! Enjoy the old car once again!