Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 04-07-2024, 07:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Dakota Digital

I think I posted a while back about my gas gauge quitting working and assuming it was the sending unit (Tanks Inc. Floatless Unit). Well ever since I have had these Dakota Digital RTX gauges there have been little glitches. They send you updates via Bluetooth thru your phone but I always had little weird things. The speedometer need had a little bounce. Obviously the gas gauge broke. My voltmeter would read low occasionally and scare me. So anyway I called them and told them what was going on and I told them I would live thru it with the next update but after that I wanted to send them back (lifetime warranty). Well low and behold about a week later I got the white screen of death. Both of my digital displays went white and wouldnt comeback without a total reboot. I called and without hesitation they gave me and MRA number and told me to send them back and that after fixing the white screen (a known issue in early sets) they would send me another if the gauges were indeed the culprit. Long story short they are GREAT to deal with. They will receive the gauges Monday and they say 2 day turn around so should be rolling next weekend. If youre on the fence dont be afraid of Dakota Digital

Old 04-07-2024, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice to see a reply with updates and good results for a change.

I'm a bit leery myself to go full on electrical with gauges like that but I do like some of their analog style gauge setups, which I know are still electrical but had no idea you have to update things with blue tooth and phones. That sounds like it's completely computerized with a brain. That's a bit above my willingness to try.

Glad it's working out for you.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
The Following User Says Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It has analog gauges. It also has a screen that has all kinds of amazing features. My needle gauges worked great (except gas gauge) the screens just went white. Everyone who has seen them says they are the best addition to the car. You can even take some trips, it will figure out your average mileage and give you a semi accurate range reading. These things are really nice.

Old 04-07-2024, 10:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have the Dakota Digital RTX and I love them. One of the best upgrades I've done. Factory appearance, bright lights, work great. No problems at all from mine so far.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 04-07-2024, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhein View Post
I have the Dakota Digital RTX and I love them. One of the best upgrades I've done. Factory appearance, bright lights, work great. No problems at all from mine so far.
Yeah my gas gauge died then the white screen of death. They said I’d have them back this week though and I didn’t ship them till last Wednesday.

Old 04-08-2024, 09:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I love the look and styling of the new(er) 2nd Gen TA Gauges from Dakota - the set that is styled like the factory gauges. But after hours of trouble shooting, all my factory gauges are behaving (for now). And in the process, I swapped all the incandescent peanut bulbs in the clusters with LEDs and the dash really looks nice. If they start acting up, I would pull the trigger on that Dakota set without hesitation.

Old 04-08-2024, 08:23 PM

I’ll second the tech support at Dakota digital.

I had an issue with the BIM not sending info to the main gauges. Turned out the little CAT connector ripped off the pc board.

I honestly don’t know if it was broke when I got it or if I broke it off when I installed it. They had me send it back and they repaired it free of charge. I got it back in a couple days. Works good now.

I like the gauges. I don’t know how durable they are going to be. The wiring seems a little delicate. But at least they stand behind their product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk