Old 10-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1973 455 Short Block - Balanced, Forged Pistons, $400

1973 Pontiac 455 block, crank, rods and pistons. The block is a 1973 model, 2 bolt main, YA code, bored .060, it has been hot tanked and magnafluxed and has no cracks. The crank is a nodular iron 103 crank, .010 on the rods and mains; it needs to be polished and may need to go .020/.020. The crank has also been magnafluxed and has no cracks. The rods are stock 455 rods. The pistons are forged aluminum Jahn's with a slight dome. I'm not sure of the cc of the dome. The pistons do have some scuffing on the skirts, but I think they can be used.

I bought the engine complete and used, and then disassembled it, had it hot tanked, and magnafluxed, etc, so the entire rotating assembly is used and disassembled, but it had been balanced when it was built. Hard to beat it for the price - add freeze plugs, bearings, hit the cylinders with a hone, re-ring the pistons, throw on some big valve iron heads and make a lot of hp for not a lot of $.

PM if you are interested. Not trying to make any $; I just need it out of my garage. Also listed on Craigslist in Wash. D.C. area with a few pics.

I am looking for 1969 and 1970 GTO sheetmetal and parts, etc. If you have it, I probably need it.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 12-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default $200! Just want it out of my garage!

Fellas -

I'm losing a lot of $ on this deal, but just need it out of the garage. $200 takes it home. Will also trade for 69 or 70 GTO parts.

Thanks,

Scott