Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2021, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Dyno day is almost here!

Been a long time coming! Way back in April of 2013 I broke my old stock block 462 in half on the street near my home.

It was a block failure...split from main up through the cam tunnel. This old engine with a set of 64cc Eheads was powering my 3600 lb GTO to 9.8’s in the quarter. I swore I would never build another engine for it unless it was an aftermarket block.

In the meantime my wife and I found 80 acres of land we wanted so I stored the GTO and we purchased the land and I fenced it which pretty much took our extra money for closing and fencing. A year later we had some more savings and decided we wanted to live on our land because we loved it so much so we built a house and shop on it. Again no extra funds...I saved a couple bucks and bought an IAIIA block in 2017, about a year later I bought a set of heads, 2 intakes, shaft rockers, lifters...

In 2019 I took the GTO to a chassis shop that mini tubbed it, rack and pinion steering, control arms, brakes, coil overs, crossmembers, tube core support, and a lot more roll cage.

2020 I decided it was time to start putting things together. I also decided the end result would be Mechanical Alcohol injected 535 CI so I needed an intake and sent a Gutsram I got with my wide ports to Hampton Blowers to get a top put on it...

We bought a cam based on 12.5-1 Blown alcohol.

Here is what it looks like with the 8-71 and hat...

But we are dynoing it built like this on gas and I will add the alcohol injected supercharger later...

What do you think this 380 CFM wide ported, 12.5:1, 535 ci engine should make on gas with the cam listed on the cam card with a 1050 dominator, Victor intake? We are dynoing Friday...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk