67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Real Comfortweave Deluxe Interior

This is a very affordable way to get the "real" comfortweave replacement seat covers for your Pontiac. I purchased the NOS material from SMS by the yard and then sent it to Legendary who will use your own supplied material instead of the fake weave inserts to give you NOS seat skins. The quality is top notch and could easily be better than NOS. Pictures are of the covers "Not" installed just out of box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	347359   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	347360   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	347361  

Old 12-23-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdclassics View Post
This is a very affordable way to get the "real" comfortweave replacement seat covers for your Pontiac. I purchased the NOS material from SMS by the yard and then sent it to Legendary who will use your own supplied material instead of the fake weave inserts to give you NOS seat skins. The quality is top notch and could easily be better than NOS. Pictures are of the covers "Not" installed just out of box.
I have comfortweave on my existing seats. How can you identify the real from the repro?

Old 12-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
That looks phenomenal!

Old 12-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What was the cost to have the seats made? Material and all. Total cost?

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft
Old 12-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Very nice!

It's great to hear Legendary is willing to use supplied material.

I once tried to get PUI to do that (same reason...wanted correct material inserts), and they had zero interest.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 12-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD1969 View Post
What was the cost to have the seats made? Material and all. Total cost?
Total cost was 2 yards of comfortweave at $250 plus ship and I believe my bill from Legendary was close to $600 with shipping and all. I am going to try installing the skins myself.

Brian: If you look close the reproduction comfortweave is just an embossing of the true weaving.

To All: I do have 2 extra yards of Parchment I will sell cheaper than SMS.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Legendary

as someone has already pointed out, Legendary is the best when it comes to interiors..I recently received fully assembled deluxe upper door panels to replace my P.U.I. product for my 72 T/A ..real stitching and with the correct materials,I still can not believe how well they were done, really only $100 more than P.U.I.,but that is where I wasted my $...I am certain this goes for all of there other interior reproductions..I am looking forward to all new A.C.I. foam and Legendary seat covers!!...and PMDCLASSICS that was a great call in what you did..true comfortweave is very cool!(literally!)...awesome how Legendary did that for you!!...fortunately for me 1972 did away with comfortweave!!...nice to see it done correctly,nothing beats an over the top interior restoration!!..probably too late for me now ,but I could have done a black cloth insert as that was a 72 option,as seen on the 1972 S.C.C.A. red T/A...great post!!,opens up other possible interior choices!

Last edited by transam1972; 12-23-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:09 PM

How are the Pearl Parchment deluxe door panels from Legendary? I had a hard time with the color matching on panels from Classic Industries. Color was way off from the seat covers, twice!

Old 01-04-2014, 02:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Total cost was 2 yards of comfortweave at $250 plus ship and I believe my bill from Legendary was close to $600 with shipping and all. I am going to try installing the skins myself.

Brian: If you look close the reproduction comfortweave is just an embossing of the true weaving.

To All: I do have 2 extra yards of Parchment I will sell cheaper than SMS.
Whoa that doesn't seem that bad if it is for the front and back.

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft
Old 01-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So, if you buy Legendary's product, it doesn't have the correct comfortweave? You have to supply your own to be correct?

Also, anyone already check into who sells Legendary product for the best price? I've checked with Ames and they appear to be cheaper than buying direct.