Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Suspended

Default McCarty Racing RAV in Hot Rod Magazine

Congrats to Lynn and company for their article in the July issue of Hot Rod called "Chief Stomp 'Em" documenting the success of their 1220 hp NA RAV engine. Well done folks!

Old 05-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Boost Engineer

Congrats to JC and Lynn and Lynn's brother (as well as all of the guys at BES) for the great effort.

Tom V

ps Kevin Bird's M3 is also in the issue. Kevin is featured on the 2 guys garage show.
If you are into fabrication skills, some of the stuff he did could easily be applied to a F-Body type vehicle.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats fellas!!!

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 05-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats Lynn and JC!

Pontiac Power RULES !!!!

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 05-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrates guy's

GT.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great....Poncho power...

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 05-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great to see Pontiac getting some positive press in the main stream media!

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 05-10-2014, 08:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Some great things are happening with Pontiac's these days!!!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 05-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great results and attention and I am certain you guys are just getting started.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:46 PM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Very good article- I suspect Don Keefe was instrumental.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

congrats to all involved!!!

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 05-16-2014, 01:38 PM

So many cool things are yet to come.

Casey(Lynn`s oldest son) was edited out of this article, but he is an integral part of the program not to mention a very good driver. He finally got his degree in mechanical engineering from Purdue University graduating last weekend, while working the last 3 years on many new items for McCarty Racing. They are having a blast. Casey came up with one thing on RAV development that blew our minds! I cant wait to test it.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wonder if Casey is avail to consult.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
Wonder if Casey is avail to consult.
Casey took a job as an OBD engineer at Cummins. Casey is an integral part of McCarty Racing.

Lynn does most of the consulting, but on clean coal technology, environmental discharge, cooling water, and boiler efficiency. He has two patentable items going there as well. He will be making presentations on them this summer. I just sit back, eat popcorn and watch the show. Especially when RAVs fire up.

The coolest project I have seen is the unported RAV stock block engine going after a sub 9 second run. Shouldnt be too hard to do. Going in this car:

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...34817639_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...37028928_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...22974514_n.jpg

Old 05-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Roger that.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone know how to get in touch with Lynn McCarty?

PM me please.

We cant get any response though the channels that worked when he was soliciting money for these products.

Myself and another NC Pontiac racer / person have close to $10,000 in this project, and from where we stand: we feel the agreement in place has been breeched.

No communication, or response to our side.

Thanks......Jeff

Old 05-30-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
Anyone know how to get in touch with Lynn McCarty?

PM me please.

We cant get any response though the channels that worked when he was soliciting money for these products.

Myself and another NC Pontiac racer / person have close to $10,000 in this project, and from where we stand: we feel the agreement in place has been breeched.

No communication, or response to our side.

Thanks......Jeff
Jeff,

Lynn ran into Tommy at Norwalk last year and he said nothing. He also has sent several emails to you with no response from you. His phone number, email, and website are clearly available as anyone can easily see. He gets and personally talks with several Pontiac guys daily. He is anxiously awaiting your call. You can call 317.260.3486, go to ramairv.com, email lmc3470@aol.com.

Distributors made a deposit on cylinder heads and must make purchases with substantial discounts to recover their investment. Otherwise, I am sure if you call, he will work something out. BTW your total investment was less than 1/2 what you have stated. Your distributorship requires puchase and sales of the products and services like any other distributor agreements. Most are null and void with lack of.purchase.

Last edited by Pont428; 05-30-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:10 PM

BTW,

They are dynoing again on Tuesday June 3rd. IT all depends on how badly those headers were affecting peak power. Exhaust blow down was verified by results and simulations as the primary suspect. Some say it should make 8500 RPM. I know where there was at least 30HP, but I am just in the first row eating popcorn and watching the show. ;-)

Old 05-31-2014, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Its difficult to market/sell a product when there has been little support, and important questions/direction re; marketing go without a reply.

I never received any demo / eval head set as promised, no reply to emails I sent asking marketing/sales questions regarding the heads and the other products (Chevy 409, Crate Engines) we were promised.

More importantly: I want to know (the agreement) about RA V sets sold in our areas that should have gone through me/us.

*Who took the order and shipped JC's heads?

Other than the email Lynn sent yesterday ......the last email my records show as received was 2-01-2012.

I am sure this will be settled.

Jeff

Old 05-31-2014, 12:48 PM

Your dealership was originally agreed upon by a different party. Tommy Thompson fully understood the terms of the dealership agreement. Your involvement was years later and you want to write your own contract dealership agreement?

Your difficulty is that you havent invested anything as per your dealership agreement. If you dont buy any heads, how do your expect to sell any? I bought into a different franchise, then I subsequently bought $25,000 worth of product because that is what dealers do. Tommy knew his dealership didnt buy an exclusive. Why dont you? Based on your knowledge of business dealings I seriously doubt if Lynn would have sold you a dealership, Tommy is a great guy.

Setting HP records, doing R&D with BES, LSM. Bryant, designing the 4.5 Bore engine far exceeds anything anyones else has done. How about two engine patentable items soon to be released? How about a 9.00 Deck 406 with a 4.4 Bore and 3.3 Stoke? How about a 70MM cam? How about a 4.6 Bore with a 2.5 Intake valve? How about a Short deck turbo 4.9? How about complete injection system designed by Casey?

Lynn called you yesterday to settle with you. This is not the way to handle settlement if you want to not follow your dealership agreement. How does a dealer sell any product if he calls and says he is too broke to buy anything? Lynn very graciously offered you product to pay off your initial investment.

Lynn redesigned a new casting and did R&D on several sets of heads for JC's engine Including building new core boxes to complete the project and developing the head porters head. Lynn was very willing to spend the money to do that. If you want to bear the cost as a dealer, I am sure it would be appreciated.

Bottom line you gotta buy product to sell if not take Lynn's terms of buy out. Everyone sees through your attempt at extortio just like the other deal. Common sense must prevail. Both are seen for what they are. Anyone who wants to discussion can call anytime 317.260.3486.