[QUOTE=jdw_poncho;5136968]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post

So what's the point?
[QUOTE=bankbook;5136982]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw_poncho View Post

.???
The site tangles the quotes sometimes bankbook.

Jdw was asking me my point....

Well If its so easy to do it na then just do it. I'm NOT saying it can't be done. There are a lot of people that underestimate what it takes to build that power. The same people think its easy to just stick it in the car and set records. Sorry I don't give credit for talking like its so easy. Its NOT that hard either if one gets in touch with the right people and actually does it.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=mike leech;5137006][QUOTE=jdw_poncho;5136968]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankbook View Post

Well If its so easy to do it na then just do it. I'm NOT saying it can't be done. There are a lot of people that underestimate what it takes to build that power. The same people think its easy to just stick it in the car and set records. Sorry I don't give credit for talking like its so easy. Its NOT that hard either if one gets in touch with the right people and actually does it.
Got it and agree 100%

Turbo 535, CV 1 heads.

Built by Cerralli Competition Engines

Tenth Anniversary (Van Nuys) restored.
Tenth Anniversary Barn Find (Norwood)
Both 4 speeds!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONTIAC DUDE View Post
I agree about pushing the heads and probably was responsible for half the early CV-1 sales. I posted EVERY result and upgrade I did. Did a lot of testing and changing. I also took a lot of flack. Tons of it and just posted my results and modifications. Never complained once. Explained their limitations, etc. Check 6/7 years ago and posts. All I ever did was offer JIM advise, info from more experienced head porters and what they saw as a better version or upgrade. That info was ignored. I never actually bad mouthed the product. Even after I was Butt phucked. Check the past records. My bitch was being kicked to the curb after spending 10 grand getting ready to run the the heads up Drag radial class waiting on a set of 468cfm heads he was having done.
They ended up being door stops or book ends. LOL. Then told Oh well. Have a nice day and go figure out what top end ya want to run on your own as I never kept any of the stuff I got for the "STREET Versions" of the CV-1 deal.

I only bitched about being a MAJOR contributor to selling and helping Jim further is product for over 2 years and thousands upon thousands spent on upgrades based on the original intent of the heads. Then after the fact and 2 years latter. I was then Hammered by the CV-1 crowd for not using the right parts and they never were involved from the beginning as to what the actual game plan was.
Do they work. Yes. Are they the ultimate......... no. Can they be made better with a redesigned intake port and size for the original concept.......... YES.
Do they have a market. Yes.

Others after I was out of the program. Jumped the Shark and made promises we are still waiting to see. 5 years later.

So don't throw me to the wolves, buddy. LOL. I was forced later into a corner I didn't go to. I stated what happened as to why I wasn't running the CV-1 program anymore. I was put on Ignore. Bwahahahahahaha. Wasn't because I wasn't spending the money or just testing. I was going heads up. Ford, Chevy, Mopar. Not just Pontiac's
Jim was to supply a set of 468 cfm good flowing heads CORES. No parts involved. He actually brought up the Big flowing number heads and that direction was why when I felt the end of the road was reached with the current testing and their street capability. I returned the Original CV-1 heads, Didn't keep them and work a deal for another set. That was his PROMISE
But they turned out to not to be what was promised and thus lies the issue. And he knew it even before I got them from the Race Shop too.

I stayed silent for years until I was personally attacked so I just supplied info to back up my statements.

Phuck the turtle deal, phuck the bigger higher rpm cam, phuck the tranny deal. All just rhetoric to cover up issues the heads can have trying to do what Jim originally intended them to do. Period.
Then I see recently that others seem are now getting blasted for the same issues I had. So I guess I wasn't the only one out there ........................ now.

What goes around comes around and Personally now, my life is great.

Do they respond to nitrous better then N/A. From the little bit I had to play with them and results over the E-heads. Yes, I think they are more power adder friendly. I still feel in an all out power adder application with a few port mods they can do some damage. Depending on the class ya chose to run.

Now compared to other head development that has surfaced over the past couple of years, can they keep up?????? Guess we will have to wait till some one steps up the the plate and spends time and money.

Jim had the opportunity to play in the Big Pond....... heads up deal. He chose to close that door and listen to others wanting on the CV-1 train. His heads. His call.

I'm done as long as I'm left alone to do my thing. I have a game plan, just gonna take a little longer now. No sponsors my money, my time, my investment.

When I'm done and tuned up......... Might even Skull Drag Lil Jack down the track if............ he gives me the rear tire stage.
Damn dude...you weren't the only one screwed by the race shop.

Turbo 535, CV 1 heads.

Built by Cerralli Competition Engines

Tenth Anniversary (Van Nuys) restored.
Tenth Anniversary Barn Find (Norwood)
Both 4 speeds!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorry I don't give credit for talking like its so easy. Its NOT that hard either if one gets in touch with the right people and actually does it.[/QUOTE]

Perfect, thats what I wanted to hear. You dont want to give credit but you enjoy beating the other products down?

Did you ever take one of those personality tests for a job or when you was in the military?

If so, I have a question for you. If you were a pickle, would you rather be a sliced bread&butter or a dill spear?

Old 02-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONTIAC DUDE View Post
I agree about pushing the heads and probably was responsible for half the early CV-1 sales. I posted EVERY result and upgrade I did. Did a lot of testing and changing. I also took a lot of flack. Tons of it and just posted my results and modifications. Never complained once. Explained their limitations, etc. Check 6/7 years ago and posts. All I ever did was offer JIM advise, info from more experienced head porters and what they saw as a better version or upgrade. That info was ignored. I never actually bad mouthed the product. Even after I was Butt phucked. Check the past records. My bitch was being kicked to the curb after spending 10 grand getting ready to run the the heads up Drag radial class waiting on a set of 468cfm heads he was having done.
They ended up being door stops or book ends. LOL. Then told Oh well. Have a nice day and go figure out what top end ya want to run on your own as I never kept any of the stuff I got for the "STREET Versions" of the CV-1 deal.

I only bitched about being a MAJOR contributor to selling and helping Jim further is product for over 2 years and thousands upon thousands spent on upgrades based on the original intent of the heads. Then after the fact and 2 years latter. I was then Hammered by the CV-1 crowd for not using the right parts and they never were involved from the beginning as to what the actual game plan was.
Do they work. Yes. Are they the ultimate......... no. Can they be made better with a redesigned intake port and size for the original concept.......... YES.
Do they have a market. Yes.

Others after I was out of the program. Jumped the Shark and made promises we are still waiting to see. 5 years later.

So don't throw me to the wolves, buddy. LOL. I was forced later into a corner I didn't go to. I stated what happened as to why I wasn't running the CV-1 program anymore. I was put on Ignore. Bwahahahahahaha. Wasn't because I wasn't spending the money or just testing. I was going heads up. Ford, Chevy, Mopar. Not just Pontiac's
Jim was to supply a set of 468 cfm good flowing heads CORES. No parts involved. He actually brought up the Big flowing number heads and that direction was why when I felt the end of the road was reached with the current testing and their street capability. I returned the Original CV-1 heads, Didn't keep them and work a deal for another set. That was his PROMISE
But they turned out to not to be what was promised and thus lies the issue. And he knew it even before I got them from the Race Shop too.

I stayed silent for years until I was personally attacked so I just supplied info to back up my statements.

Phuck the turtle deal, phuck the bigger higher rpm cam, phuck the tranny deal. All just rhetoric to cover up issues the heads can have trying to do what Jim originally intended them to do. Period.
Then I see recently that others seem are now getting blasted for the same issues I had. So I guess I wasn't the only one out there ........................ now.

What goes around comes around and Personally now, my life is great.

Do they respond to nitrous better then N/A. From the little bit I had to play with them and results over the E-heads. Yes, I think they are more power adder friendly. I still feel in an all out power adder application with a few port mods they can do some damage. Depending on the class ya chose to run.

Now compared to other head development that has surfaced over the past couple of years, can they keep up?????? Guess we will have to wait till some one steps up the the plate and spends time and money.

Jim had the opportunity to play in the Big Pond....... heads up deal. He chose to close that door and listen to others wanting on the CV-1 train. His heads. His call.

I'm done as long as I'm left alone to do my thing. I have a game plan, just gonna take a little longer now. No sponsors my money, my time, my investment.

When I'm done and tuned up......... Might even Skull Drag Lil Jack down the track if............ he gives me the rear tire stage.
I dont have any knowledge of the deal you and Jim had, other than what I read here.

This is my "ECM" like response. So in other words you wanted to talk like you could play in the big pond but couldnt do any better for Jim than the race shop. I read somewhere if I take my heads to the right guy they will work? Im guessing you're not the right guy?

In other words you wanted someone to support you but he figured out you may not be a fish in the "big pond" like you seem to think you were, is, or was? SO (putting words in Jim's mouth) he dropped you and moved on since you couldnt get anything done in two years.

The Following User Says Thank You to jdw_poncho For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Well you of all people know that I do not hate the head, or think that there is no way it can make power. Was there neg press yes. Where ridiculous claims made? yes. Were some made by non users that were not based entirely in fact and negative in nature? yes While I appreciate you're reference to celebs, I'd point out that that was not my intent to become one or to bash the head. More to the guys who have never done what they claim will be so easy and can't seem to get it done. The head has more potential than my eheads.

Mike do you think if we wanted to make 1000+ with a cv1 that we couldn't? Why have the experts not then?
WE have discussed this many times, and the answer is still????????? Damn it Mike I think we could put some flat tops in mine, pay attention to a few details and let John touch up the heads. We would need an intake. I think we could go 1000. Don't you?

Old 02-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[/QUOTE]

Perfect, thats what I wanted to hear. You dont want to give credit but you enjoy beating the other products down?

Did you ever take one of those personality tests for a job or when you was in the military?

If so, I have a question for you. If you were a pickle, would you rather be a sliced bread&butter or a dill spear?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a pickle. You're missing the point genius. NO ONE gives credit to the guys talking and not doing. I'm not beating the product down. Just the blowhards that think the only thing separating them from success is luck or money, If only "fill in the blank" I could do that too.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.

Last edited by mike leech; 02-17-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankbook View Post
Damn dude...you weren't the only one screwed by the race shop.
X3

Brian

Boobs & bacon
Old 02-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm421 View Post
WE have discussed this many times, and the answer is still????????? Damn it Mike I think we could put some flat tops in mine, pay attention to a few details and let John touch up the heads. We would need an intake. I think we could go 1000. Don't you?
YES! employ few oil system tricks, a better ring pack, and absolutely!

Old 02-17-2014, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Just say the word ....GO..... and we can get you a 1000! And I would love to do it.

ph. 248-259-6696
The Following User Says Thank You to john marcella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2014, 11:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:

If so, I have a question for you. If you were a pickle, would you rather be a sliced bread&butter or a dill spear?
I'm not a pickle. You're missing the point genius. NO ONE gives credit to the guys talking and not doing. I'm not beating the product down. Just the blowhards that think the only thing separating them from success is luck or money, If only "fill in the blank" I could do that too.[/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------
Wrong answer pickle juice.

You have bashed the product numerous times. If you were serious about it just being the person not being capable, you would have kept the product out of the conversation.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDTA View Post
X3

Brian
X4(Larry Quinn).

63 Lemans Race Car- 8.81 @ 151, 5.60 @ 123(SOLD)

67 Bonneville ragtop

74 Firebird - 455, e heads, TK0600 in process
Old 02-17-2014, 11:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thats too bad those guys had a run of bad luck with the same company. Im wondering if "race shop" failed at other projects?

Last edited by jdw_poncho; 02-17-2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: clarified who "they" was
Old 02-17-2014, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't get the memo, but a read through THIS Thread tells me to play this appropriate link:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=WL&v...U&feature=plpp

satisfied ?

Old 02-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Wrong answer pickle juice.

You have bashed the product numerous times. If you were serious about it just being the person not being capable, you would have kept the product out of the conversation.
I'm sorry but you are being retarded wether intentional or not. FIND A POST WHERE I BASHED THE PODUCT AND SAID IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE. Come back here and post it up pickle sniffer. Then I will print a retraction based on that. Just click on my name, click on view all posts by mike leech, Read them all and copy and print where I said the heads a piece of junk(or any comment similar)and cannot make 1000 hp.

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HUNTING!

Old 02-17-2014, 11:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Thats too bad those guys had a run of bad luck with the same company. Im wondering if "race shop" failed at other projects?
Yep. Check the Bullet

Brian

Boobs & bacon
Old 02-17-2014, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
My point being what happens when celebrities do the opposite? What if Shaq came out and said this heat balm sucks. States it is portioned too small. Well, for Shaq it may not work but a normal sized guy will have no problem. It cannot be said that bad press in this instance didn't hurt. That head would be fine for 90% of peoples performance goals. That was never stated enough. Who gives a damn if we already had E or HP heads. No reason to run another option off the market. And yes I'm calling you, John, Jeff, and Jack Pontiac celebs. Consider it the highest of compliments please.

Mike , but what if all those people, (that are in that position because of experience) Are giving an honest opinion of the product.

You're a painter, you know paint chit, do you need to change your opinion on certain paint products because it may negatively affect that product's reputation? Phuck NO . that's called being a liar.

If someone wants my opinion I give it to them straight. And if im wrong, I say I was wrong.

ph. 248-259-6696
The Following User Says Thank You to john marcella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
Just say the word ....GO..... and we can get you a 1000! And I would love to do it.
X2! that would be fun! Mike would fly with that!

Old 02-17-2014, 11:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I'm sorry but you are being retarded wether intentional or not. FIND A POST WHERE I BASHED THE PODUCT AND SAID IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE. Come back here and post it up pickle sniffer. Then I will print a retraction based on that. Just click on my name, click on view all posts by mike leech, Read them all and copy and print where I said the heads a piece of junk(or any comment similar)and cannot make 1000 hp.

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HUNTING!
I clicked on your profile just now so you at least thought I looked.

I agree you have always said you think the head is possible of making 1000 in teh right hands. I wont argue that point.

What I said was you always lump a certain product with a few people and have constantly beat them (with the product) down.

Now go back and re-read my posts very slowly to see if you can put the puzzle together. You are "lumped" in with the bashers whether you like it or not. Your responses to certain individuals has proven your opinion many many many times.

Have you figured out why I asked you the pickle question yet?

Old 02-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I clicked on your profile just now so you at least thought I looked.

I agree you have always said you think the head is possible of making 1000 in teh right hands. I wont argue that point.

What I said was you always lump a certain product with a few people and have constantly beat them (with the product) down.

Now go back and re-read my posts very slowly to see if you can put the puzzle together. You are "lumped" in with the bashers whether you like it or not. Your responses to certain individuals has proven your opinion many many many times.

Have you figured out why I asked you the pickle question yet?
I get that the Grouping goes both ways. I'm not as simple or sheltered as you might think. However the grouping lines are drawn, you can't assign any other meaning then what i actually said or in this case wrote. If you want to believe i'm a hater then go ahead...I'll believe you're a believer....I've stated my opinion of the head clearly, and without emotional rhetoric. If you choose to believe otherwise that is your choice but it does not make what you choose true.

and i've given 0 effort to your pickle dilemma...I'm not into pickle comparisons.