Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:16 PM

I have always found ken and his staff A++++ Never a problem

Old 04-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Senior Chief

P Dude for Prez..................

Old 04-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by *67firebird*
I am certainly not looking for the "i dont like p-dude" people to support me, this is just how i interpreted it.
What is it EXACTLY that you ARE looking for? Are you trying to warn us about doing business with one of the most respected and knowledgeable vendors/builders that we have access to? Ken's reputation speaks for itself.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 04-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Boo-Hoo you had to wait a litle longer than you wanted for you pushrods. Welcome to the world son.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to *67firebird*

i want to know how do you guys say you had the best of experiences with Ken, when i didnt feel the same way...

heres a little time line of how it happened.

1)Ordered Parts March 28
2)wait 3 business days for comp to send to pdude.
3)parts should have been at p dude no later than let say april 4 and thats about a weeks after i ordered it
4)parts should have been en route same day and arrived maybe on tuesday, wednesday the latest.. (priority shipping 2-3 days).............
5)So its friday April 11 2 weeks later..., i give the dude a call and phone operator says to me "o yea they are being shipped out today" 2 WEEKS LATER. when they should have been shipped out week before that.

6)So then i get the parts on i believe on a monday ( so we can see he shippied friday april 11 i got them monday April 14 3business days exactly.)

dont feed me no BS that it takes longer to arrive from coast to coast!!!!

So if P dude Should have received the parts no later than the 4 of april, 1 week after i ordered them, why does it take a week after that to ship them out.???

if comp was behind a week and a half im sure it wouldnt have hurt to call me and say something along the lines of, "yea we havent received the order yet from comp. they normally take 3 days, but im guessing there backed up and its been about a week and a half since you ordered so sorry about the wait and well throw in a free P dude Decal for the inconvenience" i would have said..... "o thanks for letting me know, i was starting to wonder what happened.... Thanks for the warning!!! LAter DUDE!! Click(hang UP)

a phone call, which is what happens when special orders dont come in on time (at my job), would have been something i would have greatly appreciated. just to take my mind off of it.

bad idea?

Performer RPM-850DP
Auburn- 3.55 gear
CC HR custom grind
Old 04-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the PDude website is not one of the most informative/descriptive website out there, but i deffinetly cannot ever find the parts i need on it

One click off main page and you are into the parts catalog section, complete with prices.
On par with other parts websites, probably a tad better as its more descriptive.

His engine combos has .... ten or more packages posted with a full page of applications , specs, options and prices.

Pretty informative if you ask me.

A very nice web site overall.

Dont sweat the small stuff. Be happy you are able to work on your car.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Suspended

Quote:
i want to know how do you guys say you had the best of experiences with Ken, when i didnt feel the same way...

heres a little time line of how it happened.

1)Ordered Parts March 28
3)parts should have been at p dude no later than let say april 4 and thats about a weeks after i ordered it
4)parts should have been en route same day and arrived maybe on tuesday, wednesday the latest.. (priority shipping 2-3 days).............
5)So its friday April 11 2 weeks later..., i give the dude a call and phone operator says to me "o yea they are being shipped out today" 2 WEEKS LATER. when they should have been shipped out week before that.

6)So then i get the parts on i believe on a monday ( so we can see he shippied friday april 11 i got them monday April 14 3business days exactly.)

dont feed me no BS that it takes longer to arrive from coast to coast!!!!

So if P dude Should have received the parts no later than the 4 of april, 1 week after i ordered them, why does it take a week after that to ship them out.???

if comp was behind a week and a half im sure it wouldnt have hurt to call me and say something along the lines of, "yea we havent received the order yet from comp. they normally take 3 days, but im guessing there backed up and its been about a week and a half since you ordered so sorry about the wait and well throw in a free P dude Decal for the inconvenience" i would have said..... "o thanks for letting me know, i was starting to wonder what happened.... Thanks for the warning!!! LAter DUDE!! Click(hang UP)

a phone call, which is what happens when special orders dont come in on time (at my job), would have been something i would have greatly appreciated. just to take my mind off of it.

bad idea?

My God!!! Stop your whinning. You have no idea what a BAD EXPERIANCE with a Pontiac vender is junior!;)

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Roberts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk'nInjun
My God!!! Stop your whinning. You have no idea what a BAD EXPERIANCE with a Pontiac vender is junior!;)

Drunkin one { LOL } well said. You made me laugh...............

Old 04-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
1)Ordered Parts March 28

The more info you post, the more unreasonable it makes you look. Correct me if I'm wrong. You ordered a set of custom pushrods that were not in stock from a vendor in Florida, and received them on the 11th business day in California, and you're upset?

Personally, I think you owe P-dude a public apology for being impatient and slamming his business on a public forum for no good reason. I'm sure that you won't and you'll try to find a way to justify it. You didn't get a phone call? :rolleyes: You're not going to find any sympathy here because you had to wait 11 business days for custom parts that were not an off the shelf item.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quite frankly, im tired of you whining.

Darrah for President!!!

LOL
Old 04-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to *67firebird*

apology no because i really felt like the operator was being non shalant with me and thats simply not cool. P dude. Keep up the good work.
ive communicated with him via email and lots of great info. but the lady was not cool. EOS.

Performer RPM-850DP
Auburn- 3.55 gear
CC HR custom grind
Old 04-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The title of this thread is; "i dont like to complain, but..."

Could have fooled me.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OH cry me a river! for one it took exactly a week from when i ordered to when i recieved my parts, you bought custom parts and now you are whinning about what???? what are you really displeased with? i cant stand this whinny little rant you have rudely posted!! there should be a rule in py NO BI*CHING ALLOWED!

D.S.R.E. Your NW Pontiac Street/Strip Engine Builder, Specializing in Cylinder Head,Intake Manifold,and Exhaust Manifold Porting services and Building the Most Efficient stock rebuilds to Hi HP Pump Gas and Race Combinations for Pontiac,Buicks,Olds,FE Fords,385 Series and HP Gen 3 and 4 LS engines!
2006 silvy Z71 4X4,383 LS 600+hp NA
Shared Toy-66 Lemans 470cid by me 537hp 580tq-manifolds, 570hp 590tq-2"headers,custom cam,rpm intake, mild e-heads, Looks stock ;-}
Old 04-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Suspended

Quote:
apology no because i really felt like the operator was being non shalant with me and thats simply not cool. P dude. Keep up the good work.
ive communicated with him via email and lots of great info. but the lady was not cool. EOS.
Learn when to STFU.

I know I've added another whiner to my "do not do business with" list, as I'm sure many others who have read this thread have done.

Nice way to shoot yourself in the foot.
Nonchalant?????? Did you expect her to ask how your family was doing or what? She took your order, and you got your product in a VERY reasonable amount of time.

Your life must be terrible, to have to pick a good vendor to bash for NOTHING :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old 04-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I was done replying and trying to move on but........................

don't add more fuel to your already out of control fire. Switching at this late date to "my Daughter wasn't cool" is a cop out.

when you talk down to her because you thought she didn't have the knowledge. I have to disagree. She informed me that you were quite rude at first but she hung in there and smiled the whole time. She has handle your type before with men thinking women don't have the knowledge. Remember I stated she was a Discount Auto Parts store manger for 2 years after working only one year and a half for them. Might have had something to do with her experience and KNOWLEDGE. But seeng as your only 20 you will learn............ the hard way it seems in public, that there are women with great knowlege in this field.
Besides she has been doing this since she was crawling and helping me at the age of 12 at the shop. She is now 36.
BTW: I have discussed this with her.

#1; you at first came off as arogant.

#2: You needed a CUSTOM pushrod

#3: She offered you the top of the line first.

#4: you whined about the cost.

#5: She offered you an alternative at a better price without sacrifising QUALITY. we don't make the price structure. We just try and make a buck and be competitive.

#6; You were informed that we didn't stock that size and would have to order it in. Tghen you are in Cal, we are in Fl. do the math.

#7: You said OK.

#8: All times were estimates and the term............ roughly or about are used. In this market exact guarentees can never be given or implied. Worse now then in the past. As you gain experience and knowledsge in this world you will learn.

#9: You were given different options on delivery and pricing. We make no money on this for time spent, boxing, placing pick up time orders, etc. Free to you cost to us.

#10: You are displeased. OK. I'm displeased with your responses................ so I guess the best thing to do at this point is to tell you to "kindly refrain" from purchasing any future products or ask advise from us and we will keep your name, address and this post on the wall to inform other Pontiac vendors of possible verbal retibutions.

** I have only had to do this with 3 people including you over the course of 35 plus years of doing business.
If customers can complain about businesses, then busnisess should have the right to refuse service to said complainers when felt it was unjust.

I'm done and moving on. Didn't get upset or revert to name calling. Kept it decent and clean. Lifes too good to let this post affect my morning coffee. LOL.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Suspended

Old 04-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How's it feel *67firebird*? In one thread, because of your refusal to possibly admit that just maybe you were over reacting, have just become a CANCER that people will avoid! You had to wait 11 business days! Oh the horror! Best of luck to you, LOL!

Closed Thread