Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2022, 03:42 PM

Default 11" vs 10.5" Flywheel Differences

Did a search on the forum and didn't see a clear answer to my question below regarding 2.75" register 65 and up flywheels:

Are all 11" flywheels heavier than 10.5"?

I bought an 11" flywheel at Norwalk last weekend (2.75" register, 166teeth). I see no identifying numbers on it but it has the same basic dimensions as a known 10.5" flywheel I have from my Mom's 69 GTO. Both fit on the end of my 65 crank (register/pilot and hole pattern).

The 11" flywheel is about 8lb heavier than the 10.5" according to an old bathroom scale.

Debating whether I want to use it on a 421 build I am about to start. I guess I didn't realize how heavy the 11" flywheels were.

I may just go with a billet steel flywheel that has both bolt patterns since I have a nearly new 10.5" RAM clutch in my car now. I could always put an 11" clutch in later.