Old 01-25-2018, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfuel67 View Post
Finally got the body painted. Now hopefully I can get the doors, fenders, hood, trunk, etc. done fairly soon.
So you didn't spray it all at once ?

Old 01-26-2018, 02:46 AM

Nope. A full car is too much to do at once in my garage. I've painted several cars and it doesn't come out good if you spray for so long. Plus the factory didn't paint everything together. The fender bolts weren't painted from the factory since it was assembled after painting. That's how mine will be.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfuel67 View Post
Nope. A full car is too much to do at once in my garage. I've painted several cars and it doesn't come out good if you spray for so long. Plus the factory didn't paint everything together. The fender bolts weren't painted from the factory since it was assembled after painting. That's how mine will be.
Just hoping all the panels "match" for you.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:53 PM

The panels will match. The body is staying in the garage out of the sun and I'm using the same batch of paint. If I have to have more paint mixed then matching becomes an issue.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:46 PM
Senior Chief

Intriguing thread. Do u have a photo u can post of the car in it's green color? Don't think I've even seen that one. Also, topical for me as I have an Alfa Romeo I'm restoring and had the same question! I will post, with pics in the Lobby asking for opinion.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:59 PM

When I bought her she had a really cheap metallic green sprayed. Looked like a one day half off special. So I only have a pic of her in the non original green.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When spraying a semi-metallic paint, it's always best to paint the car with all the body parts assembled, so that the paint 'lies' in the same direction. Have a friend who had a metallic blue '65 painted in pieces, and out in the sunshine, it looked like a quilt. The doors, quarters, and fenders reflected the light differently, making the car look like it was three shades of blue. All from the same paint can. Your's is lighter colored and looks great......hoping it turns out as well as it looks like it's going to!

Old 02-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
When spraying a semi-metallic paint, it's always best to paint the car with all the body parts assembled, so that the paint 'lies' in the same direction. Have a friend who had a metallic blue '65 painted in pieces, and out in the sunshine, it looked like a quilt. The doors, quarters, and fenders reflected the light differently, making the car look like it was three shades of blue. All from the same paint can. Your's is lighter colored and looks great......hoping it turns out as well as it looks like it's going to!
Was going to say that...but what do I know ...with 40 years of painting cars. Can't say I've seen it all....but have seen a lot.