Old 09-22-2014, 07:59 PM

Default 67 Le Mans stock steering wheel

I am looking to replace my stock steering wheel, with another stock wheel. It is too far gone to try to repair it, as it has huge cracks around the edges, and the center also has gaping cracks over an inch wide, it is junk! It has the 3 spokes, I noticed that the 66's have 2 spokes and seem to be more readily available. Are they interchangeable? The horn button setup does not look the same, I like my center cap better, and I don't think the wiring would be the same either, as it "looks" like the horn may be operated in the center of the wheel on the 66? I could be wrong about that, and on the 67 there are little tabs on the spokes to work the horn.
Of course the better option for me is if someone has a 67 wheel they could sell that is in better shape than the piece of crap I have now that would help me out a lot even if I have to repair it. Any thoughts?

Old 09-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The wheel would fit a 67 column shaft but the 67 column is larger in diameter then 66 to accomodate the hazard flasher. You'll need to stay with 67 and up wheels.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a '67 3 spoke in aqua...has some cracks but I think better than you describe. I'll take a pic tonite and send it to you if you want. Also have a black one but the top portion is bent forward somewhat from the head-on collision that killed my previous Lemans.

George

Old 09-23-2014, 02:55 PM

At this stage I'll look at anything thanks