THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:49 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Rock Crusher Abusive - 1972 Formula 455 HO

Muscle Car Of The Week, Rock Crusher included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8guIW-2_8PU

Frank

Old 09-07-2020, 02:45 AM
Senior Chief

Love the car, other than the front spoiler. I thought he would give it a bit more of a thrashing though.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone know this guy? Clearly an Illinois guy.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO Kenny View Post
Love the car, other than the front spoiler. I thought he would give it a bit more of a thrashing though.
Agreed. The mixing of the Trans Am front wheel spoilers and the chrome wheel lip moldings (a combo never available from Pontiac) is odd.

But overall, appears to be a nicely done car.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 09-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

As sophomores in HS my friend was given a '70 Formula 400 4spd to drive. His cousin would check himself in a hospital for 6months at a time and wanted to keep the car from sitting. What a ride!

TOM
Old 09-13-2020, 09:14 AM
Senior Chief

I think the 70-73 Pontiac Firebirds are the nicest style of 2nd Gen F-body.. I liked the video, lovely car!

Old 09-13-2020, 11:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Beautiful car, love the color. 70-73 Firebird stick is one of my favorite cars. Formulas are still a good deal bringing 2/3 the price of a TA on average.

Old 09-14-2020, 03:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quite a bit of non-stock elements there. The spoilers being the most obvious (why wouldn't you remove the wheel opening trim, it just looks weird with the flares). That exhaust note definitely isn't stock and an 068 cam idles almost dead smooth in a 455. Makes me wonder what else might have been done to the engine. The host also says it has a 1-1/4" sway bar up front and 7/8 out back, which were the trans am sizes and I don't believe those were offered in the formula.

Not trying to be critical (well, other than the trim with the spoilers which just looks wrong to me), it's a gorgeous car. Just things I noticed in the video.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Quite a bit of non-stock elements there. The spoilers being the most obvious (why wouldn't you remove the wheel opening trim, it just looks weird with the flares). That exhaust note definitely isn't stock and an 068 cam idles almost dead smooth in a 455. Makes me wonder what else might have been done to the engine. The host also says it has a 1-1/4" sway bar up front and 7/8 out back, which were the trans am sizes and I don't believe those were offered in the formula.

Not trying to be critical (well, other than the trim with the spoilers which just looks wrong to me), it's a gorgeous car. Just things I noticed in the video.
T/A size sway bars were part of the Y99 handling package as well as 15" wheels .It was an option on formula.

Old 09-14-2020, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That car is awesome! Makes me miss my 70 T/A a lot. I have to wonder why in most vids like this they ping on the handling...These cars handle very well IMO.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 09-15-2020, 02:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by necdb3 View Post
T/A size sway bars were part of the Y99 handling package as well as 15" wheels .It was an option on formula.
Cool, thanks for tuning me up on that. I knew the 15" wheels were available, just not the sway bars. Don't know how I can have owned a formula for 34 years and not known that... LOL.