THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Nice collection hitting the auction block

I guess the bouncy house patent was a good idea!

My heart jumped when I got near the bottom of the page and saw the B-400 Deuce.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bottom of what page?

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein View Post
I guess the bouncy house patent was a good idea!

My heart jumped when I got near the bottom of the page and saw the B-400 Deuce.
Is there a link?

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
The Following User Says Thank You to Firedup6975 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2020, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I read about Bob Regehr's collection yesterday.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/moon-wa...ection-auction

Quote:
Regehr died last year in Hutchinson, Kan., and the cars are now set to be sold this fall through VanDerBrink Auctions.
Link to auction:

https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/...plus-vehicles/

Old 04-15-2020, 05:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67drake View Post
Bottom of what page?
This page:
https://www.businessinsider.com/140-...or-sale-2020-4

Old 04-15-2020, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looked like there was a 67 full size Pontiac convertible in one of the pics. Too small to make out the model. On the rear quarter I think it says either Grand Prix or 2+2. I couldn't tell. White body.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

5 Pontiacs. Yes, one is a 1967 Catalina convertible. There is also a ‘63 post Catalina.
Here’s the list.

https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/...-INVENTORY.pdf

Old 04-15-2020, 06:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterp266 View Post
5 Pontiacs. Yes, one is a 1967 Catalina convertible. There is also a ‘63 post Catalina.
Here’s the list.

https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/...-INVENTORY.pdf
From your link, there is also a 1967 Pontiac convertible is a Grand Prix - a one year convertible more desirable than a '67 Catalina drop top. The GP is #97 on the list, lot # 87R, the Catalina is # 94, lot 84R.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yvette VanderBrink puts on good auctions & her auction company seems to travel a good distance down the Plains, from homebase in MN to run them. Reasonable fee on top of purchase price is what I appreciate. The biggest auctioneer in OK, he'll whack you more, & his staff are a bunch of jerks.

Just briefly skimmed the list, bet the genuine 32 Ford Coupes & the 53 Skylark Convert ought to bring some strong bids! Will make plans to attend!

Old 04-15-2020, 06:54 PM
Senior Chief

I have had my eye on the 67 Marlin & a couple of the Studes! but I have too many already. I will grit my teeth & try not to follow along, maybe it will end while I am working in the shop...LOL

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

Bills' Auto Works Est 1983 & still going strong!

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Ambassador Custom Lemans
1957 Chieftan 2dr HT
1964 Grand Prix
1966 Catalina Conv. 421
1966 Ambassador DPL 2dr HT
1966 Ambassador Cust. 2 DR HT
1967 Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS Coupe
2007 Cad XLR-V Supercharged Roadster
Old 04-15-2020, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
From your link, there is also a 1967 Pontiac convertible is a Grand Prix - a one year convertible more desirable than a '67 Catalina drop top. The GP is #97 on the list, lot # 87R, the Catalina is # 94, lot 84R.
? I see a ‘67 Catalina convertible and ‘67 Bonneville convertible listed. No GP.

If you read the article, the owner wants to sell it all to one buyer or maybe a couple of buyers getting everything. Says he won’t sell individual cars to anyone.

Old 04-15-2020, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterp266 View Post
? I see a ‘67 Catalina convertible and ‘67 Bonneville convertible listed. No GP.
You're right. Brain fart on my part.

I've always liked the '67 GP convertible and when I saw a second '67 my mind locked into the GP, despite the fact that it clearly says "Bonneville"....

Old 04-16-2020, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In the Business Insider link, there is a half decent picture of the 67 Pontiac convertible. It says something on the rear quarter panel above the thin body molding. I can't make it out. Need someone with better eyes. A 2+2 badge would go in that area, making that a very rare car. The letters don't look spread out enough to say Grand Prix, but not sure. Catalina says nothing from the factory in that area. Nor Bonneville. Slight mystery.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
In the Business Insider link, there is a half decent picture of the 67 Pontiac convertible. It says something on the rear quarter panel above the thin body molding. I can't make it out. Need someone with better eyes. A 2+2 badge would go in that area, making that a very rare car. The letters don't look spread out enough to say Grand Prix, but not sure. Catalina says nothing from the factory in that area. Nor Bonneville. Slight mystery.
Is this the photo you're talking about?

If it is, then you should now be able to read that it's a Malibu SS Convertible - 1965 model.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep! Poke my eyes out with a pair of scissors! I swear in the blurry picture the way the tail panel just peeks over the Corvette, it looked like the taillight of a 67 full size. The convertible kind of hid the way a coupe rear glass and roof line would look. Thought it looked short. Now I know why. Damn.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I figured that was what you saw but didn’t want to call you out on it......

Old 04-17-2020, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess its from jealousy of not having money, but every time I see something like this come up I wonder...WHY? I know the answer is BECAUSE, but I still dont get it. Why hoard a pile of cars, packed so tight you could never drive them, doubt seriously they have had any regular maintenance, and never enjoyed more than going out into a barn and looking at them. It didn't make any sense as an investment because the guy died before they sold.
Honestly on an even smaller scale I dont get the average guy that has half a dozen or more cars. Again theres no way they can all be taken care of as needed and enjoyed. I had a garage full of motorcycles at one time and ended up selling most of them off for all of the above reasons.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

At a certain point, your stuff owns you. Been there.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
I guess its from jealousy of not having money, but every time I see something like this come up I wonder...WHY? I know the answer is BECAUSE, but I still dont get it. Why hoard a pile of cars, packed so tight you could never drive them, doubt seriously they have had any regular maintenance, and never enjoyed more than going out into a barn and looking at them. It didn't make any sense as an investment because the guy died before they sold.
Honestly on an even smaller scale I dont get the average guy that has half a dozen or more cars. Again theres no way they can all be taken care of as needed and enjoyed. I had a garage full of motorcycles at one time and ended up selling most of them off for all of the above reasons.
I have a MUCH easier time seeing a hoard like this than another type I will mention. This hoard was collected, put in secure, DRY storage. So eventually the "caretaker", owner passes, and virtually all the contents can move on to a brighter day in the hands of an appreciative new owner. What I just can't stand, and it angers me is when a huge hoard of hundreds of old cars is found in some OUTSIDE mud bogg, swamp, or field. Hot Rod Magazine, Motor Trend or some other media outlet finds this stash of totally ruined vehicles and then interviews and treats the owner, like he is the curator of some incredible museum. None of the cars can be salvaged, maybe a trinket or two, and somehow the "caretaker" is some kind of folk hero. Yes, it's their hoard, they are the owner and are free to destroy their own property, I get it. Doesn't mean I have to like it or approve of it.