THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Senior Chief

Angry Barret Jackson not on SPEED

Just noticed that BJ is not on SPEED this year... I don't think we can get in Canada until the 18th Saturday on FOX til 7pm then on National Geographic Network.. must be old Craig playing hard to get with speed. Any one know what happened?

Old 01-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Senior Chief

They switched to Fox this year. No longer on Speed.

The Following User Says Thank You to dreamn69 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Suspended

Here you go
http://news.barrett-jackson.com/spee...ture-with-fox/

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/television-coverage/

The Following User Says Thank You to Alvin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Speed no longer exists, does it? I have Direct TV and it's been gone since September.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 01-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Boneske View Post
Speed no longer exists, does it? I have Direct TV and it's been gone since September.
I think that they renamed it Fox Sports 1.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Senior Chief

Some of the B.J. auction stuff is available on other channels (I think Natgeo for some reason).
It seems that the people at fox, who bought out speed, think that we would rather watch "ultimate fighting" than anything automotive in nature. Nothing better than watching two guys humping in a cage.

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver
Old 01-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdHank View Post
It seems that the people at fox, who bought out speed, think that we would rather watch "ultimate fighting" than anything automotive in nature. Nothing better than watching two guys humping in a cage.
Did you ever wonder where they came with some of those ideas? The demographics that they used for their surveys probably didn't include working people.

The Following User Says Thank You to arbys For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Senior Chief

Talking Alvin

Thanks for clearing up that mystery....looks like SPEED Canada will pick up the feed from FOX.... I guess right between The How to Tune your Ski-Doo and Cooking with Whale Blubber show

Old 01-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Church View Post
Thanks for clearing up that mystery....looks like SPEED Canada will pick up the feed from FOX.... I guess right between The How to Tune your Ski-Doo and Cooking with Whale Blubber show
Glad to assist.

IMO Fox and NBCSports have screwed up by making viewer jump around to their ancillary channels to follow a race season (F1) car show, and / or auction. Sooner than later I'll simply say F it and pass on viewing DVRing etc.

Really no reason to complicate viewing times and channel IMO. Killing the golden goose.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Senior Chief

Yup right on..Thanks again.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Senior Chief

On another note.. I've always wondered why they wouldn't have a PayPerView type arrangement where you could watch the entire five days of auction from start to finish uninterupted and commercial free...just a camera on the main stage period.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Church View Post
On another note.. I've always wondered why they wouldn't have a PayPerView type arrangement where you could watch the entire five days of auction from start to finish uninterupted and commercial free...just a camera on the main stage period.
You can, or at least could, do that with Barret Jackson on line. In the past I would have the TV on and watch on line during commercials to see what was crossing the block . It always bugged me to see something in the staging area of interest to me and then they would break for a commercial just as it was coming up and not even mention the cars that were skipped over.
It was one stationary camera with only the auctioneer audio but still better than nothing.

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver
Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You can, or at least could, do that with Barret Jackson on line. In the past I would have the TV on and watch on line during commercials to see what was crossing the block . It always bugged me to see something in the staging area of interest to me and then they would break for a commercial just as it was coming up and not even mention the cars that were skipped over.
It was one stationary camera with only the auctioneer audio but still better than nothing.
Yes, don't the have some special/proprietary name for that live viewing with the static camera?

The Following User Says Thank You to arbys For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank God.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
You can also watch Mecum auctions live on the internet.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy421 View Post
You can also watch Mecum auctions live on the internet.

And thats how I prefer to watch it too.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Blows. Just went to DVR it and see it's in HD only on Fox Biz, which I don't get.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

B.J. If the name fits keep it. The biggest SCAM ever to hit the airwaves and make "experts" out of every idiot that owns something that sets beside their garage rusting into oblivion. A bunch of drug dealers needed a place to hide their money so they buddied up and bid on each others cars.

Ever see the original "Gone in 60 Seconds"? Well… thats the way you make a "real" numbers matching car now. You pull a ball of metal out of a field that has the right VIN on it and cut the VIN out and stick it in a clean base model and add all the goodies and, "Voila!" a "real" numbers matching car that was a complete total and could never be put back on the road otherwise. If they had really kept track of the build numbers back then I'm sure we would all be amazed at how there are now more of those super rare cars on the road than were ever actually built. It's all such a joke… Oh well, at least it made parts more available I'll give it that.

My opinion…

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
The Following User Says Thank You to uneasyrider For This Useful Post: