THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Cheeze Whiz! Cut the Bieb some slack!

I could not care less about this kid or his music, but holy crap!

The kid is nineteen!

He has hundreds of millions of dollars and the world at his feet. How are you going to keep him down on the farm!?

His blood alcohol was half the legal limit for a kid thirteen months older than he is.
He was doing 60 in a 35 - IN A LAMBORGHINI!
His father was with him and blocking the street (half-assed attempt at safety? sure but something at least.)

OK dangerous! stupid! bad example! blah blah blah!
(Egg-ing a neighbors house? In-your-face paparazzi mouth-off? again, blah blah blah)

Perfect situation for a teach-able moment instead of a Police-State over reaction.

When I was his age, (the drinking age was 18 in New York State) we had been doing much worse for three years or more.

A friend of mine, Chief of Police around here for decades*, would have taken his keys away, driven him home and explained the facts of life to him... man to man.

* see video "All Hail Chief Mooney"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuqftfWDOmQ

Sure was a different world.

P.S.
When Buddy Holly was 19 he opened for Elvis>
Keith Moon joined the Who at 18
Hank Williams at 14 had a radio show

Old 01-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I say send the AH back to Canada. But maybe the Canadians are smarter than us and don't want him back. Ed Fitzgerald, any thoughts on that?

I say he'll do himself in before he reaches 21.

If we'd have done that in Canada, we'd be border lined and not allowed back.... period. I've seen it happen to guys I used to work with up there.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He'll be broke by the time he's 25, probably dead before he's 30.

Text book example of the music industry creating and exploiting a young person, milking them for all they are worth, and then spitting them out to move on to the next target when they are no longer an asset.

As much money as he's made, the corporate board that created his fame has made 20 times more.

Rinse and repeat.

The Following User Says Thank You to 69goatboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The idol worshipers don't help.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He's been acting like a tool for some time now and frankly we're sick of hearing about it. All this "pressure of fame" crap doesn't cut it with the average Canadian, thus the lack of sympathy for him around here.

The Following User Says Thank You to 66sprint6 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I did plenty more wrong than him at 18 and 28 and 38

The Following User Says Thank You to Txbobcat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He`s a dumb ass kid, apparently a product of dumb ass parents. He`ll end up in a cell next to Lindsey Lohan, and then end up dead at 30, as mentioned. The media will dwell on it for months, saying what a good person he was, etc.

I couldn`t care any less.

Rinse and repeat........(good phrase, BTW)

George

Old 01-24-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestFugit View Post
I could not care less about this kid or his music, but holy crap!

The kid is nineteen!

He has hundreds of millions of dollars and the world at his feet. How are you going to keep him down on the farm!?

His blood alcohol was half the legal limit for a kid thirteen months older than he is.
He was doing 60 in a 35 - IN A LAMBORGHINI!
His father was with him and blocking the street (half-assed attempt at safety? sure but something at least.)

OK dangerous! stupid! bad example! blah blah blah!
(Egg-ing a neighbors house? In-your-face paparazzi mouth-off? again, blah blah blah)

Perfect situation for a teach-able moment instead of a Police-State over reaction.

When I was his age, (the drinking age was 18 in New York State) we had been doing much worse for three years or more.

A friend of mine, Chief of Police around here for decades*, would have taken his keys away, driven him home and explained the facts of life to him... man to man.

* see video "All Hail Chief Mooney"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuqftfWDOmQ

Sure was a different world.

P.S.
When Buddy Holly was 19 he opened for Elvis>
Keith Moon joined the Who at 18
Hank Williams at 14 had a radio show

The problem is he is a rich brat that is out of control, and has no respect for others, and thinks money will buy him out of any trouble he gets in. His parents are not much better, as he gets his prescription drugs from his mom, and they do not want to upset their cash cow with discipline. This is only one of the many situations this kid has been in, and it apparently will not be the last.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis H. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis H. View Post
The problem is he is a rich brat that is out of control, and has no respect for others, and thinks money will buy him out of any trouble he gets in. His parents are not much better, as he gets his prescription drugs from his mom, and they do not want to upset their cash cow with discipline. This is only one of the many situations this kid has been in, and it apparently will not be the last.
X1000 I have no use for people that think money gives them power or the ability to live above the law. Thankfully, he is his own worst enemy and will self destruct at some point. Hopefully sooner than later.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 01-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Partying, drugs, drinking, doing all of that while at night clubs, strip joints and street racing.

The kid isnt a talent. He has multiple writers for his music, he doesn't play an instrument and has the appeal little girls love to grab onto. He barley sings any of his songs. Many of them are computer remixes.

Having said all of this, I sorta feel sorry for the kid. He really has no direction and with the intensity of his fame and more than likely sees that all of this money comes way too easily. Im sure his ego is high in the sky. All he has to do is stand out on stage and make money.

I personally think hes just a lost kid with bad parenting. Hope someone straightens him out before he turns into a Charlie Sheen, Lindsy Lohan, Robert Downey, Jr. Danny Bonaduce........Many of which are life long train wrecks (RDJ got on his feet but only after many years in the hole).

Old 01-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Make him pay whatever is due, just like I'd have to.
Maybe he'll learn some small morsel and not kill somebody somewhere down the road.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

True, he deserves a good kick in the butt... what are the chances that anyone will give it to him?

Old 01-24-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
His BAC is being reported at 0.14, and the national limit is 0.08. In addition he was high on pot plus a number of other prescription drugs. No sympathy from me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

money is power.....never forget that

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 01-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Relax, ya'll. The Bieb's just earning his street cred. Doin' time in tha slammer. Such a thug, that Bieb.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 01-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
His BAC is being reported at 0.14, and the national limit is 0.08. In addition he was high on pot plus a number of other prescription drugs. No sympathy from me.

"The validity of Justin Bieber‘s police report is being brought into question after it was revealed that he had a blood alcohol level of .014, TMZ reports.... Initially, police had reportedly said that Justin‘s BAC was much higher at .04. The legal level of intoxication is 0.08"

Who knows what the truth is....

Old 01-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
Partying, drugs, drinking, doing all of that while at night clubs, strip joints and street racing.

The kid isnt a talent. He has multiple writers for his music, he doesn't play an instrument and has the appeal little girls love to grab onto. He barley sings any of his songs. Many of them are computer remixes.

Having said all of this, I sorta feel sorry for the kid. He really has no direction and with the intensity of his fame and more than likely sees that all of this money comes way too easily. Im sure his ego is high in the sky. All he has to do is stand out on stage and make money.

I personally think hes just a lost kid with bad parenting. Hope someone straightens him out before he turns into a Charlie Sheen, Lindsy Lohan, Robert Downey, Jr. Danny Bonaduce........Many of which are life long train wrecks (RDJ got on his feet but only after many years in the hole).
Perhaps Dennis Rodman can visit with him when he gets out of his own rehab session? Just seeing what Rodman has turned into could be enough to scare the punk to a near death experience.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Suspended

Quote:
"The validity of Justin Bieber‘s police report is being brought into question after it was revealed that he had a blood alcohol level of .014, TMZ reports.... Initially, police had reportedly said that Justin‘s BAC was much higher at .04. The legal level of intoxication is 0.08"

Who knows what the truth is....
Sounds sorta like a publicity stunt. The world uses kids like him. But I don't see him ending up broke. I don't see him ending up like Lindsay either. Lindsay is a female and Hollywood wants new Lindsays and Mylees to pervert so tween and teen girls follow her example. Boys already have the gene to push limits.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hmm publicity stunt for street cred....(blocked off street 50-60 mph) you could be on to something

Old 01-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My first car, 17 years old, 1966 Tempest 2dr, 326 2bbl .... first week of my senior year I ran it into a light pole in the school parking lot .....yes I was injured. The car was a beauty, passed down through my family to me. I had just had it painted black, new wheels and tires, nice white pen strips, GTO hood. After the crash my father confiscated it and sold it. A couple of months later while I was riding my bike to work I saw someone else driving it, probably had the frame straightened.

So I ride my bike to work for months and months my whole senior year ...graduation day (1976) I buy a 1968 GTO from my art teacher. Within six months of buying that car I'd be arrested for reckless driving (with 100+mph pursuit), drag racing, and the final straw, hitting an old lady in an Impala (she was quite badly injured) while I was racing a friend (Lee Brewer, Sprint Car driver ..look him up) back from the drag strip (Lakeland Drag Strip). All these were separate incidents.

Of course I was grounded from driving my car for a while, in the meantime I saved up and bought a 68 lemans which I cannibalized to repair the GTO. I was now out of highschool, waiting to join the military. The first day I got the GTO back on the road, I was doing a burnout in the grocery store parking lot where I worked. I overshot the parking lot and slide to a stop in the middle of the road ....a pickup truck with a couple in it slam on the brakes and barely miss me. I look over, only to see my Mother and Father in that pickup. Car was taken away again.

At the court date for the accident involving the old lady ....my Mother thought it fitting to tell the judge how I almost killed them while racing around in a parking lot. Thanks Mom

Six months later I was in the military and my days of acting like an idiot were almost over, not completely, but almost. The military had whole new ways of "grounding" me when I misbehaved.

Anyway ....point being, I turned out ok. I did a lot of stupid stuff, back in the day, in Tenn. when we'd like to think it was a different world. I won't even get into the drugs I did...and this was rural TN. in the early 70's.

I think Bieber is a douche, but not because of the stuff he is doing. Just because he is just such a pajamaboy while he does it. And the whole thug life wannabe thing is just so old. If I had his money and toys when I was that age I can promise you I wouldn't be alive to talk about it right now.
JohnnyB