THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-08-2022, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Olivia Newton-John

So sorry to hear of her passing. Even though I was never a huge fan, I watched the movie Grease quite a few times. She always seemed to be a classy lady. RIP.
As these people that were icons in my life pass away closer to my age, I'm reminded of my own mortality. I guess that's why I post the loss, to make me feel better.

Old 08-08-2022, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

She was one of my female artist favorites while stationed in Germany from 1974 - 77. Obviously we enjoyed her tremendously in Grease.

5 years my senior, but will admit to thinking she was "hot" back in the day.

She was a multiple time cancer survivor, but it finally caught up with her.

RIP ONJ.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I always had a big crush on her..

RIP

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
The Following User Says Thank You to 71GP76TA For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 08:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Olivia NJ died at age 73. Seems rather young.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
Seems rather young.
Cancer doesn't care how old you are. She had been battling it for years.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 01:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

RIP...thanks for the memories!

Old 08-09-2022, 01:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71GP76TA View Post
I always had a big crush on her..

RIP
Same here...and my first one at that.... RIP

The Following User Says Thank You to kingbuzzo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2022, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Have been a fan a long time, which got me curious how she beat cancer and her strategy. It involved Not feeding it.
Cancerous organs are always Acidic, and Sugar in your body makes acid. She has like 30 years after her diagnosis first occurred.
Apple cider vinegar Will get organs to their correct PH.
Which is slightly alkaline in most cases.
Fatty tissue can be a source which dissolved is acidic.
She did an extreme amount of research and made a believer out of many in her fight

Old 08-11-2022, 04:36 PM

Neither her music or movies are my cup of tea (never saw Grease and don't care to) but most claim she was a good human being. Although most men would disagree, she doesn't get an automatic pass in my book just because she was born with an attractive body.

Old 08-11-2022, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I saw her in Charlotte in Fall 1982 on the Get Physical tour.

I graduated college in May 1982 and started work. Another recent graduate hired on about the same time and we became friends. He moved to Charlotte from out of state, and was maintaining a long distance relationship with a girlfriend who was still in college. She was a big Olivia Newton John fan, so he bought two tickets and planned to take her to the show. He found out she was cheating about a week before the show, so they broke up. He tried to sell the tickets and had no takers, so he asked me if I wanted to go. It was a free concert, I was all in. I thought it was a pretty good show, she was defnitely an attractive lady. We both caught a bunch of crap from our co-workers about going.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Long time fan of her records, up to, but not including the Let's Get Physical megahit.
I remember when the movie Grease was all the rage and I didn't really want to go see it because it seemed like a teen-age fan girl flick. Eventually my curiousity got the best of me when I had a chance to see it at a low cost second run theater. I thought I would probably hate it but it turned out to be pretty entertaining. I came out of it having a bigger crush for Didi Conn than I did for ONJ, lol. And that still stands.

Anyway, I like her older songs the best. One of her number one hits that you never hear on the radio anymore (for decades) is Have You Never Been Mellow. Well, that was one I didn't care much for but if i were to play it on You-Tube I would get a pleasant flashback of being in Driver's Ed because it was constantly being played on the radio while we were getting our driving time in (spring 1975).

Old 08-12-2022, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Your reply brought back memories. The two songs I remember hearing constantly during Driver's Ed was Brand New Key and American Pie. That was fall of 1972. Brand New Key was definitely one of those songs that could get stuck in your head.

I lived in a rural county, so our Driver's Ed teacher took us into Charlotte for a exerience driving in traffic. That ended after one of the students was involved in an accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
Long time fan of her records, up to, but not including the Let's Get Physical megahit.
I remember when the movie Grease was all the rage and I didn't really want to go see it because it seemed like a teen-age fan girl flick. Eventually my curiousity got the best of me when I had a chance to see it at a low cost second run theater. I thought I would probably hate it but it turned out to be pretty entertaining. I came out of it having a bigger crush for Didi Conn than I did for ONJ, lol. And that still stands.

Anyway, I like her older songs the best. One of her number one hits that you never hear on the radio anymore (for decades) is Have You Never Been Mellow. Well, that was one I didn't care much for but if i were to play it on You-Tube I would get a pleasant flashback of being in Driver's Ed because it was constantly being played on the radio while we were getting our driving time in (spring 1975).

Last edited by poncho-mike; 08-12-2022 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

She had a concert at my college (when we had home football games we had concerts of many of the big names in the 70s). Thought she was a knock out and a great voice.

1965 GTO 4 barrel 3 speed project
2004 GTO Pulse Red stock motor computer tune 13.43@103.4
1964 Impala SS 409/470ci 600 HP stroker project
1979 Camaro IAII Edelbrock head 500" 695 HP 10.33@132 3595lbs
The Following User Says Thank You to Skip Fix For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 11:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This thread is not helping getting that Xuanadoo song out of my head all week...lol

Old 08-14-2022, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"I always had a big crush on her.."

Me first!

RIP.......

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 08-14-2022, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuzzo View Post
This thread is not helping getting that Xuanadoo song out of my head all week...lol
Have a street by me named xanado ct i couldnt live there lol

Old 08-15-2022, 08:00 AM

"Xanadu" (1980) was a crappy movie but had a great soundtrack. Believe ELO's Jeff Lynne had a major part in producing it. Several ELO songs were on it. Album produced at least one Billboard #1, as recalled, John's "Magic" and the title track did get into the top ten. There was also a duet with Cliff Richard "Suddenly" that certainly seems schmaltzy today, but certainly liked it then as a geeky 15 year old kid.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Roller skating is a rock solid plot foundation...lol...I'd watch it again (embarassed moticon)