Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 08-12-2022, 03:19 PM
Boost Engineer

Default Looks like GM got smart and .........

dropped the Diesel, the V6 engine, and the Extended Cab and Long Bed in favor of a
new 2.7L Turbocharged 4 cylinder engine, 8 speed Automatic Transmission, Crew Cab,
and 5 foot-5 inch bed. It will have 4 trim levels.

They will market this vehicle as the GM 2023 Canyon.

Love those Turbocharged Engines.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One thing I really miss was my 1983 S10. It had the long bed and regular cab. You literally cannot buy that now in a "small" truck. The smallest current Canyon is only 1-1/2' shorter than my full size regular cab 8 foot bed Sierra.

If GM made a regular cab 6 foot bed Canyon, fleet sales alone would be more than they get currently all told - especially if a 4 cylinder.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scarebird For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a 2011 Colorado 4 cylinder regular cab 6 ‘ bed 2wd. I have no use for a 4 dr truck with a shorter bed. If GM would make a regular cab 6’ bed Sierra or Colorado, I’d probably buy one. They seem to be catering to people who don’t use their trucks as trucks or for families who don’t have a car. I love watching guys at Home Depot trying to fit anything in their 5 1/2 foot beds. Add a toolbox and you have no room at all. But, they did spend 60K or more for it.
Yes, the new Canyon or Colorado is not a small pickup anymore. Don’t see the point, a full size is barely bigger.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:14 PM
Senior Chief

I love my 6 1/2 ft bed (regular bed) crew cab 4x4 Sierra. Can fit 8ft material diagonally in the bed. No issues pulling or launching my boat. If they drop V8 power they need to replace it with something better.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was planning on buying a new Express van for trailer towing, but a nice used one popped up last Christmas. Glad I bought it. The only engine available in 2023 for the passenger and cargo van will be the 4.3 V6.
The 6.6 and 4 cylinder diesel will be available for the cutaways only.
(U-Hauls / School buses / Ambulances.)

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 08-13-2022, 11:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have a '16 Canyonaro gasser...I was really tempted by the big daddy diesel however

The bed is useless but great looking truck...lol

I wish I could afford a ZR2 but can't justify it.