THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

RIP Charles.
https://obits.theadvocate.com/us/obi...ry?id=35963741

Old 07-26-2022, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My bad... her name was Millicent. I only knew her as Millie.

Has anyone heard from his son Steven? He is a member of PY.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 07-27-2022, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry to hear that. Charles was a great help and inspiration to the hobby.

Old 07-27-2022, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, I haven't been visiting the forums much lately and I was shocked and saddened to see this. I talked to him a couple of times after his wife passed and I know that he was a lost soul without her, so in that respect, I truly believe that he was ready to go.
I actually talked to Charles quite a few times over the years and l'm not a phone guy.
He was funny, VERY intelligent and extremely knowledgeable about a wide variety of subjects especially technical things. Sorry we never got to meet though we threatened it many times before Miss Millie passed.
Rest in Peace old buddy.

Old 07-28-2022, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I hadn't seen you on Greg. But I knew that when you found out you would be shocked. I still can't believe he's gone. We've all lost a best friend.

We had a few long talks. Picked on each other a lot. And yes, he was ready. That's all he wanted. To be with Miss Millie. I can't say I blame him. She was one sweet lady. I miss talking to her too. I spent a week with them at their house back in 2013. They made me feel like family. I've never met 2 people that were nicer than them since then.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 07-29-2022, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, l'm sorry for your loss Gary because l know that you and Charles were very close. He would bring your name up sometimes, something he was trying to tell you but you just wouldn't listen... LoL. He was a funny guy.
I'd say most of the time when l'd hear from him, l was asking question in the forums and rather than posting anything he'd just call me. Then of course we'd talk from there about all kinds of stuff. I took a genuine liking to him and I regret that I never got to meet him.

Old 07-29-2022, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I find the other photo(s) of them both I'll post them here. The one I did post was from long ago, as you can guess. It's one Charles sent me a long time ago. I've got some too from when I was there, and they took me on a tour of a few plantations.

The one thing I won't forget was Charles and his buddy Robert took me to Na'lins to tour the National WWII Museum. IF anyone is ever there make sure you go see it. It something you will never forget.... and you must go see the movie "Beyond All Boundaries" too. It's narrated by Tom Hanks. If you walk out without tears in your eyes and can talk, then you didn't pay much attention to it.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"