Old 09-28-2021, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az
Default Pontiac power cruise ins Phoenix area Nov-Dec

Hello out there. Since I have decided not to host any more events for this year, am planning some casual cruise ins in the Phoenix area for early November and December.
With Dr appts scheduled already in the area, I know I will be in town and would like to meet up and hang out with some other Pontiac power fans if interested.
Dates-
These will be held both Fri and Sat evenings the first weekend in November and the first weekend in December.
Locations- with Phoenix so large, my thinking is to have something on the east side one evening the the west side the other evening.
For the west side, the popular w Bell road cruise in is likely
For the est side, there have been some input to different areas so, is to be determined.
It would be nice to see some Pontiac power fans on these 4 evenings to meet, chat, get caught up, talk Pontiacs and have some food etc.
You can keep current on the Pontiac Heaven face book page.
any input appreciated, hoping to meet with some of you at the locations best for you. see you

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 10-16-2021, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

With no Pontiac Heaven this fall, we will have a series of cruise ins to see old friends and make some new ones.

This first of a series of Phoenix area Pontiac power "Cruise ins" will be held Saturday evening, November 6 at 67th ave and Bell road from 5-9. This is a simple gathering for fans of Pontiac V8 power! Bring a car and or just yourself and say hello. Bring a chair or 2 and tell your friends.
I'll be driving my work in progress 1978 Gold Special Edition Trans Am and Mike Bramer will be there with me with his 1969 Trans Am. All fans of real Pontiac V8 power are welcome to join us. Come out for an hour for spend the evening with us talking Pontiac power! if you have questions, write here on this thread, email me - steve@pontiacheaven.org or call 480-899-7873 am not into texting but, if you are contact Mike. thanks and hope to see you there

Also , there likely will be another cruise the night before on the east side of the Phoenix valley area. more details when available.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	575329  

Hosting-

Last edited by Steve Barcak; 10-16-2021 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:04 PM
Senior Chief

Steve FYI the 6th is also the local POCI Chapter event in Case Grande. Not sure if that will cannibalize your gathering....

November 06, 2021
Arizona Chapter #29 (AZ) Events:

November 6, 2021, Casa Grande, AZ
Grande 40 - Celebrating 40 years of POCI in Arizona!

Description:
Saturday, November 6, 2021
All are invited to celebrate 40 years of POCI activities in Arizona during our biggest event this year! "Grande 40" is a completely FREE event which brings together all models/years of Pontiac, Oaklands and GMC Trucks for a display on the grass at Palm Creek RV Resort in Casa Grande, AZ. Free dash plaques, entertainment, birthday cake and special recognitions. We are extending an extra-special invitation to all former members and officers to please be with us that day from 10am - 2pm. "Grande 40" is supported by our sister chapter, the Desert Renegades of Arizona POCI Chapter #65.

Current Project:
'67 Catalina Convertible
400 4-spd
Old 10-16-2021, 07:11 PM

Looking forward to a future eastside event, I would hit the Glendale event but have a wedding already committed to for that date.

Old 10-16-2021, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hello and yes. I do plan to attend both events. Theirs is 10am-1pm. Mine starts are 5pm so, no conflict with a 4 hour spread between them. Plus the morning event is more geared to club people. I would not schedule a conflict.
When the first Az poci gathering was put together in 1981- I was there and have been a poci member since 1979. Was also a founding member of both Az chapters. Also served as President, VP and newletter Editor ( remember those)?, etc. been there, done that as they say.
hope you can attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpj23 View Post
Steve FYI the 6th is also the local POCI Chapter event in Case Grande. Not sure if that will cannibalize your gathering....

November 06, 2021
Arizona Chapter #29 (AZ) Events:

November 6, 2021, Casa Grande, AZ
Grande 40 - Celebrating 40 years of POCI in Arizona!

Description:
Saturday, November 6, 2021
All are invited to celebrate 40 years of POCI activities in Arizona during our biggest event this year! "Grande 40" is a completely FREE event which brings together all models/years of Pontiac, Oaklands and GMC Trucks for a display on the grass at Palm Creek RV Resort in Casa Grande, AZ. Free dash plaques, entertainment, birthday cake and special recognitions. We are extending an extra-special invitation to all former members and officers to please be with us that day from 10am - 2pm. "Grande 40" is supported by our sister chapter, the Desert Renegades of Arizona POCI Chapter #65.

Hosting-
Old 10-17-2021, 05:35 PM
Senior Chief

We plan on driving down to the Grande 40 event. Put some miles on the car.

Old 10-19-2021, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The east side seems ore of a problem as to location but, for Nov 5 will plan on the cruise at Signal Butte and Main st. That event normally runs 3-6pm but, I want working class people to be able to attend so, we will have ours from about 5-8pm and see how it goes.
Dave Baldwin will be there with one of his Formulas and I will be driving either my 72 GTO or 78 Tans Am.
Stop by and say hello, bring a chair or 2. Grab a bite to eat too. It will be nice to talk Pontiac, see some old friends and meet some new ones.
So there will be 2 Pontiac power cruise ins that weekend- Fri east side and Sat west side. Looking forward to it.
any questions- email or call me direct- steve@pontiacheaven.org 480-899-7873 not into texting

Hosting-
Old 10-19-2021, 10:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JONES View Post
We plan on driving down to the Grande 40 event. Put some miles on the car.
If you have time and interest, stop by the cruise that evening at 67ave ad Bell

Hosting-
Old 10-19-2021, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A few more Pontiacs have confirmed to be at the Bell road cruise in-

1. George Krawsnowskis show winning and burnout winning blown 455 71 GP
2 Chris Hall with his imported 68 400 Firebird autocrosser. Chris is my Autocross director for Pontiac Heaven events
3 Brad Nabours with his 69 Bird. Brad is my race director at Pontiac Heaven events
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	575543   Click image for larger version

Name:	68-Pontiac-Firebird-1-of-14.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	575544  

Hosting-
Old 11-03-2021, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Greater Phoenix , Az area- all from Arizona

This Fri and Saturday evenings- Gatherings for fans of real Pontiac Power!

Fri eve 11-5-21 will meet at the cruise in on Main St and Signal Butte in east Mesa. There is already a cruise in happening so, join us. Look for 78 Gold Trans Am.

Saturday eve 11-6-21 west valley cruise in - 67th ave/Bell rd.
Look for my Gold 78 TA and or Mike Bramers' '69 TA. For fans of Pontiac V8 power.
Let's say hello, meet and greet, talk Pontiac, make new friends and see old ones.
If you do not live close by, no worries as I do not either. Will be driving 250+ miles each way to attend.
any quesions, please email me- steve@pontiacheaven.org

Hosting-
Old 11-10-2021, 12:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We had 2 good nights hanging out, about a dozen or so each night. great cars and discussion. Going to be planning another in about a month. thanks to those to attended

Hosting-
Old 11-13-2021, 06:17 PM

The Friday night east side gathering was very nice, saw a few familiar faces and met a couple of new ones. Gotta find time to get my car running for the next one.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamans71 View Post
The Friday night east side gathering was very nice, saw a few familiar faces and met a couple of new ones. Gotta find time to get my car running for the next one.
Was nice to see you Chris. we will do it again in a few weeks

Hosting-

Last edited by Steve Barcak; 11-21-2021 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-21-2021, 12:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Fri eve 12-3-21 will meet at the cruise in on Main St and Signal Butte in east Mesa. There is already a cruise in happening so, join us. Look for 78 Gold Trans Am and Dave Baldwin's 70 orange Formula.

Saturday eve 12-4-21 west valley cruise in - 67th ave/Bell rd.
Look for my Gold 78 TA and or Mike Bramers' '69 TA. For fans of Pontiac V8 power.
Let's say hello, meet and greet, talk Pontiac, make new friends and see old ones.

Will get there around 4 each day and stay as late as there is interest. If you want to bring a car, let me know ahead of time and will try to reserve a space for you and your Pontiac. There are also places to eat if you want to grab a bite, at both locations.
contact me either by direct email - steve@pontiacheaven.org
or message off the Pontiac Heaven facebook page. - https://www.facebook.com/PontiacHeaven
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	east valley cruise.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	578251   Click image for larger version

Name:	west valley cruise in.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	578252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
Views:	143