Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-12-2001, 01:41 PM
Senior Chief

Hoping some of you can offer a little tech advice. I don't like the angle that the factory has the engine setting at. I want to raise the back of the engine up to set level in the car but don't know if that has an effect on the fuel delivery to the ports. The factory manifold makes provisions for the angle in the manifold so the carb sets level but Im running a blower with two 750's and want it to set level in the car. I can modify the trans tunnel if need be for the scatter shield. I just don't want the engine to be tilted back so far. Will leveling it make any difference? I saw a blown 64 GTO a while back and the engine was tilted back so far it made the blower look like it was out of place. A cool car that looked like s###, just for that reason!
Thanks in advance, Dennis B

Old 03-12-2001, 01:41 PM
Senior Chief

Hoping some of you can offer a little tech advice. I don't like the angle that the factory has the engine setting at. I want to raise the back of the engine up to set level in the car but don't know if that has an effect on the fuel delivery to the ports. The factory manifold makes provisions for the angle in the manifold so the carb sets level but Im running a blower with two 750's and want it to set level in the car. I can modify the trans tunnel if need be for the scatter shield. I just don't want the engine to be tilted back so far. Will leveling it make any difference? I saw a blown 64 GTO a while back and the engine was tilted back so far it made the blower look like it was out of place. A cool car that looked like s###, just for that reason!
Thanks in advance, Dennis B