Old 09-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OO Canadian Judge: 1 of 488

Mecum Auction

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 09-26-2006, 11:13 PM

BVZ is 100% correct on this. If you read the wording on the GM of Canada documentation on a Canadian sold Judge is states "Number Produced For Sale in Canada" (WT1= 442) rather than saying "Number Produced in Canada". So the 442 is a reference to the number of WT1 cars sold in Canada, not produced there.

BTW, my Judge is Sierra Yellow, 253 Brown interior with Dark Gold cordova top.
Oshawa built.

Cheers

Old 09-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Judge on that auction listing is a Killer Car.

The Mecum auction is using the 442 number. If that's what folks documentation pacts are stating, then I can understand why that number is used for the standard by them.

Would have to trust Fred's records of all Pontiacs built/sold far and wide by Pontiac - versus the other source. He had access to the master records of Pontiac Corporation Maximus Glueteus. If it weren't for him - we wouldn't hardly have any statistical numbers for any of the GTO's.

That's where I'm thinking 442 would be more appropriate for all those Sold inside Canada, rather than strictly built in Oshawa. They had to get that number from some counting basis somehow, though. 154 Judges is quite an error if both parties have it correctly accounted. Maybe someday the Canadian contact will examine the data again or verify none of the 442 were imported.

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 09-26-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looked at my Oshawa docs,could only find 6 Orbit Orange,I'm sure there were lots more.Quite a few Gold,Green,and White Judges though!

Old 09-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Senior Chief

Guys, there are two Canadian OO Judges for sure out west here in Calgary. The one is my buddies in the pics from last summer and the other is owned by Classic Performance in Calgary. One of the numbers thrown around was 11 OO Canadian Judges, but I would think that is low.
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=453557
http://www.classicperformance.us/

Regarding Baron's thought, every Canadian-found Judge (5-6)I've seen up here has been Oshawa built, so I would think very few were imported.
Lots of Oshawa cars were exported though.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well now, I don't know PepperG. The IV factor hit me when I read your post. If any of the good people up North wanted a 70 GTO or 70 Judge with a Ram IV engine, they would Have to Have been Imported (and 69 IV's too). And I bet several many of them did order IV Judges in 70, but maybe not 154 of them - but then again maybe possibly close to that many. Those Canadians know about Pontiacs up there.

Oshawa didn't do many of the Highest caliber Pontiac Muscle Cars. Like Trans Ams and Roundport Judges. All their Roundport Cars were built with chrome bumpers -and those are great cars too in respect. You guys imported a good number of Pontiacs every year. And we are glad you did.

Anyone have an estimate in mind on the OO Canadian Mecum auction? 65 75 85 100 ?

Old 09-28-2006, 01:40 AM

About 10-12 years ago I looked at an OO Judge in Regina Saskatchewan that was for sale. It was an Oshawa car w/RAIII/Auto. The owner selling it was the second, and he got it from his buddy (in about 1972) who ordered it new locally. Anyway it was a real nice car to restore but I passed on it as the timing was bad. Found out later he actually had a hard time selling it, even advertised it in the Canadian Old Car Trader with a low price. He finally sold it several months later and for a crazier low price just before winter to free up a stall in his garage. I heard it went to the Saskatoon area but I have my doubts. If it is there somebody has it tucked away as I am up there alot and have never seen it or heard of it again. I'm still losing sleep over letting that one get away. It would be great to know where that car ended up.

Also I know of another OO Judge that sold new in this area as well. I have talked to the guy that bought it new and he said it was a RAIII 4-speed. I never personally saw the car as he sold it back in the late 70's or early 80's.

FWIW I have looked a fair amount of 70 Judges here in Canada, and aside from RAIV and ragtops they were all built in Oshawa.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:32 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via MSN to the70OOJudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin
Here is the ever-elusive #4 OO Canadian. I forgot which one of our members owns this Judge - so forgive me on that.

Actually, when you're considering 1970 Judges that were built in a country whose national symbol and flag is a Marijuana Leaf - at least half of those 442 Judges were probably Orbiting Oranges.

I'd like to have a Canadian Built 70 Judge also, in any color. I just like all the codes on the data plates. All were D-port Cars, don't know if they built any of the 17 455HO Judges in 70 or not.

PY member CDN2PLS2 has a tremendous amount of data on 70 GTO & Judge. He might could supply some additional info, maybe.
That is my OO 70 Judge ( and thank you , I love her dearly)

Old 09-30-2006, 02:15 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppergreen
Guys, there are two Canadian OO Judges for sure out west here in Calgary. The one is my buddies in the pics from last summer and the other is owned by Classic Performance in Calgary. One of the numbers thrown around was 11 OO Canadian Judges, but I would think that is low.
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=453557
http://www.classicperformance.us/

Regarding Baron's thought, every Canadian-found Judge (5-6)I've seen up here has been Oshawa built, so I would think very few were imported.
Lots of Oshawa cars were exported though.
That other OO Judge is Carmine? I have heard of him, met him once at Tiger Run in Bend Or. in 2000. Mine is an origional OO Judge , Sierra Yellow one and a Cardinal red one was made in Canada.. I would say most I have seen up here have been Oshawa Judges..

Old 09-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Senior Chief

There are two of these Oshawa Judge's in Maine. I own one and a friend own's the other.
Mine is Atool Blue and his is Red ,both have black vinyl top's.
Both are RAIII ,M20,with 3:55 pozi
Both are bench seat
Both have rear defog and am/fm radio
Both have clocks and no tach.
Mine was sold new in Rhode Island and his came from a local dealer here in Maine.

Old 09-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry P
There are two of these Oshawa Judge's in Maine. I own one and a friend own's the other.
Mine is Atool Blue and his is Red ,both have black vinyl top's.
Both are RAIII ,M20,with 3:55 pozi
Both are bench seat
Both have rear defog and am/fm radio
Both have clocks and no tach.
Mine was sold new in Rhode Island and his came from a local dealer here in Maine.
Very Cool! I wonder why Oshawa Ontario put the "WT1" option on their cowl plate and other plants did not.. One of those Pontiac things we will never know I guess. And as far as bench seats My Buddies Cardinal Red Convert Judge "Not Built in Canada" is a bench seat with colum shift .. Ever so Weird asking for that back in those days in a muscle car..

Old 10-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Have you ever heard how many 70 Judge converts might have been built with a bench seat?

Old 10-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Senior Chief

Pete, You're right, Carmine at Classic Performance has the OO Judge that he got out of Penticton.

I forgot about yours.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:30 AM

Here is my Ohsawa built OO Judge. It sold new in Vancouver B.C., at Jim Pattison Pontiac.

Pete, here is a picture take at Tiger Run, in 2000 I think! Left to right is Carmine's, Pete's, Mine, and Al's.

Pete, do you still have those pictures of the three of us heading north on I-5?Three OO Judges all in a row heading home after Tiger Run. Rear veiw mirror shot was awsome! Richard from Washington.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02544.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	67077   Click image for larger version

Name:	OO Judges 001.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	67078  

The Following User Says Thank You to URHONOR For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Senior Chief

Great Pic URHONOR, here's a pic of Shawn Oshawa OO automatic Judge with another white Oshawa Judge (Powell River Car) and they let me in the pic with my Pepper Judge (Pontiac built!)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1808a.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	67128   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1807a.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	67129  

Old 10-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Senior Chief

You bet I still have those shots...Richard... That was a awesome year and travelling down that highway with the three of us heading north was a awesome time..

Now about Pattisons Judge... that was the Car I saw in 1970 when I fell in love with the OO 1970 Judge.. I remember it parked in his driveway.. Memories heh!!!

Pete
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3Judges.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	68271  

Last edited by the70OOJudge; 10-14-2006 at 01:45 AM.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by the70OOJudge
You bet I still have those shots...Richard... That was a awesome year and travelling down that highway with the three of us heading north was a awesome time..

Now about Pattisons Judge... that was the Car I saw in 1970 when I fell in love with the OO 1970 Judge.. I remember it parked in his driveway.. Memories heh!!!

Pete
This is a good shot of you !! Richard!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JudgesOnWayHome.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	68272  

Old 10-14-2006, 01:51 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by the70OOJudge
This is a good shot of you !! Richard!!
Better yet
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JudgesOnWayHome4.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	68273  

Old 10-14-2006, 01:53 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppergreen
Great Pic URHONOR, here's a pic of Shawn Oshawa OO automatic Judge with another white Oshawa Judge (Powell River Car) and they let me in the pic with my Pepper Judge (Pontiac built!)
Sweet!!! Love to see them in a row!!

Old 10-14-2006, 01:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Those are cool pics.