Old 02-09-2023, 05:38 PM
Senior Chief

Default 70 Rear Window "Spacer" Thickness

I'm trying to dry fit my rear window into a channel that has had a fair bit of rust repair done to it. I wasn't the one that took the glass out so I wasn't able to save any of the rubber blocks that I believe would have been there from new.

I believe these are around 1/4" or possibly more, I'm not sure, but I would like to know what thickness they should be so that I can set the glass in and install the trim to make sure it all fits properly.

Can anyone verify just how thick these little rubber blocks should be for me?

Thanks and much appreciated.

Old 02-10-2023, 05:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

https://www.chevelles.com/threads/ho...t-down.169874/ This may help even though its for chevelles.

Old 02-11-2023, 12:20 AM
Senior Chief

Yes thanks, that helps.

For anyone else that's interested, I found out that the standard size rubber spacer for 67-71 firebirds and 68-74 corvettes(with aux hardtop) is p/n 4871330 and measures 3/8 x 1/2 x 1. I got this info from my old parts catalogs. I don't have one for Lemans/GTO but I would assume it will be the same. If someone has a parts book to verify it would be interesting to know. Regardless, the "magic" number seems to be 3/8" thick based on this finding and what was mentioned in the link.

Thanks again!