67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:48 AM

What is the difference between the 68 Firebird and GTO Pans if any? Are the Pan Dimensions bigger? If so does anyone know the measurements? The pans may all be the same for both applications.

I have noticed some 68 lower Ram Air pans to have a carb. heat vent tube while others do not. This is what led me to believe there were different pans made in 68. Anybody got any hard core info? Differences between Ram Air I and II maybe??

I have seen a 1968 Instruction Diagram for dealer installation of the ram air pans for the Firebird and was wondering if anyone has one just for GTO? This might answer some of my questions.

If you ordered a Ram Air package over the counter in 68 I am assuming the lower pan would be the same as a car ordered with the ram air engine?

Thanks
Ram Head

Old 06-23-2005, 07:48 AM

What is the difference between the 68 Firebird and GTO Pans if any? Are the Pan Dimensions bigger? If so does anyone know the measurements? The pans may all be the same for both applications.

I have noticed some 68 lower Ram Air pans to have a carb. heat vent tube while others do not. This is what led me to believe there were different pans made in 68. Anybody got any hard core info? Differences between Ram Air I and II maybe??

I have seen a 1968 Instruction Diagram for dealer installation of the ram air pans for the Firebird and was wondering if anyone has one just for GTO? This might answer some of my questions.

If you ordered a Ram Air package over the counter in 68 I am assuming the lower pan would be the same as a car ordered with the ram air engine?

Thanks
Ram Head