THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-27-2024, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Jey Leno's wife has dementia

Sad news for Jay and his wife Mavis - she has dementia and he's filed for conservatorship of her estate to make sure her desires upon her death are realized. They've been married for 44 years. It's been mentioned she has a brother who is her one surviving relative, and he wants to make sure he's included in her estate. What a tough thing to face. I've always admired how they've shunned the typical celebrity lifestyle and have simply gone about their business without making headlines.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2024, 04:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Leno is a 1st rate human being and so is she! I love his monthly articles in Hagerty's magazine.

The Following User Says Thank You to 61-63 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2024, 04:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Amazing man for sure. Living a dream car enthusiast life. Prayers for his wife, him, and their families.

Old 01-27-2024, 05:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

She's like 3-4 years older than he is.
An awesome beautiful woman.
Praying for the best!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
The Following User Says Thank You to 77 TRASHCAN For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2024, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

keep them in your prayers

Old 01-27-2024, 05:34 PM

That disease is horrible at the least. The forgetful jokes are not funny once you have experienced the real thing. Its not just forgetting, there is a disease and a real depth to it. Watching mom with cancer was "easy" compared to watching her go with Alzheimer's. It is awful to watch someone degrade to where they don't know you, or maybe it's they can't show you they do. Its awful to consider this possibility.

As you know there is no cure but studying what there is available do these things: 1) get better at eating more good and less bad food, just a change in that direction is good, 2) exercise, get that heart rate up once in awhile, 3) keep your mind active, run a caliper, check coil bind, plan a fuel system, read an old text book..., 4) keep social, yes I think Max Performance counts, 5) do what it takes to get quality sleep.

Jay, you have a lot of friends thinking of you and your family.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DaleO For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2024, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Based on what form of dementia she has Jay is in for a tough road ahead. My wife is a geriatric nurse who deals with dementia daily. It is a hideous disease that robs the victim of themself. I’ve had to deal with it in both my uncle and my aunt; both had vascular dementia. I also had an older first cousin who developed Lewy body dementia. It is especially ugly because Lewy body victim lash out both physically and mentally.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 01-28-2024, 08:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That helps explain why (in an interview) he said he went home to let her know he had been burned before he went to the hospital. He mentioned she doesn’t drive any more and he needed to go home first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 400 4spd. For This Useful Post: