67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 01-30-2024, 07:01 PM

Default 69 Firebird Gauge Cluster Wire Conduit Channel - where/how does it mount?

After many months I am in the process of putting together my 69 TA instrument panel after what started out to be just replacing the Heater Core, because well, project creep!

So, ~ 9+ months following a new heater core and restored inner/outer heater boxes, a new molded firewall pad, a set of the old aftermarket stacked gauges set up and a restored dash pad by Just Dashes, I'm super close and have hit a snag with this Wire Conduit Channel.

I cannot see where or what it mounts to on the IP bezel or the metal dash panel itself. The attached is an excerpt from the Parts book, same that is depicted in the Assy Manual and it's not clear how it mounts at all. The illustration shows two screws which came with this piece that I recently bought off of E-Bay because it was there and for sale.. ;-)

The photo and the illus. both show this wire conduit channel circled in red...

Can anyone tell me or show me a picture of what this thing mounts to on the car itself?

Thanks!!
Bryan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IP Assy Pic.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	627573   Click image for larger version

Name:	IP - Harness trough1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	627574  

The Following User Says Thank You to silver79toi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2024, 12:18 AM

Attached is a pic of the wire gutter on my dash.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF4708.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	627594  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6769fb87gn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2024, 03:31 PM

Thanks for the photo which led me to figure out that I am missing some items called Gauge Cluster Harness Channel Clips...basically stamped and formed little "L" brackets that mount with the screw and locating tab at the top of the cluster to bezel and then bending 90 with a hole to accept the plastic channel screws. None of the major Resto houses, including our sponsor/friends here at Ames carry them... But Inline tube does ! Why them? I've not a clue
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-31 132501.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	627632  

Last edited by silver79toi; 01-31-2024 at 03:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to silver79toi For This Useful Post: