Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Suspended

opiates work..calm down kids..RAINBOW LOVE..RAINBOW LOVE..its all fun or it aint worth it..

i have a 8-71 blower, and a 3-71 blower for my 4cyl..a gale banks twin turbo deal, and tons of nitrous..its all power..lets be pals..

lose the ego..embrace the truth, for it shall set you free

Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
1,200 HP .....................NOT going to happen with 10 lbs. of boost period!
Wrong -- our car is limited to 13lb boost and is at 1270 rear tire - on gas -

Old 08-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And - BTW - I have built both - BBC and Pontiac-- when you reach the upper level's - the differnce in cost is NADA - trust me - I have the reciepts tp prove it.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeise View Post
And - BTW - I have built both - BBC and Pontiac-- when you reach the upper level's - the differnce in cost is NADA - trust me - I have the reciepts tp prove it.

I 've been saying that for years and these guys just don't want to believe it.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yeah! but ,that is just an excuse for some people to make the chevy look more appealing, and keep them from looking stoopid, they don't want to be a minority or an individual, Why else would some of these aholes go around saying you can build a 500hp chevy for $2000. last i checked it was more like $5500. Mainstream anything Sux!

Old 08-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah I hear all the time from the SBC guys how you can build a 500 hp motor for $2000 yet one I know in particular I caught telling his other chevy buddy about the $4500 300hp 350 he just had built for his tow vehicle and what a great deal he got! go figure! I asked him if it came with free lube for life and he didnt get it.

Pontiac, BBC,BBF, BBMopar, all cost about the same once you get over 600hp level from what I see. These guys building big inch high power smallblock anythings are nuts, they cost way more to make 700 + hp than a Pontiac or the other big blocks I just mentioned.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Suspended

posted by Bruce Wilkie ;
...These guys building big inch high power smallblock anythings are nuts, they cost way more to make 700 + hp than a Pontiac or the other big blocks I just mentioned.

Those small blocks is not uncommon to be twice the price of a big block for the same power. And as already stated, Pontiac, bbc, bbf(actuly a bb Ford is cheapest to build for big power) mopar big engines are close to the same in cost.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i didnt read all this... (im sure i'll get thrown out of here again) to get what you need you have to buy all aftermarket HD race items......
its gonna cost NO MATTER WHAT. Now im the biggest pontiac nut youll ever chat with.
i have experience in all motors..... NO PONTIAC will keep up with the so called BBC. YES pontiacs can make the power.. but they wont last ( I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU GOT OR HOW DEEP YOUR POCKETS ARE)YES there are some bad ass pontiacs out there no doubt..... but THEY WERE never DEVEOPED TO HANDLE THE ABUSE. HEAD FLOW & ENGINE parameters just arnt that great in a pontiac..... YES parts are better today..... 1000 times better than 10 years ago.
if you have a pontiac, i would go MERLIN block (its not a chevy its a MERLIN) Pontiac prostock style heads, Big Chiefs, big dukes, .... these heads flow 500 cfm out of the box
the blocks are heavy duty, splayed caps.... etc.... the PONTIAC PRO STOCK valve covers bolt on.... BAM you have a pontiac.........a serious one.
IF interested i have for sale MERLIN ALUMINUM BLOCK, tall deck, raised cam, billet splayed caps. NEVER USED bored to 4.590 & clearnced for crank. Heads are 490 cfm big dukes. i have a single dominator intake or a full blown & injection set up. this will make tons of torque & power & to me is still a pontiac........
1 of the most famous pontiac racers TO THIS DAY runs a chevy (Arnie Beswick) WHY?

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

IMO, the necessary hard parts have already been addresses within the last 8 pages of this thread. Maybe if he was trying to build a N/A motor for a 6 sec class, he would need those 500 cfm heads. With a turbo motor they're not needed. Also, IA2 blocks have been advertised to handle double the power he's after. So he won't need that Merlin either.
Bryan

Old 08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Suspended

Sweetjudge, you have a chevy. As for Arnie, he has a chevy because when he got back into running, that's what he could get. Times are better now, and don't be surprised when you see him and a few others come back to Pontiac power.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ummm yeah, SweetJudge, what are YOU thinking ?