Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 01-11-2005, 10:08 PM

Is it possable to find out the previous owners of a old car? My GTO must have traded many hands and been crashed at least once, and I just think it would be neat to send a picture of the final car all done to the previous owners of the car. Carfax tells me my car is to old, though.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:08 PM

Is it possable to find out the previous owners of a old car? My GTO must have traded many hands and been crashed at least once, and I just think it would be neat to send a picture of the final car all done to the previous owners of the car. Carfax tells me my car is to old, though.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Senior Chief

Once upon a time, most states would provide you with a title history on your car, but privacy concerns have pretty well legislated that service out of existence.

Here in Texas, thanks to stalkers, repo agents, vengeful present or ex-spouses, identity thieves, etc., MVD will not provide a private citizen with the identity of the owner of a particular motor vehicle.

However, you can obtain verification of an owner's name if you first present MVD with the correct name.