Old 01-28-2005, 10:55 AM

Im building my car to be an well handling call, with some good power. Im picking up fiberglass for the hood, rear bumper, fenders, and eventually the trunk lid. My question is that If I paint the car red, would it look good or bad to paint the fiberglass rear bumper black, and everything else that was chorme on the car (ie headlamp buckets) black? The rims would also be some sort of modern stle black rims.

Im not wrecking an original, this car was from the J yard.

Old 01-28-2005, 10:55 AM

Im building my car to be an well handling call, with some good power. Im picking up fiberglass for the hood, rear bumper, fenders, and eventually the trunk lid. My question is that If I paint the car red, would it look good or bad to paint the fiberglass rear bumper black, and everything else that was chorme on the car (ie headlamp buckets) black? The rims would also be some sort of modern stle black rims.

Im not wrecking an original, this car was from the J yard.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

it's yer car.
whatever trips yer trigger.

Old 01-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to Goin' Topless

One word: Yuk.

Why not all black?

Old 01-29-2005, 12:46 AM

Im painting the whole car myself, and only have painted things via spraycan. I hate painted metal bumpers, but I cant chrome fiberglass, so this is my only option (opposed to a new bumper, and thats way to much). I can paint it a reflective silver, but I dont know how that will turn out. Black shows all imperfections in the metalwork on the car, and I dont have any experiance with that so Ill need a finish that wont show off my mistakes.

Old 01-29-2005, 01:33 PM

If you are worried about the look when you are done go with a light color like white or silver as they hide alot of imperfections very well. A fair body man's work sprayed in white will often look better than a good body man's work in black. Just my opinion but if you can't get the real bumper than make it body color. Mark