THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2023, 01:41 PM
Senior Chief

Default New Pontiac project

We’ve closed out production of the Bathtub intakes, and unless a substantial demand pops up for more, these are sold out and I don’t foresee any more will be made.

Thanks to all who contributed to this project, espescially Tom S. without whose help the bathtub would not have been made.

This project gave me valuable contacts with pattern makers and a local foundry, who I have continued to work with.

I thought I would share a few pictures of a new project that is soon to be in production, a marque specific Pontiac supercharger. I realize forced induction may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I do think there is a (small) market for a twin screw style supercharger compatible with low compression, smog headed engines- and will fit under the hood of most stock vehicles.

This blower is based on the Eaton TVS 2650 twin screw head unit, which is OEM for several current GM products and has a significant track record for durability in consumer street use.

I have signed a deal to receive completed and tested head units, and have engineered the necessary manifolds, risers, injector rails, inter cooler brick and lid, and a custom serpentine drive unit, all specific to the Pontiac block.

The unit can be configured to fit either early or late style heads, and has a lower total height that the stock intake/air cleaner than my 69 F body.

An awful lot of work went into this, and there is a lot going on “under the hood” which I can cover in future posts.

For now, here are a few pictures of the finished product:

Several options for injector placement, here the fuel rails, injectors and injector harnesses are all hidden underneath the blower in the valley. Injector placement is also available in the conventional location outboard of the risers pointing down, but this hidden arrangement is much cleaner.

Close up of the Pontiac arrowhead, you can see the machining detail and the quality of the tool paths.

Here are a few shots of the blower installed on the 455 dyno mule. It has unported 112 cc cast iron (4X) heads and 8.2 compression ratio and an OF 2 roller cam. Stock crank with Molnar rods.

1969 GTO 467, Edelbrock 325 CFM, Terminator EFI
1969 Firebird Convertible